Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

tad10

Elisha Dushku
Listening to KTAM Radio's interview of the devs. Couple things so far:

-There won't be a bunch of grindy quests.
-They haven't developed a currency system yet.
-They haven't decided if there will be a weight system yet.
Don't see how they can have a weight system given yesterday's or the day before's "you'll be able to easily switch out gear after a combat" ala VG's multiple paper doll system.

That's an "or" you can have multiple paper dolls or you can have a weight system. You can't have both.

Edit: girls on this forum need to be able to use the ignore button. Zoeii seemed okay in my book but she didn't figure out the ignore feature in time, IMHO.

Even if the KS doesn't fund and an angel investor gives them the cash to continue, they want to offer people the chance to donate money for testing tiers, alpha access, etc.

I think the kickstarter not funding would be best thing, they need to step back, get a good base going and come back.... Angel Investor? pretty sure we can guess who that is

Zefah

<Gold Donor>
More fromm KTAM:

-Rogues will have debuff abilities
-Classes will be strongly defined, but with equipment and rare drops you can bleed out "a little"
-Sal said, "We want you seek out an enchanter because they are good at crowd control, but we also don't want you to be screwed if you can't get a crowd control class."
-Dual Wield, Double Attack, Triple Attack, will all very likely work like EQ1.
-There will be an auto-attack button similar to EQ1.
I like what I'm hearing here.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
There is a difference between criticism of the KS or of design decisions and the pure leftover vitriol crowd who aren't happy if Brad has internet access. One is helpful and productive and the other is just venting and emotional self-stroking. With the thread moving 10+ extended pages a day, you can still see the same old trolls happily trolling along on almost every page.
Honestly, how is that different from all the people merrily going along every day saying "Give him another chance!" just as often as the people saying the opposite. It's just the other side of the coin.

Whidon

Blackwing Lair Raider
I recall when I joined the wow guild back at like BC launch, I apped at the same time as this shadow priest chick. Couple weeks later we finish app. Doing some heroic with Stomp and the clique of mostly east coast dudes he seemed to be part of. I am going on about how Ravv is a bitch and shit about chicks in games. Stomp goes "yeah.. we have a sort of bad history with girls". Leads to a few hours of mostly e-whore storys, mostly from EQ. Check e-mail on cig break, new chick has sent me and apparently others a spread of nekkid pics. Asked why she said it was because " I was one of the ones she liked" or talked alot on vent or something, and lived sorta near her. Stomp or someone goes "yeah this is the kind of girls we get"

Fucking girls on the internets, She was a fucking MIT doctoral student too. Wonder if anyone has those pics still, she was hot.

But yeah Zoeii made me think of that.

More from KTAM Interview:

-Several devs are playing on Project1999 now.
-The dev team is excited people want to help in pre-alpha testing and get their voices heard.
-They are going to stream Vu working on dungeon design on Twitch TV.
-MMO Buff will have a show out tomorrow.

tad10

Elisha Dushku
Even if the KS doesn't fund and an angel investor gives them the cash to continue, they want to offer people the chance to donate money for testing tiers, alpha access, etc.

I think the kickstarter not funding would be best thing, they need to step back, get a good base going and come back.... Angel Investor? pretty sure we can guess who that is
I can't see anyone supporting this as-is right now beyond the desperate (soon to be ex-Vanguard), hopelessly bored with all current MMOs (such as myself) and true believers (??) and that isn't enough to fund it. Why would an Angel Investor with the money to make their own old-school MMO support this product?

Edit: Since I'm totally not being clear: I can't imagine anyone else investing until there is way more "stuff" it's still just an idea and some basic design documents. And I know it's been said before but whatever.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
There is a difference between criticism of the KS or of design decisions and the pure leftover vitriol crowd who aren't happy if Brad has internet access. One is helpful and productive and the other is just venting and emotional self-stroking. With the thread moving 10+ extended pages a day, you can still see the same old trolls happily trolling along on almost every page.
Almost all of the so called hate and vitriol has been over the KS and lack of design decisions. There have been a few bitching about Vanguard but even that is relevant to this discussion. Really some of you just see a different opinion than your own, see red and go off the deep end like they are buttfucking your mother and making you watch. I even admitted I have been a little over the top on hyperbole and sarcasm but some people are really just blinding hyping Brad and really do believe he is the last bastion of getting an MMO game.. That's not even an exaggeration just look at some of Dumar's posts on the topic.

I can go back and quote tons of shit I have added in this forum that isn't negative towards the game and even a quite a few links and ideas to help this project out. I would love to see this style of MMO made, I would fucking love it, but I would rather it not get made than get made poorly, because then it's just a disappointment for everyone. Many of you want to stop anyone from being critical in the hopes that if you sing praises enough and sweep all the bad shit under the rug for at least another 26 days then maybe this will get funded. Maybe people should hear both sides of the story and decide for themselves though.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
More from KTAM Interview:

-Several devs are playing on Project1999 now.
-The dev team is excited people want to help in pre-alpha testing and get their voices heard.
-They are going to stream Vu working on dungeon design on Twitch TV.
-MMO Buff will have a show out tomorrow.
Thanks for posting this kind of stuff, is it possible we could get a complied list of all these updates and specifics in some sort of Sticky at the front of this game, since I doubt they will add it to their Kickstarter.

misery_sl

shitlord
He very much would be. No offense to the artist if you read this forum, but EQN's Firiona is hands-down the worst piece of art I've ever seen. It would be perfect for the box of a children's toy, but not high fantasy fiction.
I finally realized what it reminds me of. That Firiona seems to have Chinese knockoff syndrome.
rrr_img_58104.jpg

More from KTAM Radio Interview:

-VRI may consider running some polls in the future to get feedback on certain ideas, but they do realize the limitation of polls. Regardless, they want our feedback when they announce new stuff.
-Vhalen will push the envelope on lore/zone design but he will not abandon the traditional fantasy ethos for Pantheon. So some weird stuff, but nothing in large doses.
-The KTAM guys are serious Vhalen fanboys, sheesh!
-Ben is compiling a lot of ideas from emails he's been getting and sharing them with the rest of the dev team.
-They are going for a more "epic" soundtrack for Pantheon, sort of like what Verant did for EverQuest.
-They would like some community feedback on whether Pantheon should allow websurfing for research/music streaming in-game, and if Pantheon should allow users to upload their own music files for various zone/whatever.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
More from KTAM Radio Interview:

-VRI may consider running some polls in the future to get feedback on certain ideas, but they do realize the limitation of polls. Regardless, they want our feedback when they announce new stuff.
-Vhalen will push the envelope on lore/zone design but he will not abandon the traditional fantasy ethos for Pantheon. So some weird stuff, but nothing in large doses.
-The KTAM guys are serious Vhalen fanboys, sheesh!
-Ben is compiling a lot of ideas from emails he's been getting and sharing them with the rest of the dev team.
-They are going for a more "epic" soundtrack for Pantheon, sort of like what Verant did for EverQuest.
-They would like some community feedback on whether Pantheon should allow websurfing for research/music streaming in-game, and if Pantheon should allow users to upload their own music files for various zone/whatever.
Crowd sourcing out music could be a pretty inexpensive and brilliant idea, if they have a large enough fanbase with the talent to pull it off.

Continuing from Pantheon:

-There will be support for "roleplaying" in Pantheon, but what supports there will be are still being discussed.
-Vhalen wants to start building a roleplaying community for Pantheon prior to launch and perhaps prior to beta.
-One of the main villains is a fallen god from a human pantheon.
-There is another city calledMonoliththat hasn't been revealed yet. This is in addition toArmada and Archway.
-Vhalen spoke of "multiple" cities and implied there would be more than the three that have been named now, but they definitely want to make cities more important to adventuring somehow.
-Certain quests/lore items may require you to learn a different language to discover.
-Characters will have a journal that will update what you do, but not just be a quest log, and it sounded like you could maybe edit it.

Mr Creed

Too old for this shit
-Classes will be strongly defined, but with equipment and rare drops you can bleed out "a little"
-Sal said, "We want you seek out an enchanter because they are good at crowd control, but we also don't want you to be screwed if you can't get a crowd control class."
Good: mention of crowd control classes instead of enchanter, so hopefully more choices for CC in order to not bottleneck groups

Bad: mentioning they will design content so the crowd control class isnt needed. This reminds me several times through EQ where my contribution was buff bitch and trying to outaggro the tank with stun-nukes in order to at least have some entertainment at the raid. Depending on the time frame you look at this issue also happened for grouping and not just raids.

They should have enough dedicated CC classes (2) and enough ghetto CC (bard as the premium, root/fear/etc at the bottom) and design content with that in mind. instead of designing it so that CC is treated as optional and eventually "just slowing us down" and ignored.

Why would an Angel Investor with the money to make their own old-school MMO support this product?

Edit: Since I'm totally not being clear: I can't imagine anyone else investing until there is way more "stuff" it's still just an idea and some basic design documents. And I know it's been said before but whatever.
Well if I had $5+ mill to spare and wanted "my" MMO made I'm sure that kinda money could open some doors with VR as long as the suggestions are somewhat within the project parameters.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Bad: mentioning they will design content so the crowd control class isnt needed. This reminds me several times through EQ where my contribution was buff bitch and trying to outaggro the tank with stun-nukes in order to at least have some entertainment at the raid. Depending on the time frame you look at this issue also happened for grouping and not just raids
Requiring CC for every group encounter in the game is lazy, uninspired design. In theory you would want the roles and skillsets to be so unique that if you can't find CC you can find a class that offers another mechanic that makes grouping possible.

You can make challenging content without requiring a specific class archetype as long as your classes are well designed and allow for player creativity. There should always be more than one way to do something.

Dahkoht_sl

shitlord
The 45 alpha tier is gone now. I posted on KS that they shouldn't extend the 45 tier. Let it run out , there's a cheap 55 option for the game and beta or a 35 for just the game. Alpha needs to have some sort of separation , and there are plenty of higher tiers for alpha for folks who want it here on out.

Even more from KTAM:

-There will be class and race specific quests.
-There will be a language for the "Celestials" that will require research and a lot of work to learn/translate. This language will be involved in some lore and quests.
-There is some kind of system where if you collect enough artifacts that belonged to a certain hero of yore, you could change into that hero for limited amount of time.
-Vhalen stresses over and over the game is not linear.
-Once they get started creating content, it will come fast. They have some kind of pipeline set up with Unity that will help speed up development.
-They really haven't worked out how expansions/DLC will work, but as of now it will sorta be like WoW.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Requiring CC for every group encounter in the game is lazy, uninspired design. In theory you would want the roles and skillsets to be so unique that if you can't find CC you can find a class that offers another mechanic that makes grouping possible.

You can make challenging content without requiring a specific class archetype as long as your classes are well designed and allow for player creativity. There should always be more than one way to do something.
I agree.. Ideally group content should vary in challenge and fluctuate which classes shine at any particular encounter. Well played classes should ideally overcome any challenge, but it should vary on difficulty because of group makeup. I want the design to make a group think and get creative not sit and wait for
A certain class.