Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

arallu

Golden Knight of the Realm
I agree. It's a serious issue but If they are going to say this is a challenging game.. They need to figure it out.. I don't want the perfect group throughout a dungeon. Maybe the perfect group for an encounter or 2? but not the whole time. Difficulty should constantly be changing for a group because the dungeon should be playing to strengths and weakness of all classes. If that makes sense? I'm rambling on..
Dual Wield a_skeleton_03bane's bro, OP!

K13R

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Actually, you guys kept and continue to bring it up.

I've been gone for several days but a friend of mine keeps telling me that you guys just can't seem to stop talking about me...AND the fact that I am female.

Get over it guys. Quit bringing it up if it hurts your butt.

I moved on, and not once brought you guys up and the fact that you are cavemen.
Lol @ shit

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler

I've been gone for several days but a friend of mine keeps telling me that you guys just can't seem to stop talking about me...AND the fact that I am female.

Thanks for showing us you don't care. Now go back to your snuggly, cuddly love group.

From KTAM:

-Celestius is not the only continent on Terminus. But the other won't be in the game at launch.
-Vhalen wants to do boats, but apparently it is hard work to get boats to work right. Vhalen really wants them tho. The other devs had left by this point.
-The dev team has discussed dying and customizing armor, but no decision has been made yet.
-They really want to support guilds and are looking for ideas from the community.
-The dev team has discussed "phasing" and Vhalen asked the hosts about the idea (for those of you know what that is). They are looking for feedback on it.
-At the moment flying mounts are not ruled in, but that could change, Vhalen acted like it's been a hard issue for the dev team to grapple with.
-Vhalen said his philosophy about flying is the only reason you should have flying in an MMO is when the zone requires you to fly (like Kingdom of Sky in EQ2).

AND that's the end of the show! Whew, that was long. KTAM ill try to get the recording on their site tonight. Anyway, hope you guys enjoyed the updates
smile.png

Mr Creed

Too old for this shit
I agree. It's a serious issue but If they are going to say this is a challenging game.. They need to figure it out.. I don't want the perfect group throughout a dungeon. Maybe the perfect group for an encounter or 2? but not the whole time. Difficulty should constantly be changing for a group because the dungeon should be playing to strengths and weakness of all classes. If that makes sense? I'm rambling on..
I get what you're saying and agree ... like I just wrote the concern is more about the enc class being pointless to bring due their binary tools being in OFF mode. Looking at EQ1 once you shut down mez/charm/root and considering that enc nukes agroed like hell you felt pretty useless at times. Basically cast 2 spells per engaged mob and otherwise /yawn. Secondary skillset for enc/CC classes needed for such encounters/dungeons.

Some stuff being immune to this or that (and finding out the hard way) would also be nice, as long as its not everything or entirely random like in some Luclin zones. If you learn what to CC and what not it allows a group to get better at a dungeon, while having identical mobs that are randomly immune is a crap show.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
From KTAM:

-There won't be a bunch of grindy quests.
-They haven't developed a currency system yet.
-They haven't decided if there will be a weight system yet.
-They are considering creating a system where lowbies can group with high level characters and contribute by scaling mob damage/abilities up or down depending on who is targeted, but it's still up in the air at this point and they want community feedback on the issue. However, they don't want to make the game easy.
-Salim said the team's philosophy toward death is "It's hard to respect or fear an environment if you, the player, does not fear death." Then he referenced running through Kithicore are night as an excellent example of how a zone can evoke emotions in a player.
-There will be no "corpse rot" for player-characters.
-Rogues will have debuff abilities
-Classes will be strongly defined, but with equipment and rare drops you can bleed out "a little"
-Sal said, "We want you seek out an enchanter because they are good at crowd control, but we also don't want you to be screwed if you can't get a crowd control class."
-Dual Wield, Double Attack, Triple Attack, will all very likely work like EQ1.
-There will be an auto-attack button similar to EQ1.
-You can choose, for some spells, to target one individual or to target several for an AOE effect.
-You can create "pillars of power" that can take incoming detrimental spells and convert them into outgoing beneficial spells.
-They're really excited about using the Unity engine.
-The ability to make Pantheon run on lower end systems is important to them but they won't sacrifice everything to enable that.
-Even if the KS doesn't fund and an angel investor gives them the cash to continue, they want to offer people the chance to donate money for testing tiers, alpha access, etc.
-They really do want to keep the power in the people's hands, they want backer feedback and want to use our ideas.
-Several devs are playing on Project1999 now.
-The dev team is excited people want to help in pre-alpha testing and get their voices heard.
-They are going to stream Vu working on dungeon design on Twitch TV.
-MMO Buff will have a show out tomorrow.
-VRI may consider running some polls in the future to get feedback on certain ideas, but they do realize the limitation of polls. Regardless, they want our feedback when they announce new stuff.
-Vhalen will push the envelope on lore/zone design but he will not abandon the traditional fantasy ethos for Pantheon. So some weird stuff, but nothing in large doses.
-The KTAM guys are serious Vhalen fanboys, sheesh!
-Ben is compiling a lot of ideas from emails he's been getting and sharing them with the rest of the dev team.
-They are going for a more "epic" soundtrack for Pantheon, sort of like what Verant did for EverQuest.
-They would like some community feedback on whether Pantheon should allow websurfing for research/music streaming in-game, and if Pantheon should allow users to upload their own music files for various zone/whatever.
-There will be support for "roleplaying" in Pantheon, but what supports there will be are still being discussed.
-Vhalen wants to start building a roleplaying community for Pantheon prior to launch and perhaps prior to beta.
-One of the main villains is a fallen god from a human pantheon.
-There is another city called Monolith that hasn't been revealed yet. This is in addition to Armada and Archway.
-Vhalen spoke of "multiple" cities and implied there would be more than the three that have been named now, but they definitely want to make cities more important to adventuring somehow.
-Certain quests/lore items may require you to learn a different language to discover.
-Characters will have a journal that will update what you do, but not just be a quest log, and it sounded like you could maybe edit it.
-There will be class and race specific quests.
-There will be a language for the "Celestials" that will require research and a lot of work to learn/translate. This language will be involved in some lore and quests.
-There is some kind of system where if you collect enough artifacts that belonged to a certain hero of yore, you could change into that hero for limited amount of time.
-Vhalen stresses over and over the game is not linear.
-Once they get started creating content, it will come fast. They have some kind of pipeline set up with Unity that will help speed up development.
-They really haven't worked out how expansions/DLC will work, but as of now it will sorta be like WoW.
-We will know how many races there will be by next Friday, and maybe even what they are.
-Even though there won't be grindy collection quests, there will still be plenty of quests to keep you busy if you like doing that sort of thing.
-For those who didn't know, Vhalen's previous work was on the Defiance MMORPG.
-There are some areas of the world where certain races will be discriminated against and perhaps KOS if the dev team decides to include that mechanic.
-Vhalen asked the hosts about in-game maps, they had several ideas such as heavy books that take up inventory slots to a characters having cartography skill.
-No matter what, there will not be dots on a radar or other automatic visual cues to help you do a quest.
-There may be some things not included in the open Beta to keep it fun and secret for the playerbase. But there won't be much of that since they do actually need to test it all.
-Vhalen wants to include some Easter Eggs for us, but not over-doing it like in WoW.
-Most adventuring sounds like it will take place in a dungeon, even if it's a dungeon within an outdoor zone (I guess like Crushbone)
-Some zones will have the power of a pantheon over it controlling weather and other items in the zone. Other zones will not.
-There will be GM events for Christmas and Halloween. Or at least, they are planning to do them.
-We will have an in-game journal, and they may let us start working on them even prior to the game launch- putting in our own personalizations and such.
-We should be able to name our own mounts and pets.
-Celestius is not the only continent on Terminus. But the other won't be in the game at launch.
-Vhalen wants to do boats, but apparently it is hard work to get boats to work right. Vhalen really wants them tho. The other devs had left by this point.
-The dev team has discussed dying and customizing armor, but no decision has been made yet.
-They really want to support guilds and are looking for ideas from the community.
-The dev team has discussed "phasing" and Vhalen asked the hosts about the idea (for those of you know what that is). They are looking for feedback on it.
-At the moment flying mounts are not ruled in, but that could change, Vhalen acted like it's been a hard issue for the dev team to grapple with.
-Vhalen said his philosophy about flying is the only reason you should have flying in an MMO is when the zone requires you to fly (like Kingdom of Sky in EQ2).

AND that's the end of the show! Whew, that was long. KTAM ill try to get the recording on their site tonight. Anyway, hope you guys enjoyed the updates
smile.png
Awesome list Troy, thank you for listening to all of that, and posting it. I threw it all together so people who might have missed it seems like a fair bit of information. I still think it could be useful stickied somewhere. They need to stop only doing it in long ass radio interviews and Q&A Video's though, and post this shit up on the Kickstarter.

Kaljin

N00b

Rod-138

Trakanon Raider
I want a Cyclops island like area, but an 80s party themed island called Van Halen that played 'Panama' in the background while I farmed cash and Xp; away from the dregs of online society.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
My wife posts in this thread and shes never once felt the need to inform the community she has a vagina. The very fact Zoeii kept on and on and on telling anyone and everyone she had a vagina time after time lets me know right off the bat, "she" is sporting frank and beans.
If your wife ever does feeling like talking about the vag, just have her shoot me a PM.

@ Zoeii...gtfo

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Awesome list Troy, thank you for listening to all of that, and posting it. I threw it all together so people who might have missed it seems like a fair bit of information. I still think it could be useful stickied somewhere. They need to stop only doing it in long ass radio interviews and Q&A Video's though, and post this shit up on the Kickstarter.
agreed.. thanks for putting it all together as well. at work so I haven't had a chance to read all his posts.

Heallun

Lord Nagafen Raider
I think its good that they are at least getting on P99 to check it out. Its been a long time, you know.
P99 is important, but not because oxy is terrible on one's memory. It shows how today's players with all the tools and knowledge available to them interact in an open environment. For the most part it's very positive, except in the upper echelons of raiding. Even most raiders are very polite to each other, but if the tools are available for a small subset of raiders to take everything, they absolutely will with no remorse. I think it may have been part of influencing his "some instances" stance.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
really wish i'd have the chance on P99 to, say, try to tackle Severilous with a 6 man group.

Thanks for compiling that! I'm going to steal it and post it elsewhere
smile.png

Merlin_sl

shitlord

Don't hate on your penis dude. Its cool.