Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So people are knocking them for getting together and trying to be better organized/on the same page? Instead of railing on it, let's sit back and see what comes from it. Team meetings in person should be happening so they can layout/assign projects, answering questions, etc..

Merlin_sl

shitlord
So people are knocking them for getting together and trying to be better organized/on the same page? Instead of railing on it, let's sit back and see what comes from it. Team meetings in person should be happening so they can layout/assign projects, answering questions, etc..
More like they are at Bencotto's high fiving each other over the fact they actually found enough idiots to give them money to pay their bills so they don't have to get real jobs.

Lost Ranger_sl

shitlord
People are knocking them for getting together this many months later to try and get organized. I don't know why it needs to keep being said, but these guys are asking for millions of dollars. Is it really unreasonable for people to expect some fucking professionalism from them from the BEGINNING and not months down the road? These guys are suppose to be professional veterans of the industry. So far I'm not seeing it, and if you're being honest with yourself you haven't seen it either. Some of these start ups being run by kids fresh out of college (if that) are better presented, and better run.

I can see what is going to happen now. Every time they do something that isn't completely fucktarded the devoted are going to run here for a "SEE?! SEE?! THEY ARE DOING IT!!!".
rolleyes.png

Skanda

I'm Amod too!
We're knocking them for not having done this already. How much experience does this team have at making games? This isn't some high school project where they can just wing it and do just fine. We should be seeing some level of professionalism out of them but at every turn they demonstrate that they have none. The way they're going about this is so utterly ass backwards is nearly every way I can think of that they even have me feeling embarrassed for them. It is absolutely shameful to see this kind of project managment from 20 year industry vets.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
People are knocking them for getting together this many months later to try and get organized. I don't know why it needs to keep being said, but these guys are asking for millions of dollars. Is it really unreasonable for people to expect some fucking professionalism from them from the BEGINNING and not months down the road? These guys are suppose to be professional veterans of the industry. So far I'm not seeing it, and if you're being honest with yourself you haven't seen it either. Some of these start ups being run by kids fresh out of college (if that) are better presented, and better run.

I can see what is going to happen now. Every time they do something that isn't completely fucktarded the devoted are going to run here for a "SEE?! SEE?! THEY ARE DOING IT!!!".
rolleyes.png
Actually.. I was debating even posting any updates here, but people were asking. I didn't think the last thread should of been rickshawed. The needle for a lot of you will move until the very end. If you're going to make that projection when someone post anything positive, I'll stay out of it and not post.

iannis

Musty Nester
Nah, that's the sort of thing that you proclaim when you have absolutely nothing else just so that you can at least proclaim something. There's no need to wait and see what comes of it. Nothing can. That's a move aimed at fleecing their diehards.

You know what a PR guy is? That's an excuse to not answer questions in email/chat/their very own pay-boards, and not be accountable for their failure.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
People are knocking them for actually trying to do a Kickstarter without actually doing any of this first. It's fucking retarded that they haven't. You can't pat them on the back for finally organizing after attempting to raise money. It just speaks to incompetence.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
Actually.. I was debating even posting any updates here, but people were asking. I didn't think the last thread should of been rickshawed. The needle for a lot of you will move until the very end. If you're going to make that projection when someone post anything positive, I'll stay out of it and not post.
Nah. Brad going full retard again is very Hall of Shame worthy.

iannis

Musty Nester
I think 8 dudes had the group realization in a face-to-face meetup that Brads name alone isn't enough to feed them. It is apparently still enough to feed Brad.

I'd like to read those minutes. "What? I thoughtyouwere the one that was actually doing work! You mean for 6 months we've just been drawing IOU's andnoneof us have been doing anything!?!?!"

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
The funny part of all of this is the actual implication of now taking peoples money. They are now on the hook and probably cannot make this happen. There is no fucking way they will raise the $10-20 million this will need to be completed by the website. So what are they doing here?

If I was any one of those devs on this team I would get the fuck out while I still had a chance before you are labeled as one of the ones which fleeced thousands of people out of cash and had nothing but a picture of a dick to show for it. This could seriously be a carer ending road here.

Skanda

I'm Amod too!
I disagree, but I said my peace and why I felt the way I did.
With displays like these coming from VRI I wouldn't be too surprised if I were you to find this thread right along side it's sister in the HoS in a year or three.

Gecko_sl

shitlord
Valid question: What happens to all the backers funds if their game does not make enough money to go gold? According to Brad's interviews they are backpaying their current team for their contributions so it sounds like all the money they've raised is not going to 'future work'. I'm assuming once paid out then that money is gone.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Nothing, its not like they are going to return it. Its a thorough fleecing of the "want an olschool mmo like EQ" crowd.

Skanda

I'm Amod too!
Valid question: What happens to all the backers funds if their game does not make enough money to go gold? According to Brad's interviews they are backpaying their current team for their contributions so it sounds like all the money they've raised is not going to 'future work'. I'm assuming once paid out then that money is gone.
I believe they are using Paypal for donations right now which means that as soon as you donate your money is gone. You don't even have the minimal protection that Kickstarter offers now. No idea what may happen if someone down the road feels like getting legal on Brad's ass.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
People are knocking them for actually trying to do a Kickstarter without actually doing any of this first. It's fucking retarded that they haven't. You can't pat them on the back for finally organizing after attempting to raise money. It just speaks to incompetence.
The worst part about it was Brad having the balls to say how they were working for free and wanted to back pay them the industry standard for their work. How much does it cost to reimburse a package of napkins and some bics?

I also hear how they were working pro bono. Correct me if I'm wrong but pro bono is donating your time without getting paid. Not I'm gonna spot you a couple napkins and bics for the time being so you can pay me later.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
It's not like he's doing anything illegal. It's just scumfuckery.
So what are the odds of actually seeing a game? 1/100? 1/1000?

They could even double dip. Have the website people pay for their demo, then go back to kickstarter and have the same people donate again. Its the perfect plan.

Dahkoht_sl

shitlord
Just to follow up on what others are saying, they shouldn't be announcing they got together and had a meeting like that's a great thing.

They should have been doing this all along, along with actually fucking working.

The fact it's seen as a "positive" step they had a face to face meeting should scream "WARNING WARNING WARNING" to anyone.

But again , I'm still sorely tempted to sub 15/month for just a couple months just to watch this train wreck first hand and not have it relayed. Seeing the slow realization from some of the true believers that they have been fleeced , will , WILL begin to creep in and show in the posts there.

Would be interesting to watch the evolution of that.