Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I, too, am concerned with the size of the land mass. It appears to be no larger than a single realm in DAoC when it launched. And it launched with three.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
They were on old games with low numbers (like Vanguard) for a reason. And if they had amazing engineering, art, design or management talent they would have been coveted by SoE and moved to new projects. Yes, its a cheap shot at the current Pantheon team, but its still a valid one imo.
So some of them had tenure and it was cheaper to keep newer people. What I told you, was told to me by a dev at SoE at the time of the layoffs. I don't know the whole decision process, but I think the team is fine. A lot of them have redeemable work you can point to.

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
The map is well done and while some of the names sound a bit generic, it still really looks nice. I completely disagree that it looks much different than before though. Nicer, indeed. Different? I don't see it. I think the land area is exactly what a small game needs for the early stages. We don't need massive content early. We need a well made and fun game. Places I'd like to explore and visit. Looks good but much. much more needed.

Edit- Merlin making me laugh once again. He has no idea how stuff works in life. The reason Ponytail gets the budget, talent, and time to do these things? Leadership, management skills, vision, production, and finishing projects. Everything Brad doesn't have and the primary reason he's having to beg players for money. Not because he wants us to build the game with him. Because he needs us just to get anything going.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I, too, am concerned with the size of the land mass. It appears to be no larger than a single realm in DAoC when it launched. And it launched with three.
The goal is 50 levels of content for 20 actual in game levels. I'm really not too worried about it. I'm going to work on getting a rough number of dungeons. Who knows how large those zones will be in game. I'd rather them just get a game out that's playable and add content later.

How can you expect a large land-mass with a shoestring crowd-sourced budget and a small rag-tag team of, at this point, mostly designers? I'd be more concerned of them actually releasing a playable alpha. If they're keeping the scope small and manageable I'll give them credit for that is the smartest thing I've seen them do yet.

Itzena_sl

shitlord
that sounds familiar

Vanguard_Saga_of_Heroes.jpg
iuv18XnxGX9XQ.gif

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
How can you expect a large land-mass with a shoestring crowd-sourced budget and a small rag-tag team of, at this point, mostly designers? I'd be more concerned of them actually releasing a playable alpha. If they're keeping the scope small and manageable I'll give them credit for that is the smartest thing I've seen them do yet.
If leveling is as slow as they say it is, it'll get old staying in the same zone for a month at a time with no where else to go. If their dungeons are viable for leveling, then thus obviously isn't a big concern. We'll see.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Planes of Triundia - Planes of Karana(even in roughly the same spot geographically as it was on Antonica)

Lost Lake - Lake Rathetear

Frostfael Peaks - Everfrost Peaks(again, roughly in the same spot geographically as Antonica)

The Falmyrys - The Feerrott

Skyfen Mountains - Rathe Mountains/Skyfire Mountains(there's even a giant dragon, merely a coincidence!)

Desert of A'Moka - Desert of Ro

Now, obviously it's high fantasy so things can only get so dissimilar, but when almost 50% of your overland zones coincide to that extent? Pretty bad..

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Haha your kidding me right? Because they share generic descriptions of the terrain like "Desert" and "Mountains" they're stolen from EQ? Give me a break.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Yeah stop being a hater, they aren't making games for haters and trolls. I mean show your support with $15.00 a month and fap over the great new zones and OMG amazing sauce map. The names are totally different and not phoned in at all, Patheon lore is super in depth and awe inspiring. As an apprentice dev I got the 411 on the next expansion zones already.

Freeze Frost Peaks
Cool Cold Mountains
Swamp of wetness
Deserts of Fire

with new dungeons

Dark Depths of Blackness
The lost sands of the lost
Shrine of the Sky
Fiery plane of fire

I know it's high fantasy but for shit sakes put some effort into it, rip off some Tolkienesque ideas at least and give them some depth.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yeah stop being a hater, they aren't making games for haters and trolls. I mean show your support with $15.00 a month and fap over the great new zones and OMG amazing sauce map. The names are totally different and not phoned in at all, Patheon lore is super in depth and awe inspiring. As an apprentice dev I got the 411 on the next expansion zones already.

Freeze Frost Peaks
Cool Cold Mountains
Swamp of wetness
Deserts of Fire

with new dungeons

Dark Depths of Blackness
The lost sands of the lost
Shrine of the Sky
Fiery plane of fire

I know it's high fantasy but for shit sakes put some effort into it, rip off some Tolkienesque ideas at least and give them some depth.
renames the zones man.. Let's see what you come up with:) Maybe they could go in groupquest.

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
Booze,

I'm fucking pissed I haven't heard anymore about your Groupquest game! Fucking getting to be like your hero Brad McQuaid or something. Next thing I know, you'll just leave and expect me to pay $15 monthly for the privilege of your insights.

On other thoughts, those maps look nothing alike. The names are kinda similar but the maps? No, let's not get Boozecube crazy in here now.

renames the zones man.. Let's see what you come up with:) Maybe they could go in groupquest.
Booze,

I'm fucking pissed I haven't heard anymore about your Groupquest game! Fucking getting to be like your hero Brad McQuaid or something. Next thing I know, you'll just leave and expect me to pay $15 monthly for the privilege of your insights.

On other thoughts, those maps look nothing alike. The names are kinda similar but the maps? No, let's not get Boozecube crazy in here now.
Turn fawyder upside down, smash. It under anotica, crame erudin into its side and cut ever frost up a few cenimeters...

Quaid

Trump's Staff
I'm not sure what the point is...

We want a world like EQ. This is a good thing. Stop ragging on it lol.

Tauro

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Map looks good to me. Not too many zones is also good, at least if those zones are rather big and have more than 1 "theme" (desert/mountain/etc.) in them. Should be more than enough space for the initial game.