Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
That they're constantly revamping based on little more than people whining, otherwise they would be sticking to their initial vision or had a better vision of them from the beginning is they had a more coherent, thought-out plan.

I'm still a supporter of the game. But a duck is a duck.
revamping is fine but some people have flat out said a lot of that stuff should not be a stretch goal. That's what I was getting at.

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
It could still be both. They talked about a 90/10 or 95/5 split but I always took that to mean outside your class (and sub class I guess). So you are a void knight but with gear you can dabble 5% into some rogue skills, not just th other dark knight tree.
See, I always took it to mean that there would be variation, but only inside your class... err I mean sub-class now that they exist.

So, you're a cleric, I'm a cleric. I got super-healing-of-the-gods last week at a raid, so I use that to heal, and am better at healing. But you got super-damage-of-the-gods yesterday, and use that to dps, and are better at dps than I am.

I definitely didn't take it as we're clerics, and I'm using my super-healing-of-the-gods and you found backstab-of-the-thief and are now using a bladed flail to dps.

Aeiouy_sl

shitlord
I dunno what to make of this. A cleric who can also tank? How effectively? Otherwise you have a near unstoppable solo class.
Not sure they will be uber tank healers. Just essentially melee healers who mix it up a bit more on the front lines. I seem to recall this sort of healer in multiple games and unless broken, was not a capable tank.

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
I'm curious to know is with how these classes have sub classes, how is that going to work with a stretch goal. If bard stretch goal is met, then they need to come up with two sub classes?
Now, I'm just making shit up as I go here, but you could just add it to the rogue class. It would give people a chance to respec without having to reroll, and it would fit the other shit I just made up on the fly.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'm curious to know is with how these classes have sub classes, how is that going to work with a stretch goal. If bard stretch goal is met, then they need to come up with two sub classes?
I think you're putting your restraints on their class system. They could easily change it to be tank, healer, dps, utility

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
We all know it's communication.. that's been their biggest down fall from the beginning.. We all talked about how they treated the KS like it was a game already funded.. The shit they released early followed the typical path prior projects did. A little lore, a screen shot, brief class intro, etc.. They never went into this realizing how much detail was needed until we pointed it out.
I think they are figuring out you need more than just ideas to get a KS rolling. You need at least some sort of prototype. If this KS gets funded, it'll be off blind fanboyism.

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
Not sure they will be uber tank healers. Just essentially melee healers who mix it up a bit more on the front lines. I seem to recall this sort of healer in multiple games and unless broken, was not a capable tank.
Sounds like the EQ2 cleric.

JarekStorm_sl

shitlord
It could still be both. They talked about a 90/10 or 95/5 split but I always took that to mean outside your class (and sub class I guess). So you are a void knight but with gear you can dabble 5% into some rogue skills, not just th other dark knight tree.
This makes me think of J boots, Guise of the Deceiver, Fungi Tunic, all those Kunark Class Armor clicked, you get the idea.

Also, that combat update is pretty impressive.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I think they are figuring out you need more than just ideas to get a KS rolling. You need at least some sort of prototype. If this KS gets funded, it'll be off blind fanboyism.
I'm sure there are things constantly changing but let's be real here.. There is some backbone behind this project. I feel like some people want to marginalize that. Look at everything EQN polls. They said very early on that systems have not been decided or fleshed out as well. Why is this any different?

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
We all know it's communication.. that's been their biggest down fall from the beginning.. We all talked about how they treated the KS like it was a game already funded.. The shit they released early followed the typical path prior projects did. A little lore, a screen shot, brief class intro, etc.. They never went into this realizing how much detail was needed until we pointed it out.
Yeah, and it sticks in my craw because meanwhile I got a useless English degree that every said was useless and is useless and you can't get jobs because it's useless and wait, what, apparently it's not all that useless to be able to communicate effectively. :p

Their KS reads like shit I was seeing in introductory English classes from C students who'd make shit up the night before. It's at least a C, though, because less than that and they would have made up some excuse for not getting the KS up at all. These are all professionals, respected in their industries, etc, so if THEY don't have the ability to do something surely they're smart enough and have been around long enough to have learned you find someone who does, who will then do all the shit work to make them look good.

See also: the responses in comments that are little more than the other shitty students in those classes saying "I liked it it was good" to anything anyone crapped out because they didn't really do the assignment either.

I wonder how popular a blog would be where I simply edit and re-write all their posts? Oooooh, nice comma placement, popsicledeath, you should make a youtube video about teh gramz!

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
I'm sure there are things constantly changing but let's be real here.. There is some backbone behind this project. I feel like some people want to marginalize that. Look at everything EQN polls. They said very early on that systems have not been decided or fleshed out as well. Why is this any different?
EQN is not a kickstarter project?

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
They haven't yet figured out all you need is someone with an ability to present ideas in a clear, coherent, exciting way. They don't need tangible things. They don't have a grasp on how to present ideas, though, as that's not what they've ever really done in the industry or been good at. So their only move was to rush to get out tangible shit. Kudos to them for knowing it was their only move and trying, though it's still frustrating watching them flounder and never feel like they're actually showing any real work.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
No everything was planned out and they knew this shit all along. They planned for 22 classes from the start, can't you see. How dare you question this are you some sort of troll.

Aeiouy_sl

shitlord
Also... I found that combat info they released today pretty lacking. I wanna hear about:

1. Auto attack: in or out? If it's out, what is in its place?
2. Active Blocking: in or out? If it's in, will you have to have a shield equipped (block tied to right mouse) or ability based?
3. Active dodge: will there be an active dodge for all classes? Or will certain classes have quick movement avoidance abilities?
4. Leashing: yes, no? What system will be in place?
I think brad talked about leashing in the most recent q&a video.

As for the others it don't know but if I were a betting man auto attack would be in and the other two would be way way out

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
lol english degree
GI Bill paid for it and I wasn't planning on going to school otherwise, and wanted to write and teach English. Shit done changed, but it was a calculated mistake.
wink.png

JarekStorm_sl

shitlord
Originally Posted by Aeiouy
Sounds like the EQ2 cleric.
It also reminds me of the VG disciple, but in plate. If that's the case healing will be amazing in that spec. The Disciple was one of the most fun classes I've played in an MMO. Heal which each hit, stack up HoTs, build focus to cast special heals, that class was just really fun and powerful.