Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

Frenzic

Lord Nagafen Raider
I have transferred my kick starter pledge to the website and it came with lifetime apprentice developer status. I don't see anything worth sharing honestly. There's nothing new from the devs since kick starter failed.

I don't feel like multi quoting on my phone but someone mentioned eqclassic doing a small kick starter. That's not a bad idea. I'm sure there are some who don't want p99 and would pay for an open source classic eq. People could run all kinds of servers with different rule sets.

Edit: the first quote didn't work either... Fail on my part
frown.png

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
I have transferred my kick starter pledge to the website and it came with lifetime apprentice developer status.I don't see anything worth sharing honestly.There's nothing new from the devs since kick starter failed.
frown.png
We are pretty sure the underlined statement is always going to be true. What we want is the juicy crazy that comes with being an apprentice developer. Frenzic, can you provide our entertainment for the foreseeable future? It pays nothing and has few benefits but at least you aren't paying us to provide it. What do ya say, pal?

Frenzic

Lord Nagafen Raider
We are pretty sure the underlined statement is always going to be true. What we want is the juicy crazy that comes with being an apprentice developer. Frenzic, can you provide our entertainment for the foreseeable future? It pays nothing and has few benefits but at least you aren't paying us to provide it. What do ya say, pal?
I have no problem entertaining the people who have kept me well entertained for years
smile.png

I just checked out ProjectPantheon for the first time in a while and it seems the Devs have all but stopped posting there. Only Vhalen has posted since Feb 16th. Sad times, they must be busy!

zzeris what does your sig mean if I may ask? I had an argument with some guy named Robert Carlisle on the kickstarter site lol. Is that you or are you making fun of him?

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
Yeah, my old sig needed changed and bob inspired me with his feverous defense of the unseen. I might have converted if only I had seen one miracle! Maybe a combat doc or some other outlandish craziness.

arallu

Golden Knight of the Realm
Convo?! He's posting in the apprentice developer's hangout. He could be our insider...But they probably all had to sign an NDA...
I was gonna just follow him around the forum and add to his 'thank you' and 'rep' points but alas, most of his posts are in the "private" forum and I'm just a useless free-loader (DENIED!).
Go tohttps://www.pantheonrotf.com/memberssearch for someone, and if they aren't private you can see all their posts, wherever they posted them.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'm afraid Convo would go too deep under cover and not be a reliable CI after partaking in too much of the koolaid.
Not really looking to play sides in all of this. I'm still hopeful this gets done. I'm there posting about the direction, communication and the identity issues they need to work on. Also, how I think the pledge items should really not give much of an advantage. Pantheon can't be like EQ if a majority of us are dropped in the world with our shiny store armor, extra slot bags, mounts and speed boots. It's not as crazy as you guys would think.

Devs ask for some zone/dungeon ideas. Sounds like they already have a good handle on that stuff tho.. Tony mentioned he pretty much has the world done on paper.

I think once they get the subscription accumulating to tiers working, more people will get on board.

Grundge_sl

shitlord
After the initial "OMG YES PLEASE" wore off, things just started to stink and just kept smelling more and more until the end. Asking for people's money now seems disingenuous and even potentially fraudulent. That site reeks of money grab. Monthly subscription for forum access to a game that isn't even started? What the fuck?
I can't wait until more of those fanbois over there start realizing this. I do hope that their cash shop there sells some Pantheon lube, they will be needing it when the time comes

Frenzic

Lord Nagafen Raider
Pantheon can't be like EQ if a majority of us are dropped in the world with our shiny store armor, extra slot bags, mounts and speed boots.
My opinion on this is similar to the lifetime subscription argument. If this game only gets 50,000 players then how many of those are the lifetime subs? Maybe 200? That leaves plenty of room for real money to be earned by the company. The same can be said for the items. Of that 50,000 players more will be getting the items than the lifetime sub, but I still don't think it will be significant enough to matter. If there are 2000 people who start the game with Jboots does that effect the overall game? I don't think so because those 2000 will be spread over 10-20 servers? I dunno I'm pulling numbers out of my ass but I just don't see it making an impact on the game.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
My opinion on this is similar to the lifetime subscription argument. If this game only gets 50,000 players then how many of those are the lifetime subs? Maybe 200? That leaves plenty of room for real money to be earned by the company. The same can be said for the items. Of that 50,000 players more will be getting the items than the lifetime sub, but I still don't think it will be significant enough to matter. If there are 2000 people who start the game with Jboots does that effect the overall game? I don't think so because those 2000 will be spread over 10-20 servers? I dunno I'm pulling numbers out of my ass but I just don't see it making an impact on the game.
It just sends the wrong message. At least to me is does. Fuck head start items! Ha

TragedyAnn_sl

shitlord
I just checked out ProjectPantheon for the first time in a while and it seems the Devs have all but stopped posting there. Only Vhalen has posted since Feb 16th. Sad times, they must be busy!
They must be super busy. Brad's only posted three times on the official Pantheon forums and Salim only once?

Frenzic

Lord Nagafen Raider
They must be super busy. Brad's only posted three times on the official Pantheon forums and Salim only once?
Posting frequently is prob the easiest way to keep fans excited. You don't even need to post about anything new! Just post to let the public know that you're still passionate about the project.

Aside from the lack of posting, there is a lack of new content. For 15 a month users were supposed to get a behind the scenes meeting once a week weren't they? I see no mention of this. The only news I saw was that the VR teams met up in person and will be releasing the content of that meeting over time... Again with the releasing information over time bullshit.

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
It's a concern because of the other players who don't have the items just as much as the ones that do. mmorpg gamers are a jealous, angry lot.

Frenzic

Lord Nagafen Raider
It's a concern because of the other players who don't have the items just as much as the ones that do. mmorpg gamers are a jealous, angry lot.
Then put up the money to back the game when it needs it. Don't show up on launch day and be all butt hurt that someone else has Jboots when they were following the game for 3 years and paid money 3 years in advance. If you're getting angry about that then there are some life lessons you need to learn. Are they also angry that they didn't put stock into Facebook and Amazon before they blew up? That's how silly of an argument this is. Of course people are going to be jealous if someone has more than them, that's human nature. Those same people are going to be jealous of my sword of Rape Yo Ass too! Then you get into the argument about playtime should not equal game success, which we all know is complete bullshit.

Frenzic

Lord Nagafen Raider
Seems like all of them are busy with something atm. I haven't received a response email for my support tier yet and it's been three days now. I wonder what they are all doing.

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
Seems like all of them are busy with something atm. I haven't received a response email for my support tier yet and it's been three days now. I wonder what they are all doing.
lines of pure colombian off of hooker's asses with all the donations from their sub based forum, of course!