Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
You should suggest names for new content for Pantheon, your pattern is right up their alley
biggrin.png
I tried. Brad shot me down
frown.png

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Again , you're a moron if you have to attack on the "he's just going to do drugs and steal your money" line.

There are 1000's of things you can be critical on , attack him on handling of the KS , don't like the idea of the game , whatever, but you are beyond stupid if you can't see he genuinely wants to make the game despite the screw ups KS wise.

I've pledged , doubt it will make the KS , but raised my pledge anyway , know there's a chance it could fail if it does make the KS goal and I see nothing ,but it's worth the chance for me.

I've been very critical of the KS handling , very , but worrying about the "Brad's running a scam to get drug money" shit is ridiculous. Just shows you've got some weird hatred for the guy.
Yeah, anyone who thinks that he will use the money he might get from this on anything but the game is just trolling. If this gets funded he will use to for staff, office space, and whatever else is needed. (What you can aruge, is that the money won't be used efficiently and they might not accomplish much without solid management and oversight.)

I can tell you first hand company costs on large projects can add up quicker than you might think, and you need someone to keep the books and everyone in check, a few extra dollars here and there adds up fast. Even $800k can get pissed through in a matter of months without blinking.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Yeah, anyone who thinks that he will use the money he might get from this on anything but the game is just trolling.
You obviously know nothing about 90's game developing or someone we know and love named Curt Schilling.

He isn't going to just write himself a check out to cash and go buy some heroin.

He could easily get complacent though and think that this game has validated him and as a result he can do what he wants and then spirals into blow and hookers and makes poor decisions for the game and then it crashes and burns. Does that mean he is using the game funding on blow? No. Is our money going to still be wasted due to blow? Yup.

Quaid

Trump's Staff
Big concern for me is the fact that they seem happy to give almost every backer alpha access... That means they are gonna need server capacity for 5000-8000 people with very high concurrency (if KS funds, of course) as early as 2015.

That could get messy.

Dahkoht_sl

shitlord
Big concern for me is the fact that they seem happy to give almost every backer alpha access... That means they are gonna need server capacity for 5000-8000 people with very high concurrency (if KS funds, of course) as early as 2015.

That could get messy.
A concern of mine also. The screaming from those in alpha if its truly alpha state will be deafening also.

I am glad to see though the dates of it looking like he means to keep an extended alpha stage then an actual long beta stage (if held to that).

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
There is no way in hell this thing funds. Just being a realist here. The news is out and yet this still trickles like a limp dick with a prostate problem. I wish it would but im not thinking so.

Dahkoht_sl

shitlord
There is no way in hell this thing funds. Just being a realist here. The news is out and yet this still trickles like a limp dick with a prostate problem. I wish it would but im not thinking so.
The boogie interview is the last hail mary atm that I know of. I know the Red99 interview also , but audience wise they aren't comparable as far as getting the word out to those who might throw in a few bucks.

And that's me agreeing with you unfortunately , I want this thing , but math is math , unless there are some massive backers with money bags, sitting on the side for some reason who come in it's unlikely to happen.

That could get messy.
With the way Mmorpgs are being created these days, I think the concept of Alpha and Beta servers will have to change. Really beta servers are early access production servers and alpha is really beta. The real alpha phase will likely be what they are calling the early testing (aka pre-alpha).

The reality is that people are not willing to wait three to four years to find out if a game sucks, and at the same time poorly developed MMORPGs has gotten consumers used to playing on buggy production builds. Those two things together makes it possible for publishers to have the consumers in playing the game and paying for micro transactions DURING beta.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
With the way Mmorpgs are being created these days, I think the concept of Alpha and Beta servers will have to change. Really beta servers are early access production servers and alpha is really beta. The real alpha phase will likely be what they are calling the early testing (aka pre-alpha).

The reality is that people are not willing to wait three to four years to find out if a game sucks, and at the same time poorly developed MMORPGs has gotten consumers used to playing on buggy production builds. Those two things together makes it possible for publishers to have the consumers in playing the game and paying for micro transactions DURING beta.
It's not different than what SoE is doing right now with EQL.. We just don't have the numbers in front of us.. My guess is EQL has just as much if not more people? I can't see the alpha forums tho, so who knows. Not that it's the best way to tell.

I have alpha access, but I don't like to alpha test.. I just like leaving most of the game for when it's live. I think there are a decent amount of people like that. They like to play the classes and starting areas then make a choice and wait till live. I did that with WAR and Rift anyway.

If I see some serious issues, I'll hang longer to get my 2 cents in tho..

Graye_sl

shitlord

That could get messy.
Yeah... Though I also wonder how many of those will return throughout Alpha.

Being through several Alpha developments, I'm sure half or more (still leaves an overly huge number) will disappear from Alpha after the first refresh.

During Warhammer, I can recall several hundred throwing a fit.... Because it was their first Alpha and they thought it would be like pre-launch beta.

Still a concern though.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
You obviously know nothing about 90's game developing or someone we know and love named Curt Schilling.

He isn't going to just write himself a check out to cash and go buy some heroin.

He could easily get complacent though and think that this game has validated him and as a result he can do what he wants and then spirals into blow and hookers and makes poor decisions for the game and then it crashes and burns. Does that mean he is using the game funding on blow? No. Is our money going to still be wasted due to blow? Yup.
No I am well aware of everything with Curt Schilling, I have been at these boards since Luclin was current. You are right anything can happen but I meant is I think his intention is to try and make the game, if that turns into a mismanaged fiasco that would make a VH1 behind the music story look tame then it happens. I personally think they will blow through it before they even get a workable alpha and then it would be interesting to see the 2nd crowd sourcing effort.

That could get messy.
Even if they gave alpha access to everyone who is a backer that's only 2,068 people. Out of those people most don't really wanna dick around fixing broken shit and testing the game. You will have some who log in once only to say it plays like shit and not log on again until beta or when it gets closer to release.

Quaid

Trump's Staff
If the KS funds, it won't do so with less than 6000 backers, and almost every reward tier grants alpha access...

Soooooo....

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
If the KS funds, it won't do so with less than 6000 backers, and almost every reward tier grants alpha access...

Soooooo....
I am starting to think you don't know what an Alpha is like. Most people aren't going to want to play it even if 6,000 people have access to it.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I'd test Alpha builds if I was getting paid to do it, but I damn sure wouldn't pay to subject myself to that shit.