Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

LadyVex_sl

shitlord
Ok. I'll do just that o mighty one. It's now apparent that this thread is a complete and utter waste of my time. People would rather focus on attacking someone on something so miniscule as to when they actually joined a forum over answering questions to what the forum was originally dedicated to in the first place. You can have it.
You're acting like a child, and you're being called on it. You're also acting like you have been around this community and this forum for ages and thus can make generalizations about everything, despite showing up on our doorstep a few weeks ago. You're also being called on that.

If you cannot see how those two things alone make anything you post as being beneath our notice, then I'd hazard a guess that on the "socially awkward" meter, you'd rate in the double digits. Man up and GTFO.

As for this forum, it seems like a lot of people are eager for this to happen but are now freaking out because the developers are not doing what they tell them to do. Even though I believe most people here will admit just running around catering to each user is a horrible way to develop a game, they still want to be the exception. I also don't really get why people are upset about being brought in at the literal beginning of the process and wish the game was ready to start alpha. Yet they want to have input on everything.
It is sort of an interesting thing; you want to have input on everything, but you want a solid basis to start using as your drawing board, I guess. No one wants to start throwing ideas into a project in which their own devs don't really have a clear thought process, and instead have a convoluted mish mass of hopes and dreams.

That's my take on it; I can't get excited about it, because I feel their only avenue is to basically take all the best ideas piecemeal and throw it together, yet that won't do anything for the "the vision" (Hahhhhhhhhhh) if there really isn't one. Does that make sense?

For me, it's easy to condemn and hard to critique because I feel there is much of the former and little of the latter, which in turn makes even more of the former. I know where I want an MMO of old school origins to go, but I'm not seeing it and I'm not confident they will be able to nail it.

In short:

TrainWreck1.gif

tad10

Elisha Dushku
it like a serious case of false consensus where it's literally just 2,000 people thinking everyone feels the same way?

Any thoughts?
Demand is there. You are looking at it the wrong way. Despite the puddingness of the kickstarter and Brad and Salim's reputations, it still garnered 1500 backers.

TragedyAnn_sl

shitlord
As for this forum, it seems like a lot of people are eager for this to happen but are now freaking out because the developers are not doing what they tell them to do. Even though I believe most people here will admit just running around catering to each user is a horrible way to develop a game, they still want to be the exception.I also don't really get why people are upset about being brought in at the literal beginning of the process and wish the game was ready to start alpha. Yet they want to have input on everything.
I don't think anyone initially realized we were being brought in at the beginning of the process. I thought he had been WORKING on a game and had gotten as far as he could without help. And that the KS would show us what he'd been working on. And then people saw the KS and realized they weren't even out of the idea phase and yea, a lot of people felt...duped I guess?
I also don't think if they had put "Michael Keaton will be able to use Summon Shadows to call forth a deadly companion to fight by their side.", that it would have lit social media on fire.
My twitter woulda lit the effe up! I've loved Michael Keaton since the first Batman movie.
tongue.png

Quaid

Trump's Staff
Demand is there. You are looking at it the wrong way. Despite the puddingness of the kickstarter and Brad and Salim's reputations, it still garnered 1500 backers.
Puddingness might be the best word I've ever heard.

+1

tad10

Elisha Dushku
Ok. I'll do just that o mighty one. It's now apparent that this thread is a complete and utter waste of my time. People would rather focus on attacking someone on something so miniscule as to when they actually joined a forum over answering questions to what the forum was originally dedicated to in the first place. You can have it.
eh, people are annoyed at Brad for pudding up a poor kickstarter. I'd just blow with the wind for now me hearty, but return for the next change of winds.

Quaid

Trump's Staff
If only Draegan could implement FoH "join dates" for nostalgias sake.
My join date on FOH was bullshit like it is here. Got lost in the shuffle from noows to fohguild, and I think I got stuck with an 02. Then I didn't even know about moarnetz or whatever, and only stumbled across rerolled months after the fact.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
My join date on FOH was bullshit like it is here. Got lost in the shuffle from noows to fohguild, and I think I got stuck with an 02. Then I didn't even know about moarnetz or whatever, and only stumbled across rerolled months after the fact.
Whatever you fucking 13'er!

The no warrior thing works for me. I like the idea of all tanks being paladins or shadowknights. I think it will make groups more interesting and flexible. I can't wait to see how the actually implement it.

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Same for me with the shift from FoH to here eventually. I googled the hell out of FoH to try and figure out what happened, even emailed Tyen, James, and Homsar, and still couldnt get a reply as to what had happened / where everyone went.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Stuck with an 02? You mean the year the board opened?

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
The no warrior thing works for me. I like the idea of all tanks being paladins or shadowknights. I think it will make groups more interesting and flexible. I can't wait to see how the actually implement it.
Neither can I.

TrainWreck1.gif

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
As a warrior main, myself, I am kinda disappointed. I always liked the fact that War gave up all of the utillity for being the best at 1 single thing. In the end, it just led to class envy, whining, and never-ending nerfs / boosts to class balancing for everyone else. I am open to see how they implement this though. I hope there is enough contrast between the Pal / SK (DK) to make them truely stand out from one another and not just "divine nuke DD" vs "evil torment nuke DD" cookie cutter classes.