Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
Kingdom Come: Deliverance by Warhorse Studios Kickstarter

This is going to pass Pantheon in less than 12 hours of launching
LpFAo1M.gif

Dulldain_sl

shitlord
don't mind mini-Ut, he'd probably link three ferraris and claim these would outperform Pantheon in 12 hours.
Bullshit, they demo'ed a product, explained exactly what their game was going to be, and built a base before they started their KS. VR says "we have Brad" accompanied by alot of buzzwords and that is all. Warhorse did it right and are now reaping the rewards.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
All this doom and gloom! I think it's safe to say Brad and team got the message about how they are running the KS.. Hopefully they drop new info today so we can move on.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
but it will obviously be a mutually beneficial relationshipifit actually comes to fruition

both sides want something
Except right now the devs are offering us anal sex and we are excited we finally get to have anal with our girlfriend and aren't telling us it will be anal sex to us ...

Skanda

I'm Amod too!
All this doom and gloom! I think it's safe to say Brad and team got the message about how they are running the KS.. Hopefully they drop new info today so we can move on.
Depends, if they drop it like that have been I only see it getting nastier. They need a rather large info dump right now.

arallu

Golden Knight of the Realm
Someone pick up one of those 'design an item' tiers so you can make an item of power for Rangers.
It should be a fancy looking melee weapon but it will only have bonuses to Bows.

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
its like high school dating

neither side wants to commit until they see how committed the other side will be
And this really shows, too. I said earlier in the thread, KS donors might not be investors, but it's useful to look at them like theyareinvestors (And Donors). And you don't handle investors through the typical AD Campaign--normal advertising takes time, multiple sources and focuses on the product--this method doesn't work if you don't have a product, have limited sources (lol PCgamer) and have a finite amount of time (One month? Even brands like Coke, that have ad budgets equal to the GDP of small nations, don't do campaigns in that amount of time). You handle investors by building the biggest commodity in any pitch--confidence. You make them confident in you, your vision, their own intelligence for choosing to invest. (Then comes the donor phase, keep them invested through communication and engagement.)

I mean, look at all these other successful KS campaigns. You see buckets of information, highly detailed, heavily worked on information. Before people part with their money, they knew the other side had skin in the game. That inspires a huge amount of confidence. You want to believe the other person is absolutely dedicated to the cause and that there is a good chance your money will lead to the fruition of something.

Jimbolini

Semi-pro Monopoly player
If you remove most of the blah blah, this thread would be around 45 pages.

Dahkoht_sl

shitlord
So about that PC Gamer article that was to come out Monday (with Michael Bay level production values) that's going to turn it around for Pantheon ?

Flight

Molten Core Raider
No, they should not stop. There is still plenty more to do, and they haven't even touched add-ons yet. Many Kickstarters constantly tweak their tiers almost right up to the end.
Disagree in that they should never have increased the number of slots available at limited tiers.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Depends, if they drop it like that have been I only see it getting nastier. They need a rather large info dump right now.
PC GAMER!? I'm not getting my hopes up for that.. From what I get, they have a bunch of interviews dropping.. So we might be piecing some stuff together until then. Hopefully they will update the KS to make things easier with the new info..

The worst part of it all is I have pieced some of the info together, and the game sounds interesting..

I like the idea of 20 progression levels but with 50 levels of content and an achievement system tied into it. Just looking at that feature, it sounds like the leveling process will be long, but it will keep the gap short between the player base. Finding groups should be easier in that setup.

Also, and we don't have all the details.. but, I like the idea of swapping gear within a class to serve a different purpose. Assuming that's the plan, I can only go off what little info we have.. It would make sense in a game so heavily focused on grouping. I know Pyro mentioned earlier no Blood Mage.. But if you read the cleric description, it hints to that.. Brad also mentioned that wearing different gear would do different things for the class. So a healer wearing Plate would be more of your pure healer but a healer who is wearing cloth will be more like a BM. That's just my rough speculation from that they are saying.. They need to put it in writing and really articulate it to the masses.

The ideas are there.. They just need to roll them out so people understand them. Nobody is talking about this shit. They are only talking about the missteps the team are making with the KS. That is the biggest travesty of it all.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Cool finances, bro.
So because I don't live paycheck to paycheck and actually have money I can "invest" in things I am interested in, one of the things you want made I deserve to be ridiculed?

Are you an Occupy Wall Street kid? Do you think anybody that has the slightest bit of disposable income is an asshole? Why would you sarcastically attack somebody that wishes he could help make a game come to fruition?

arallu

Golden Knight of the Realm
Also, and we don't have all the details.. but, I like the idea of swapping gear within a class to serve a different purpose. Assuming that's the plan, I can only go off what little info we have.. It would make sense in a game so heavily focused on grouping. I know Pyro mentioned earlier no Blood Mage.. But if you read the cleric description, it hints to that.. Brad also mentioned that wearing different gear would do different things for the class. So a healer wearing Plate would be more of your pure healer but a healer who is wearing cloth will be more like a BM. That's just my rough speculation from that they are saying.. They need to put it in writing and really articulate it to the masses.
I like the idea as well. Instead of Ding, level 15, pick your next talent tree tier, it's Ding level 15, now if you want to heal like a bloodmage, go out and hunt down that robe of bloodmageness and the rest of the armor that goes with it.