Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

Frenzic

Lord Nagafen Raider
That's bullshit. I've seen better organization from class projects in Community College CS courses than has come from these highly experienced veterans of the industry. This is the kind of abject disorganization I would expect from a group of rank amateur reefer addicts who decided they would try to make a video game one day for the hell of it. It's embarrassing on all levels not only to them but also to their fans who continue to try to support this project despite every conceivable effort from the "development team" to fuck it up.
What's bullshit? No one's arguing with you about how they handled the project to this point. What I said is that I'm looking towards the future and that they made a positive move.

Skanda

I'm Amod too!
It's bullshit that you continue to make excuses for them despite their track record. Good steps and positive moves, blah blah blah. 6 months after the start of their project that they're finally assigning jobs? A good step? My ass it's a good step. That should have been done in week 1. The fact that they are actually revealing that up until now they were doing what the hell ever they wanted is a massive red flag on the professionalism of this team as well as the appallingly horrific lack of project management. Seeing as I can expect more professionalism coming from a Digipen class project than I can from some of the most experienced people in the MMO industry should tell you all you can expect from VRI.

Frenzic

Lord Nagafen Raider
It's bullshit that you continue to make excuses for them despite their track record. Good steps and positive moves, blah blah blah. 6 months after the start of their project that they're finally assigning jobs? A good step? My ass it's a good step. That should have been done in week 1. The fact that they are actually revealing that up until now they were doing what the hell ever they wanted is a massive red flag on the professionalism of this team as well as the appallingly horrific lack of project management. Seeing as I can expect more professionalism coming from a Digipen class project than I can from some of the most experienced people in the MMO industry should tell you all you can expect from VRI.
What are you some kind of retard? Read what you said to yourself. You freely admit that the step should have been made. What I said is that it's a positive step forward. Regardless of when the step should have happened it did and that's positive. Try to wrap your head around that dipshit.

No where did I say that they are doing a good job. No where did I excuse the way they are running things. Take your blind hating bullshit and shove it.

I continue to make excuses for them? You obviously don't read my post.

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
Here is what I don't understand. They keep referencing things they are doing. Things like 'working on maps', using the word 'prototype' and yet there has been zero evidence of any of this. I mean, literally zero. They are putting in 10-12 hours a day, from what I think one of the devs said towards the end of the KS and the best they can give the supporters is one piece of concept art of a tower and a paragraph of lore? They do these softball interviews where no one asks them direct questions on the exact game design and that's supposed to satisfy the masses?

It's to the point now where it's not even worth laughing at this anymore.

Skanda

I'm Amod too!
What are you some kind of retard? Read what you said to yourself. You freely admit that the step should have been made. What I said is that it's a positive step forward. Regardless of when the step should have happened it did and that's positive. Try to wrap your head around that dipshit.
No it's not a good step anymore. The fact that it's happening now is a very bad indicator. It stopped being a good step several months ago and turned into a "no fucking duh you morons" move. Nothing positive can come from this because they're showing how totally fucking over their heads they are.

Frenzic

Lord Nagafen Raider
Here is what I don't understand. They keep referencing things they are doing. Things like 'working on maps', using the word 'prototype' and yet there has been zero evidence of any of this. I mean, literally zero. They are putting in 10-12 hours a day, from what I think Sam said towards the end of the KS and the best they can give the supporters is one piece of concept art of a tower and a paragraph of lore? They do these softball interviews where no one asks them direct questions on the exact game design and that's supposed to satisfy the masses?

No one is working 10 hours on this lol. They have between 10-15 people on their team and you only see what they would quantify as work coming from 2 of them. Vu might be working 10 hours maybe vhalen. The web master is going on 5 days without responding to my email regarding the tiers.

The way they are running this "company" is atrocious. I hope they hire a boss soon.

Frenzic

Lord Nagafen Raider
Nothing positive can come from this because they're showing how totally fucking over their heads they are.
Its always a good move to fix a problem no matter how far gone something is. I agree with this last point though. They are completely over their heads.

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
No one is working 10 hours on this lol. They have between 10-15 people on their team and you only see what they would quantify as work coming from 2 of them. Vu might be working 10 hours maybe vhalen. The web master is going on 5 days without responding to my email regarding the tiers.

The way they are running this "company" is atrocious. I hope they hire a boss soon.
The fact that the tiers are still a clusterfuck on the website is proof of that. It comes down to that no one is managing them. At least not Brad. He running around trying to get money for this shit. It's beyond pathetic, I've seen better startup efforts from a couple of indie devs working in their mom's basement. The majority of the shit on Greenlight, even stuff that's in the very early concept/alpha stages is better presented than this. And this is supposed to be 'industry vets of the MMORPG genre'?

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
While that concept art looks awesome... They should probably release art that their graphics engine is actually capable of producing. I've never seen anything in Unity that looks that good.

But ya, I love the description of that zone.
I don't know what's possible with unity. Seems like a lot of the games have a more realistic look to them. Wonder if Denault can give some insight on that one?

Denaut

Trump's Staff
I don't know what's possible with unity. Seems like a lot of the games have a more realistic look to them. Wonder if Denault can give some insight on that one?
Quite a lot is possible, but it really depends on the skill of your art and programming (shaders, lighting, etc) team. It won't push pixels like Unreal or Crysis can, but honestly it doesn't need to in order to make a great looking game. In my opinion Art Design > Technical Capability any day of the week. If I were to hazard a guess I'd say it is possible to make a dungeon that looks like that with Unity.

Mr Creed

Too old for this shit
It wouldf be hilarious if a couple of enthusiastic people would start a basement project that just matched their weekly effort and then published the time they had to put in.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Here is what I don't understand. They keep referencing things they are doing. Things like 'working on maps', using the word 'prototype' and yet there has been zero evidence of any of this. I mean, literally zero. They are putting in 10-12 hours a day, from what I think one of the devs said towards the end of the KS and the best they can give the supporters is one piece of concept art of a tower and a paragraph of lore? They do these softball interviews where no one asks them direct questions on the exact game design and that's supposed to satisfy the masses?

You'd be hearings that stuff from a lot of companies.. The difference is the project is relying in crowdfund so the expectations are different. It's a tough one, bc Vu's work was slammed so I'd expect any prototype they come out with to get the same treatment. At this point, they would be better off waiting for some polished in game video.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
More like small puffs of smoke, like from a cigarette.

rrr_img_61305.jpg

I don't understand, that graphic says 1,077 yet only 1009 members are registered on the site. Don't you have to be a member to even pay anything (we already know not all of the 1009 are paying members).
Oh shit, they actually updated that graphic. I was making fun of the fact that they did not change it yet. That said, the fact it shows more supporters than actual members is pretty odd.

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
You'd be hearings that stuff from a lot of companies.. The difference is the project is relying in crowdfund so the expectations are different. It's a tough one, bc Vu's work was slammed so I'd expect any prototype they come out with to get the same treatment. At this point, they would be better off waiting for some polished in game video.
Convo, they are not even showing stuff to their backers. You know, the ones that will eat up anything they put out. If they won't even show stuff to the backers, how does the team expect to get new backers then?

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Convo, they are not even showing stuff to their backers. You know, the ones that will eat up anything they put out. If they won't even show stuff to the backers, how does the team expect to get new backers then?
I think they will be rolling out more content on a more frequent basis. I don't know if they can meet your expectations at this point tho. As far as prototypes go, but I expect to see a lot more of the kind of stuff I posted last page for a few weeks. A steady flow of information needs to occur, and obviously, progress needs to be visible.

Skanda

I'm Amod too!
A steady flow of information needs to occur and obviously, progress needs to visible.
I fully expect them to try to go dark at some point in development. They've shown no capacity whatsoever to think outside the box yet and since that is "industry standard" along with them trying to control negative press, like this site, I doubt they'll try to break that mold. At every step of the way they've shown how they totally miss the mark on how crowdfunded development works and I can't see them having learned that lesson yet.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I fully expect them to try to go dark at some point in development. They've shown no capacity whatsoever to think outside the box yet and since that is "industry standard" along with them trying to control negative press, like this site, I doubt they'll try to break that mold. At every step of the way they've shown how they totally miss the mark on how crowdfunded development works and I can't see them having learned that lesson yet.
It really depends, if they are making a push on the game and post why, I think that's fair. But for them all to just vanish? I don't see that happening without notice. Personally, I'm glad the devs post but the main focus should be working on the game. Pop in from time to time, but I don't need them there all day. So far there is a good balance.

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I don't really get how you can say this proves there is no Real demand for a game like this. This colossal failure of a kickstarter, that had nothing to Show but Brad's soiled name and a bunch of vague design concepts.

Yet it still attracted more than 3K backers.

iannis

Musty Nester
So they had a meeting to discuss how it is that nobody knows what the fuck they're doing? And this is progress because they have now assigned one guy (who probablylostthe game of beer pong) to be "public relations".

Ok.

Dude, even in high school when you had a group presentation one of the first things you decided was who was going to speak. So you're telling me that these grown ass men are not as competent as some 14 year olds. It's not that they did it. It's that they've made the point (and had to make the point, and FELT they had to make the point) of telling the "fans" that's what they did. In other words... they did nothing but get together and divvy up this weeks loot.

"They are not role assignment experts" made me chuckle though. I'd + you if I could!

There are community modding projects that are run better than that.