Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
How do you win in a MMO again?

Also it wont be the most powerful or best thing in the game. everyone will have it im sure by mid levels or before.
You don't know that. I don't know that it will be as bad as I envision. The lack of information is part of the problem. If Brad simply said it was an early level HE, then I wouldn't think it would quite so bad. However, from the little information given, HEs seem like big deals.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
You don't know that. I don't know that it will be as bad as I envision. The lack of information is part of the problem. If Brad simply said it was an early level HE, then I wouldn't think it would quite so bad. However, from the little information given, HEs seem like big deals.
Why do you even give a shit?

Mr Creed

Too old for this shit
The illusion clicky sounds like it will be similar to the minor illusion spell in EverQuest, a level 1 enchanter spell.
Yea, was only the best illusion spell, lets farm it out to anyone. Hope I can buy some port spells for my necro in the KS add-ons because those dont have combat relevance either. They'd be self only maybe so you dont step on the wizard money.

Minor gripes aside, I think it is not a good idea to have a ton of convenience additions like bag space, bank space or character slots without clearly stating wether those will never be available through other means. I dont mind an ingame shop for stuff like that, but I would mind if they create a situation of Haves vs Have-nots 3 years before the game launches. I dunno, my first gut feeling after reading that list of add-ons was negative but I cant put my finger on a specific reason yet.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Brad won't get any money. Just not enough interest in an eq type game. I wish it would though.

And people posting "oh watch brad snort up your money" wtf? You act like we are 14 and $45-100 bucks means jack shit. Fuck if I knew I could give brad $100 and he promised to do it in one big rail I would do it.

Hell maybe I'd throw in a bottle of scotch too!

Some whiney broke people here.
Testify brother

arallu

Golden Knight of the Realm
Yea, was only the best illusion spell, lets farm it out to anyone. Hope I can buy some port spells for my necro in the KS add-ons because those dont have combat relevance either. They'd be self only maybe so you dont step on the wizard money.

Minor gripes aside, I think it is not a good idea to have a ton of convenience additions like bag space, bank space or character slots without clearly stating wether those will never be available through other means. I dont mind an ingame shop for stuff like that, but I would mind if they create a situation of Haves vs Have-nots 3 years before the game launches. I dunno, my first gut feeling after reading that list of add-ons was negative but I cant put my finger on a specific reason yet.
I thought I saw on the AMA or KS comments by Salim that the KS clicky will only be a minor illusion, and not interfere with the Enchanter's illusion which will have factional changes as well. Always thought if I changed into a DE the guards in Kelethin should have attacked me.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
I thought I saw on the AMA or KS comments by Salim that the KS clicky will only be a minor illusion, and not interfere with the Enchanter's illusion which will have factional changes as well. Always thought if I changed into a DE the guards in Kelethin should have attacked me.
Umm this game isn't EQ so you can't define the ability of an item based on EQ ruleset.

Zaven_sl

shitlord
Yes, but the spawn locations would likely vary. And I should say there will be some long spawns. Some people do enjoy camping. I just want those with less time to feel like they are advancing every day too.
This is the worst thing i have heard about the game so far. That's how VG was and i hated it. I asked you about this two weeks ago and you said it would be like EQ. The more i hear of dumbing things down the less excited i get
frown.png

Mr Creed

Too old for this shit
Just....lol.

Here is some other games that "moved forward",
  • Shadowbane
  • Age of Conan
  • Star Wars Galaxies
  • Warhammer
  • City of Heroes
  • Tabula Rasa
  • Aion
  • Rift
  • Guild Wars 2
  • LotR Online

Shall I continue? But yes, please. Let us continue making games that attempt to cater to everyone, giving them everything, making them work for nothing all in a vain attempt to unseat WOW. Let us change things up some more because hey, its gonna work this time right?
I havent played much from that list, but I think some - probably most - entries brought advancement to the genre? SWG is probably missed more then old EQ I think, it was a very unique animal (wasnt for me though). GW2 has several good features that I really enjoy. WAR brought public quests into the public eye -the idea has been around since Luclin at least, and it's a good one.

The P2W arguments are stupid. This is a niche game built on catering to both casual and hardcore types. At the end of the day adding bonus items based on contributions may offend your sense of MMO 'honor', but the guy has to pay the bills and it won't really effect the overall game anymore than gold resellers or Asian dirt merchants affected EQ. It's one of the smarter moves he's made.
I agree, now if they really wanted to do it right, they'd put these items up on the Add-ons in addition to the "Sprinter's Boots"

Polished Brass Shield
Dirk of the Dark Elf
Magic Stein
Black Robe of Flowing Silk
Enchanted Kukri
Black Sash of Speed
Ruby Encrusted Breastplate
A Glowing Blue Stone
Guise of the Dark Elf
Cloak of Fire
Vest of Fungus

I'm sure most would catch the references.
wink.png

Can't wait till brad takes all your money spends it on drugs and goes belly up files for bankruptcy and the same fanboys for schillings start crying tears of shame and distrust again. Brad interviewing with the p99 dev doesn't strike every fucking alarm in your pea brain just get ripped of like the fucking tool you are.
You have said this same damn thing like four times now in this thread. Are you trying to convince us or yourself by repeating it over and over?

Seriously, click it's name, and look at previous posts. They even start out with "I can't wait" on each post. You are the definition of forum troll.

Big Flex

Fitness Fascist
Brad won't get any money. Just not enough interest in an eq type game. I wish it would though.

And people posting "oh watch brad snort up your money" wtf? You act like we are 14 and $45-100 bucks means jack shit. Fuck if I knew I could give brad $100 and he promised to do it in one big rail I would do it.

Hell maybe I'd throw in a bottle of scotch too!

Some whiney broke people here.
this. lol this

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
You have said this same damn thing like four times now in this thread. Are you trying to convince us or yourself by repeating it over and over?

Seriously, click it's name, and look at previous posts. They even start out with "I can't wait" on each post. You are the definition of forum troll.
A lot of us just ignore it. Sounds like some dude still in high school...

Despite what people may think.. This game won't make or break because of rerolled. There are very few supporters posting In this thread at this point and all the valuable feedback has been dropped. There are other means to reach the team if you want to make a suggestion.

Mr Creed

Too old for this shit
Agreed 100%. His posts are stunningly myopic. It's like he can't understand that some people actually don't want to return to old school EQ.
While I dont want a return to '99, this thread is kinda the home turf for that faction. It's hard to see the folks that flat-out refuse the 'EQ is king' mentality and ridicule it as anything but trolls. It's like Dumar's posts in the WoW thread, or Itzena's posts anywhere but the WoW thread.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Can't wait till brad takes all your money spends it on drugs and goes belly up files for bankruptcy and the same fanboys for schillings start crying tears of shame and distrust again. Brad interviewing with the p99 dev doesn't strike every fucking alarm in your pea brain just get ripped of like the fucking tool you are.
I let the first few posts go, but you're a broken record at this point. There's plenty to hate on in this thread without constantly harping on this shit.

s4jrafE.jpg

Dahkoht_sl

shitlord
Again , you're a moron if you have to attack on the "he's just going to do drugs and steal your money" line.

There are 1000's of things you can be critical on , attack him on handling of the KS , don't like the idea of the game , whatever, but you are beyond stupid if you can't see he genuinely wants to make the game despite the screw ups KS wise.

I've pledged , doubt it will make the KS , but raised my pledge anyway , know there's a chance it could fail if it does make the KS goal and I see nothing ,but it's worth the chance for me.

I've been very critical of the KS handling , very , but worrying about the "Brad's running a scam to get drug money" shit is ridiculous. Just shows you've got some weird hatred for the guy.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Its a tired joke. Its not even a joke now its so played out. It might of been funny on like page 2 of this thread.

rrr_img_58501.jpg

Mr Creed

Too old for this shit
I like the dwarf update, it's not as "out there" as most of the crappy planar stuff.

Only if I play the Halasnosians(NEW RACE GUYS!). Then we can talk about polar bears. The Halasnosians are a people of the north with some ancestral roots with the humans. They fell from Barbarianania and set up their capital city of Eternia. Champions of justice and lifelong enemies of all that is bad, you can play these guys for just the low price of adding another $20 to our KS. Thanks guys!
You should suggest names for new content for Pantheon, your pattern is right up their alley
biggrin.png