Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Think some class info dropping today. I'm curious to see what they've decided on since the original classes got scarapped.

I really don't mind the new direction. I've always wondered about their technical ability to deliver. I think that's thier biggest hurdle by far.

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
idk, there are at least a couple explanations i can think of. first being "hey, i messed up." second being "hey, i owed a lot of money to my drug dealer."

both understandable imo.
Regardless we never see these guys apologize or do we ever see them address the sticking point that everyone would be more than willing to move passed if they would just offer a simple and truthful explanation.

I can think of several questions (not just for Brad) that I would love to just know why or an explanation of what was going through someone's head.

I understand business and at times you have to give the cliche, political responses but come on.

Sevens

Log Wizard
Regardless we never see these guys apologize or do we ever see them address the sticking point that everyone would be more than willing to move passed if they would just offer a simple and truthful explanation.

I can think of several questions (not just for Brad) that I would love to just know why or an explanation of what was going through someone's head.

I understand business and at times you have to give the cliche, political responses but come on.
Actually, during and shortly after the KS Brad did address some of the past issues (On some Youtube show...Bob and Dan or the one with the really heavy host...Sadly cant remember his name). Also when the whole "moneygate" came up Brad did have a long post on MMORPG, I think it was, with his side of the story...Now its just up to you if you believe him or not.

Sevens

Log Wizard
Originally posted by Aradune

I haven't posted much on this, but this more recent rumor that I paid my team 'nothing' needs to be addressed:

1. The original team were absolutely compensated. They were contract workers, and each month they would be assigned tasks and the amount they would receive in compensation was right there, in their contract, as an exhibit. They knew how much money they were going to make for that month.

2. The vast majority of the money we raised via crowdfunding went to the team. I am not going to post dollar amounts in regards to what I or anyone on the team received.

3. We worked on this game from September 2013 until the disagreement re: funds occurred in April, 2014. So the amount in total they received and I received was for 7-8 months of work. There was no '3 month advance'. I compensated myself for that 7-8 months of work and I compensated the team for that 7-8 months of work. They were paid for getting done what was in their contract exhibit and for the work done prior to having any money (pre-crowdfunding).

4. Additionally, the founding members (the majority of the original team) received between 4% and 10% equity each in the company via stock.

I regret that there was a disagreement over who got how much money and that this caused an exodus of much of the original team. That said, the team I've re-built since April is getting even more work done, more quickly. That's not to say the original team didn't work hard -- most of them did -- but most of them also were doing contract work on the side, or even worked a full time position and then worked on Pantheon in the evenings. The majority of the team I've more recently assembled don't need nearly as much money to live off of and therefore most of them put most of the day into Pantheon and not other projects.

Lastly, I'd like to address team composition. The original team were all MMO industry vets. The team I have now, not so much. I have had great success in the past building teams that are a mixture of wise industry vets and hungry newbies. Right now I mostly have newbies, and that is in some ways a disadvantage (and in other ways, an advantage). But the goal right now is to continue development and to fill some additional positions (for example, a CEO would be great). Then, in a few months, re-start the quest for angel investors. Once we have funding, I have a long list of industry vets who have contacted me and let me know they are ready to join VR as soon as I'm able to bring them on as employees. So while we do lack the industry vets right now, that will no longer be the case once we bring in the first round of funding that we need.

In the meantime, please check out the details, screenshots, and movies we post on our Facebook pagehttps://www.facebook.com/pantheonrot..._type=bookmarkevery 1-2 weeks and witness the measurable forward progress we are making with the team I have now.

thanks,

-Brad McQuaid

This is the post I was referencing

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Sal basically called Brad a liar in regards to the money and how it got distributed. The reality is that Brad will carry that with him. As much as people want to forget, players won't until Brad and team proves they can get a game out that is functioning and has no drama attached. Ideally, if they do succeed, Brad should at least offer some of those guys a position. Not sure all deserve it but some do for sure.

It sounds like Brad has embraced the role we always thought he should be in. so I guess that's the first step. The second being what happens if money comes in? We will have to see if that happens. I think the new structure has a safety net but I don't know this Chris guy at all. I just know he's friends with Brad. Those 2 are question marks for me. I don't doubt Joppa and the rest of the teams dedication tho. They need Brad and Chris to do their part and to find them money and get them devs that can come in and help move the project along.

Eidal

Molten Core Raider
Maybe its naive of me but it seems disingenuous to back-date "work done" in such a manner. I mean, if you up-front launched a KS and said ("The first 500k of money received will go to paying all of us for getting this far.") then that's honest and adults can make their own decisions... but I don't think that was ever very clear. I feel like I'd feel a little betrayed if I kicked in some money for an upcoming [something] and then the guy says "okay cool that was for shit I did last year, now I need more money for [something]".

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
It was retarded. Not to mention the whole office space craziness. Such a lack of understanding of the current market and Crowdfunding. He learned the hard way. It's been a long road for that dude

Lunis

Blackwing Lair Raider
Brad will never change. He thinks he deserved ~45k out of 180k of crowdfunding... treating the whole team like it was already a fully funded corporation instead of an indie startup using it's fans limited funds.

Vitality

HUSTLE
It was retarded. Not to mention the whole office space craziness. Such a lack of understanding of the current market and Crowdfunding. He learned the hard way. It's been a long road for that dude
Brad's still in the parking lot my man.

Joppa_VR

Pantheon Team
Monty and I are going to be hanging out on Twitch starting around 10PST/1EST if you guys would like to join us. He's working on PBR rock formation for Halnir's Pass to take advantage of some of the new global illumination tech in Unity 5.Twitch

Vitality

HUSTLE
Monty and I are going to be hanging out on Twitch starting around 10PST/1EST if you guys would like to join us. He's working on PBR rock formation for Halnir's Pass to take advantage of some of the new global illumination tech in Unity 5.Twitch
Super weird time to run a stream my man. Right in the middle of the work day for most people.

I'll try and load it on my phone.

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
Brad's still in the parking lot my man.
Brad has to realize his position. I do believe he does feel entitled to a large chunk of the money. He needs to understand regardless of his title, he's a start up company trying to make it. There's plenty of documentaries of guys with nice titles sleeping on floors, eating cheese and crackers, or offices in their garages. They take nothing and it's all sweat equity and hard work. I can be the CEO and President or the Owner and Founder of a Lemonade Stand but just because I have a nice title does not mean I can expect a 6-figure salary.

Simply put, he's not in touch with reality but I do think he's a little closer now than he was a year ago. (Though still far away). By all appearances Brad believes that he has a website and company that is comparable to AAA shops. It's good to think like a big dog and act like a big dog to provide that competitive motivation to get there but he's somewhere else.

I may be drinking the kool-aid but Crowfall appears to be doing it right. They may fool us all (or at least me) but you have to show some sense but at the same time demonstrate that innovative hunger in addition to demonstrating you are in touch with your audience.

Mario Speedwagon

Gold Recognition
<Prior Amod>
He's making a rock formation out of Pabst blue ribbon cans? Sounds about right for Pantheon.

Vitality

HUSTLE
this is going to rock
These guys could have just straight up come in here and asked what a good time to do a stream is. No one here is going to steer them in a worse direction than they're already heading.

Also fuck you for not selecting pantheon as the game your channel is playing on twitch. Makes mobile searching a billion times harder.

** couldn't get it to load on my phone, source quality too high for mobile users

Joppa_VR

Pantheon Team
These guys could have just straight up come in here and asked what a good time to do a stream is. No one here is going to steer them in a worse direction than they're already heading.

Also fuck you for not selecting pantheon as the game your channel is playing on twitch. Makes mobile searching a billion times harder.

** couldn't get it to load on my phone, source quality too high for mobile users
Yea I hear you. Pantheon isn't on the 'Game List' yet, we'll work on that. Did the link I provided not take you straight to us?

I realize it's in the middle of the day, but that's when we're working as well and we want to share some of that work. That's like asking us to say, "Hey guys, when is the best time for all of you for us to do our work?" We archive these streams for people to watch later if they're interested. I hear you though, when we do more high profile streams where we want significant community presence, involvement, feedback etc., discussions, announcements, etc. we will absolutely do some data grabbing on the best times to do that for the most coverage.

Vitality

HUSTLE
Pantheon: rise of the fallen comes up in the games search list my dude.

Also level design streaming is pretty high profile. The fact that you think it isn't is questionable.

I'll watch the VODs later - hopefully you're not playing any copyrighted music so the vod doesn't get muted.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Brad has shown time and again with this Pantheon project he really knows how to put together a stellar team with a lot of skill and know how.

I am positive this new team can actually deliver a game and this will be the last team restructuring we see. These guys definitely rock.

Joppa_VR

Pantheon Team
Pantheon: rise of the fallen comes up in the games search list my dude.

Also level design streaming is pretty high profile. The fact that you think it isn't is questionable.
Level design absolutely is. Sculpting and texturing a single rock model is not imo - sorry if I didn't make that clear.

Also, you're right about the Game's List, sorry about that - channel should be tagged appropriately now.