bixxby

Molten Core Raider
New animation demo released:

3t643vZ.gif
I pledge $45,000

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Rerolled

A few hours after the Kickstarter launched, when the honeymoon had just started and people were blindly pledging. The moment I had seen that video I went from a "Cool, Brad is giving it another go" to "umm, no".

THAT'S RIGHT, I WAS THE FIRST TO DOUBT THIS ABOMINATION OF A KICKSTARTER!

Can I have my cookie now?
smile.png
There are a variety of posts before that doubting the kickstarter. So no, you don't get a cookie.

Merlin_sl

shitlord
~6 months ago everyone thought Dave Georgeson was a slimy snake oil salesman and we were eagerly awaiting Brad's announcement

i5GW2CU05SB2H.gif

how times have changed
Pretty easy to appear organized with a team of 45-60 and $150 million, including all the infrastructure, server farms, and a giant fucking company backing you up. Not defending Brads total incompetence, but not jumping up and down patting ponytail on the back either.

Fedor

<Banned>
Pretty easy to appear organized with ateam of 45-60 and $150 million, including all the infrastructure, server farms, and a giant fucking company backing you up.Not defending Brads total incompetence, but not jumping up and down patting ponytail on the back either.
that sounds familiar

Vanguard_Saga_of_Heroes.jpg

Dave "appears" organized because he actually is organized.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
They just posted a map of the first (only for now) continent.http://www.pantheonrotf.com/public/a..._map_final.jpg

Looks a lot more professional than some of the stuff they put out before. I would not complain if the cloth map ended up looking like that.
rrr_img_61888.jpg

September - March. Sure feels like 7 months worth of work right there.

I like how it's everquest zones with one word changed around to make it different. Everfrost Peaks is totally different from Frostfael Peaks herd derp high fantasy means I don't have to try.

Quaid

Trump's Staff

I like how it's everquest zones with one word changed around to make it different. Everfrost Peaks is totally different from Frostfael Peaks herd derp high fantasy means I don't have to try.
I dunno man, the Isle of Yvyll (pronounced E-VIL I assume) kinda tickles my pickle.

Frenzic

Lord Nagafen Raider

Where did they say that they were working on the map since September? I highly doubt they had even the info for this map back then.

Map looks nice, call a spade a spade man.

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
rrr_img_61888.jpg

Eh, I'll give them credit. It's one of the few things they've put out that actually looks good. It's just a shame how it took 6 months to produce that. I think the big challenge will be fitting in enough 1-50 content into a small world (especially if leveling will be slow) where it won't get boring after a while. At least in EQ you had choices on where to level.

Treesong

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Ha yes, Skyfen Mountains does remind me of Skyfire Mountains.
smile.png

Even so, this is a nice map. I like maps with lots of mountainranges, lakes, lagunes and islands. I am missing the rivers but I guess they will be added.

There is one interesting feature that caught my eye: there seems to be a huge dropoff from the area where the Lost Lake is, to the large peninsula in the South-East. As if the entire land just sunk 2 miles and left a huge cliff. Reminds me of a few Science Fiction stories that had this. At the edge of the cliff you would then find huge, horse-powered lifts that would lower you down 2 miles to the land below. So that could be cool.

Do not worry, not a dime. But that does not mean I can not oogle their map.
smile.png

Dyvim

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Credit where credit is due, looks nice and good. Not too big but leaves lots of options for expansions.
Would like a cloth map of these in the final box.

Quaid

Trump's Staff
As someone who is kinda dorky and likes designing fantasy world maps (cough), I must say, theirs is quite well done. There is clearly some well developed lore and backstory already fleshed out, evidence of which can be seen in the map.

Ex. The opposing cities on the shores of the lost lake. I'm going to assume they will be opposing factions of the same race as well (cities have linguistically similar names). It'll be very visually interesting if you can stand in the middle of that lake and see both cities.

The zone choke points that I can make out are gonna make for interesting travel if they don't trivialize it. World just looks like it has a good flow.

Pretty easy to appear organized with a team of 45-60 and $150 million, including all the infrastructure, server farms, and a giant fucking company backing you up. Not defending Brads total incompetence, but not jumping up and down patting ponytail on the back either.
SoE is more organized now in large part because they fired much of the dead weights, incompetents, and flotsam that were still hanging around the place...

Most of the people let go were just on old games with low numbers. They were more guilty for not trying to move to new projects.
They were on old games with low numbers (like Vanguard) for a reason. And if they had amazing engineering, art, design or management talent they would have been coveted by SoE and moved to new projects. Yes, its a cheap shot at the current Pantheon team, but its still a valid one imo.

gogojira_sl

shitlord
I dunno man, the Isle of Yvyll (pronounced E-VIL I assume) kinda tickles my pickle.
I saw some guy with a Twitter name that was identical (Yvyll) interacting with Tony about that isle a few days back. Tony had tweeted some whiteboard drawing with that isle or something. Maybe Yvyll is one of their heavier investors.