Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

Beastro

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I've known that for a while that I had outlived my usefulness I suppose. He definitely favored Joppa far more than me in the last few months. But Joppa was getting results so it makes sense. Its kind of like the sith, you want the strongest person as your apprentice.
Given the expected bitching from your average kid doing school work I shudder to think how much you bitched given your mentality towards this.

Joppa_VR

Pantheon Team
Have you guys discussed having an epic questline like EQ?

Will there be KoS style factions ala EQ?
1) There will definitely be epic questlines, a la EQ. Also, we would like to have epic questlines for more than just premiere items.

2) Yes, absolutely. And as with most things, we'd like to take the faction system even a few steps deeper. Personally, I would like to see a companion system of Alignment as well.

delirium_sl

shitlord
@ Joppa-
Aside from all the mismanagement that happened in the past, one of the biggest downers about this project was the lack of a Necromancer. Will this be rectified? Its been hinted at but never confirmed. After all, what else would you do with all the bone chips from those rerolled skeletons?

Joppa_VR

Pantheon Team
You'll get a +1 for using a Keith painting for an profile pic.

How volatile is the team? To elaborate, how much turnover and/or people picking up things or walking away? Do you feel like you guys are a legitimate company or do you feel like this is really informal still yet? Are there meetings still? Delegation of duties?

To me, regardless of the state of your business you act and poise yourself as if you were the best. I'm just not feeling that with Pantheon.
I purposely waited to answer this question until I saw how Kyndread would respond.

As of now, I believe we've been successful in finally ironing out any remaining volatility. We are a legitimate company - each member of the team has clearly defined roles and responsibilities and I try to make sure they thrive in those roles. I oversee our development roadmap and revisit it at the beginning of each week. We have one high level forecast meeting each week. In addition, I connect with each team member multiple times a week (some multiple times a day) to make sure everything is on track. And honestly, I really enjoy the camaraderie the team has right now in addition to the structure and productivity.

I don't blame you for questioning the professionalism thus far, but things have drastically changed internally and the fruit of that will continue to be consistent and observable.

Joppa_VR

Pantheon Team
Joppa I personally hope you guys basically make Vanguard 2. Yea you won't have the budget of MS backing (OR MAYBE YOU DO????) but creating that close knit community game is something the mmo genre is lacking (except for maybe FF14).

Good luck. Give us more deets tho. Did you need permission from Brad to post here? Does he want reports? Are rerolled skeletons still in the game?
I try to let Brad know my intentions - "Hey, I'm going to wade into RR a bit. Thoughts?" He doesn't need reports, you guys already know he reads
wink.png

Joppa_VR

Pantheon Team
@ Joppa-
Aside from all the mismanagement that happened in the past, one of the biggest downers about this project was the lack of a Necromancer. Will this be rectified? Its been hinted at but never confirmed. After all, what else would you do with all the bone chips from those rerolled skeletons?
Yea, can't confirm anything different related to the Necro right now, but it is on the table to be discussed (so is Bard).

The good news is that there will be a lot of class-related information coming out this week to chew on.

Thlayli

Lord Nagafen Raider
I hope for your sake that you've gotten a solid contract, Joppa...I was one of those FoH lurkers that really believed in Sigil and Vanguard, only to see that game collapse due to Brad's catastrophic financial (and overall) mismanagement. And we all know what happened to the poor saps at Sigil that believed in Brad's leadership.

Do yourself a favor and get a good contract written up. Currently Brad needs you more than vice versa, but if you wanna survive in this industry you should probably start thinking politically.

If you don't, let me just say there could be a parking lot in your near future...

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Tell him to come back and post here then.
Never going to happen. First thing on most people's agenda would be to get him to explain himself for the "advance" he took, the Kickstarter debacle, screwing over Dev Team 1.0, what he was thinking with Fuzzy Jesus Troll brigade, and the list goes on and on.

I just don't see that happening.

A) Because there is no rational logic to explain it all away
B) If he really thinks he can get new investor $, him stumbling through explaining that mess is not going to help. He's best to continue pretending it never happened.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
idk, there are at least a couple explanations i can think of. first being "hey, i messed up." second being "hey, i owed a lot of money to my drug dealer."

both understandable imo.

turbo

Molten Core Raider
idk, there are at least a couple explanations i can think of. first being "hey, i messed up." second being "hey, i owed a lot of money to my drug dealer."

both understandable imo.
Joppa

Next meeting let Brad know that I would like to personally punch him in the dick for helping lead to such a horrible release of what is still my favorite MMO by far of all time (VG). However, if I for whatever reason drink the kool-aid and ever fund another endeavor it will ONLY be if he puts out another game with chaos volley like sorc's did in VG. That is all.