Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

Tearofsoul

Ancient MMO noob
Wait, they are charging $15 month for a FUCKING INTERNAL FORUM? What is this? Pantheon: Rise of Prepay Forum?

Mr Creed

Too old for this shit
So how many are in the, no way this ever sees the day of light column!? I'd like history to be clear!
If you want a binary answer then yea, Pantheon is vaporware at this point and wont see completion.

It's a shame too, because I still want an immersive MMO that shuns the standards set during the last decade. I was giving Brad the benefit of doubt, but the last weeks made it pretty obvious has hasnt changed all that much, no matter whether he thinks that or not. I'd even be doubtful of this getting done WITH the KS ... with just $2500 per month divided by 5 folks they wont get far (5 being generous, we've seen activity from like 3 during this campaign).

Wait, they are charging $15 month for a FUCKING INTERNAL FORUM? What is this? Pantheon: Rise of Prepay Forum?
Because they can? If I could get away with charging you a dollar each time you read my posts I would! If it is good enough for Chris Roberts it is good enough for Brad McQuaid (and Roberts isnt getting any shit for fleecing people for a sub for 3 years while making his game).

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Put me firmly in the "this never sees the light of day" column. I'll blow an aids infested transvestite that has open herpes sores on their enfungused penis before I pay money for the forum.

Kaines

Potato Supreme
What are calling "light of day"? Alpha, closed Beta, open Beta, full release?

Because it would not surprise me at all if Brad got a very crude server/client setup going. Gave some of those patsies that have sub'd to his forms the client and server access. Call it an alpha test. Have them all start jerking each other off over how great it WILL be once it's "finished and done right." Then ride that train for as long as he can before closing down the website and running off with the money.

Caeden

I mean full release. No leaked or half ass alpha. I mean the developers legit say "this game has gone gold." Of course, like you said, they could superman 64 it.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate

Because it would not surprise me at all if Brad got a very crude server/client setup going. Gave some of those patsies that have sub'd to his forms the client and server access. Call it an alpha test. Have them all start jerking each other off over how great it WILL be once it's "finished and done right." Then ride that train for as long as he can before closing down the website and running off with the money.
That's a pretty good scheme, because you can get something like that up and running really cheap that can only keep 10-20 people online at the same time.

Lost Ranger_sl

shitlord

Pretty much this.

It won't see a full release.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Thats the problem now with his web site and charging people and accepting donations, hes now on a hook to deliver. Well, he was with the Kickstarter as well, but the KS failed and even with his website, he will still fail to get his magic 800K to set up even an office.

So now he has to get something done, no matter how little money they get. Because if this shit folds up, and it will, he better hide under a rock for the remainder of his life. Or move to some other country or some shit. Because there is no coming back from this.

Even if he scores the $400K like his kickstarter did, thats a long way from the 10 mill he will need to fund the game.

Caeden

Speaking of him disappearing, what did he do for...like...a paycheck following VG? Wasn't it a few years before he came back to SoE? Did he just pay himself that much at Sigil? I'd be curious what say, Kaplan, got when he was helping on WoW vanilla versus what he was getting during his head honcho days on tbc

Edit: salaries in this field interest me. I would expect a lockstep with other tech fields in the low six figures for those with 10-15 years solid track record. Higher if you went all VP/exec. Just on the low side compared to say a windows dev or car mech engineer or consumer product chem engineer

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Haha, seems like Brad has been posting over at somethingawful and someone bought him an avatar it seems....

rrr_img_60490.png

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
Haha, seems like Brad has been posting over at somethingawful and someone bought him an avatar it seems....

rrr_img_60490.png
Lol.

Booze, where can I sign up for that awesome game Groupquest?! The art and action looked amazing! That shit's got EQN in full retreat. I bet they change everything up now after seeing that shit!

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
Kewpuh lit him up too. That's awesome.

Here's a pretty good idea that I had I know it's probably thinking outside the box but just gonna dump it here.

Make a game that is fun and post about how progress on that game is coming and when the game is done and it is fun people will play it and shape your community.

Here's a pretty bad idea that you typed a shitload of words about. Make a community and charge to become part of the community and then focus later on talking about making a game.
I love it. More pushback on this bullshit.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
You know there is no doubt why this site and foh before ran off every developer with even an ounce of talent. The level of duchebaggery in this thread is epic. Honestly, the only purpose this thread serves now is for Brad to come back ***IF*** his game works out, and say suck it fuckers.

I'm out. PEACE BITCHES!
In a world where SWTOR ended up costing 200 million dollars to produce, even if 1,000 of you gullible idiots donated 15$/month, how far do you think 15,000$ a month is going to go? You honestly think he can afford to develop an MMO and pay 10 lackeys on 180,000 dollars a year? Hell, double that and itstilltakes you over 2 years to get the "initial" 800,000 he asked for. "Guys, if we just give Brad and co. 50 years, we'll have this game made!" In other words, have fun donating to Brad's monthly vicodin intake.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Pretty much this.

It won't see a full release.
I'm not even sure what our standards are anymore with released mmos. Anything close to what VG looked like would be a disater. But I wouldn't expect rift quaiility either. I still think rift set the bar on how a release should go. Brad has to come close to some of the more recent releases.