Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

Well, they should stop reworking/adding pledge tiers, they are good enough now. At ~50 backers a day it doesnt even matter, they wont get funded anyway.
No, they should not stop. There is still plenty more to do, and they haven't even touched add-ons yet. Many Kickstarters constantly tweak their tiers almost right up to the end.

Arctic_Slicer_sl

shitlord
Well, they should stop reworking/adding pledge tiers, they are good enough now. At ~50 backers a day it doesnt even matter, they wont get funded anyway.
They been reworking/adding pledges tiers because people really ripped into them for initial offerings . Now that they have a good listing of desirable tiers hopefully we can move beyond that issue and focus on improving other aspects of the campaign.

Skanda

I'm Amod too!
800k will not get them very far whatsoever if it's expected 10+ people will live off the money.
Let's not forget they won't be getting 800k either. Both Kickstarter and dear ol Uncle Sam will be lined up for their respective chunks.

Arctic_Slicer_sl

shitlord
Let's not forget they won't be getting 800k either. Both Kickstarter and dear ol Uncle Sam will be lined up for their respective chunks.
Either it's the first sentence or the second one. It can't be both.

Edit: I was reading first sentence to mean that weren't going to get funded. Must be time for bed.

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
Oh please, I spent 15k on bitcoin miners that I had written off as a loss and just got refunded. I was RRP'ed for a NSFW photo not my opinion on this game. EQ was how I started my gaming career and I was in a top 5 world guild so yeah I have a ton of love for EQ and would love to revisit that IF it is done correctly. This right now is a goddamn disaster and getting worse every day.

If Brad starts over better I will be right in the mix again. Not sure he can recover from it for this current kickstarter.
Cool finances, bro.

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
The thing is the group of people that want Vanguard 2.0 is a small minority and not enough to fund this kind of project. Else there would be a ton of people playing Vanguard. To many gamers including EQ vets, Vanguard is/was a horrible piece of garbage that was rushed out/mismanaged, etc. .
This is true. The only reason I don't play Vanguard is because I don't like that style of game. There is, and never was any other reason to not play Vanguard. It was just that I didn't want a trinity style, group-based game with a death penalty harsher than none. Wait, what, Vanguard is/was rush out and mismanaged? First I'm hearing of this. I simply never knew because I and most others were not playing the game for it's core design and mechanics.

Tauro

Bronze Knight of the Realm
No, they should not stop. There is still plenty more to do, and they haven't even touched add-ons yet. Many Kickstarters constantly tweak their tiers almost right up to the end.
Yes they should stop, its by far the smallest problem they have right now. If they can get you to pledge right now, you will surely find a tier that is acceptable.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
This is true. The only reason I don't play Vanguard is because I don't like that style of game. There is, and never was any other reason to not play Vanguard. It was just that I didn't want a trinity style, group-based game with a death penalty harsher than none. Wait, what, Vanguard is/was rush out and mismanaged? First I'm hearing of this. I simply never knew because I and most others were not playing the game for it's core design and mechanics.
So you dont like EQ, you dont like trinity, you dont like harsh death penalty, and you dont wanna group. THEN WTF ATE YOU DOING IN THIS THREAD?

Miele

Lord Nagafen Raider
I'm not going to email anyone, and I'm DEFINITELY not going to bother emailing a motherfuckingPR MANAGER. And if they care about what their target playerbase wants then they can waddle their asses over here and read this thread and the thousands of posts in it. Brad is here and reads this thread, the rest of them can as well as far as I'm concerned.

If they want people to pledge their money then it's on them to impress us; it's not on us to fund them while blindly hoping that they make something decent. How people can even manage the convoluted mental gymnastics to arrive at the position that WE have to fund THEM instead of THEY needing to impress US first and foremost is beyond me, but a lot of people in this this thread have argued exactly that and they should feel bad for it, IMHO.
I can't keep up with this thread, it's impossible for me. I want to say something:

I loved EQ, but contrary to many others on these boards, I loved also more modern games from WoW and beyond, full clones or partial clones. Some lasted only a couple months, rightfully so, others such as WoW itself follow me since 9 years, which is way longer than I played EQ even if I don't really play a lot of it nowadays.

I'd like to find a modern game that plays like EQ did (hell, you could remake EQ HD), but I'll not follow words or promises without anything remotely interesting to see. So... sorry, count me out, until I see an alpha demo or something that moves in a way similar to what I could find enjoyable.
Erronius is, as he mostly tends to be, 100% correct: I'm not impressed, I shouldn't pay *to* be impressed but *because* I'm impressed. There is nothing in that page that screams "shut up and give me your money".

I can tell, 100% certain about it, that I'd rather *not* play this game ever than wasting my money on promises and buzzwords. Sometimes, just sometimes, it's a matter of pure principle (because despite the stupid amount of shit that happened from 2008 until today, it's not certainly a couple dozen euros that make or break my life, thankfully), especially when related to somebody that can't put together a convincing presentation for a game. Maybe artistic people are less talented for this kind of stuff, but if the advertising is so horribly incomplete, lackluster, not enticing, not exciting, with shitty screenshots and a package of we will this and we will that, why must I be a zealot promoting and funding this?

Amaze me, show me something that says "here's my game, very small for now, but it can grow" and you'd get a better chance at pulling money out of me and maybe a bunch of other people.

Amaze me, show me something that says "here's my game, very small for now, but it can grow" and you'd get a better chance at pulling money out of me and maybe a bunch of other people.
That would be a really good thing to say. This is a niche game, a focussed design. Nothing wrong with saying, "we're starting strong though small, but the potential to grow is enormous..."

Fedor

<Banned>
That is one stoned dude next to David.

exgNJyq.png
Q71qUVZ.gif

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
Here is your 'media' tour, courtesy of the kickstarter comments page.

Updated :
I made of a list of Video/audio interviews coming up
1) MMOBuff.TV Interview with Brad McQuaid & Salim Grant on Monday 27th @ 20:00 BST, but we are recording it on Friday evening.
MMOBuff.TV Interview with Brad McQuaid Salim Grant | Pantheon: Rise of the Fallento ask or email your question
2) K-TAM Radio Hosting Pantheon Dev Pannel Sunday Jan 26t We would like to invite you the community to join us this Sunday for our Epic Sunday Open line talk show where we will be joined by members of the Pantheon team.
K-TAM Radio Hosting Pantheon Dev Pannel Sunday Jan 26t | Pantheon: Rise of the Fallento ask question or join there Mumble to ask question to the team
3) MMORPG.com We're putting together a Fan/Pledger Q&A with the team at Visionary Realms on Pantheon: Rise of the Fallen and that means we need your questions. Leave them in the comments between Jan 21 and Jan 22 BY 5PM EST, and we'll send the 10 (or so) best over to Brad to answer post haste.
Read more atGive Us Your Questions for Brad and the Team!PROTF Pantheon: Rise of the Fallen News - MMORPG.comto ask your question

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
It's a big problem for me that they don't seem to really want to work hard on this until they get funding. It's not working for free, it's working for a startup with a small team all of who presumably own some stake in the company. So if it succeeds they stand to profit then. It's laughable to call it pro bono work like they did earlier.

They want all the profit, with none of the risk and want us to fund it from my perspective.
its like high school dating

neither side wants to commit until they see how committed the other side will be

Dulldain_sl

shitlord
Here is your 'media' tour, courtesy of the kickstarter comments page.

Updated :
I made of a list of Video/audio interviews coming up
1) MMOBuff.TV Interview with Brad McQuaid & Salim Grant on Monday 27th @ 20:00 BST, but we are recording it on Friday evening.
MMOBuff.TV Interview with Brad McQuaid Salim Grant | Pantheon: Rise of the Fallento ask or email your question
2) K-TAM Radio Hosting Pantheon Dev Pannel Sunday Jan 26t We would like to invite you the community to join us this Sunday for our Epic Sunday Open line talk show where we will be joined by members of the Pantheon team.
K-TAM Radio Hosting Pantheon Dev Pannel Sunday Jan 26t | Pantheon: Rise of the Fallento ask question or join there Mumble to ask question to the team
3) MMORPG.com We're putting together a Fan/Pledger Q&A with the team at Visionary Realms on Pantheon: Rise of the Fallen and that means we need your questions. Leave them in the comments between Jan 21 and Jan 22 BY 5PM EST, and we'll send the 10 (or so) best over to Brad to answer post haste.
Read more atGive Us Your Questions for Brad and the Team!PROTF Pantheon: Rise of the Fallen News - MMORPG.comto ask your question
Thats great and I'm glad someone did it but it begs the question: Why did a backer post this in comments and not VR on the main page?