Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

Quaid

Trump's Staff
I wonder what they are all doing.
tumblr_mlcjmyszR71qjeigjo1_500.gif

Dahkoht_sl

shitlord
Brad didn't post for over a week on his own Kickstarter site asking for hundreds of thousands of dollars , he now has over 100k from the devoted , why should he post much at all until that runs dry ?

Seriously , Jacobs and Ponytail and others manage to work and post frequently at the same time, but Brad the business genius can't manage it. At some point people need to stop making excuses for him.

kudos

<Banned>
It's obvious this is all a bullshit attempt at fleecing people for some money. There is no way you can actually think an MMO (the most expensive genre to make a damn game for) ran by Brad McQuaid; a guy who is known for wasting and mismanaging money, is going to actually happen. It. Will. Not. Be. Made.

If he releases this thing I will never post on this or any variation of this forum ever again.

an accordion_sl

shitlord
It's obvious this is all a bullshit attempt at fleecing people for some money. There is no way you can actually think an MMO (the most expensive genre to make a damn game for) ran by Brad McQuaid; a guy who is known for wasting and mismanaging money, is going to actually happen. It. Will. Not. Be. Made.

If he releases this thing I will never post on this or any variation of this forum ever again.
What if they release with a buggy piece of shit client like mortal online?

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
My opinion on this is similar to the lifetime subscription argument. If this game only gets 50,000 players then how many of those are the lifetime subs? Maybe 200? That leaves plenty of room for real money to be earned by the company. The same can be said for the items. Of that 50,000 players more will be getting the items than the lifetime sub, but I still don't think it will be significant enough to matter. If there are 2000 people who start the game with Jboots does that effect the overall game? I don't think so because those 2000 will be spread over 10-20 servers? I dunno I'm pulling numbers out of my ass but I just don't see it making an impact on the game.
Going back to this, if the game averages about 50000 subs a month (which I think is optimistic to begin with), you're talking maybe 1-2 servers tops depending how many a server can hold (current server technologies have a higher cap, say 5000 per server). I think you also need to take into account the whole store aspect of this. For a team that has said they are against F2P, they have effectively put in microtransactions where you can buy those jboots even if you are only paying a lower tier (I didn't see if you can buy the lifetime sub as an addon though). I do find it interesting about the comment they made about horses saying they were rethinking that whole thing. One wonders what would of happened if the somehow the KS did fund how would deal with the people that bought the tier with the horse?

At the end of the day, if the game is garbage then you're not going to get a ton of people playing anyway outside of backers so it won't matter in the long run.

Mr Creed

Too old for this shit
Technical server limits only present an upper limit. Based on whatever your carefully crafted design concept (can I get a lol here?) demands you could set the actual limit lower to enforce smaller communities. Given the right game (not for Pantheon) that could even be fun. It would be horrible in many ways for a generic DIKU like Pantheon, but does that rule it out?

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
It's picking up steam!

a15zHYU.png
More like small puffs of smoke, like from a cigarette.

rrr_img_61305.jpg

I don't understand, that graphic says 1,077 yet only 1009 members are registered on the site. Don't you have to be a member to even pay anything (we already know not all of the 1009 are paying members).

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
What if they release with a buggy piece of shit client like mortal online?
I remember when Mortal Online were taking Collectors Edition orders and there were a lot of questions and dubiousness, and of course Mortards shouted everyone down, and then people started reporting getting their collectors edition loot. Terrible quality action figures. Art book that was only half full, with more blank pages than not. And the 'physical' copy of the game that was useless, not in that it was an outdated client that needed needed patched, but you couldn't even install those files at all, and some people claimed they got DVDs that were entirely blank.

So, yeah, Mortal Online actually released, too, so it sets the bar Pantheon will undoubtedly find a way to limbo under.