Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

gogojira_sl

shitlord
Ben is back on the team (former PR guy during Kickstarter era). Tune in next month for more news.
biggrin.png
One hot scoop for one hot dollar, Soy.

Sithro

Molten Core Raider
I don't know what I'd do.

I think I'd panic.

So when is he going to start selling alpha access for coke money?

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Except one of two things is in play here:

1) Their art direction is being lead via canned Unity assets (the mermaid has a very, very similar look and feel to the middle ones)
2) Their art direction is so incredibly generic and boring it is already captured by canned Unity assets

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I just disagree. I like that art style. Art is so subjective but I think you're drawing parallels that don't exist. Give the guys credit when it's due. Besides, the unity asset thing is an old stone that doesn't need to be thrown. They did away with all that stuff a while back. The game doesn't even have store bought shit in it anymore. I'm all for the beat down they took over the year but these last few months have been much better and continue to improve. I think it's amazing how far they've actually come.

Reht

Molten Core Raider
Personally, i am not terribly concerned with them using generic stored bought assets. I am more concerned that they can pull off more life like animations for NPCs, incorporate different armor textures, have engaging game mechanics, etc. I can live with a semi fugly game if the game play is good; EQ1 and Daoc haven't been considered pretty games in a long time, but their gameplay is still better than most out games out there. I absolutely detested WoW's graphics, but the game play was so good it kept me playing off on and for years.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Personally, i am not terribly concerned with them using generic stored bought assets. I am more concerned that they can pull off more life like animations for NPCs, incorporate different armor textures, have engaging game mechanics, etc. I can live with a semi fugly game if the game play is good; EQ1 and Daoc haven't been considered pretty games in a long time, but their gameplay is still better than most out games out there. I absolutely detested WoW's graphics, but the game play was so good it kept me playing off on and for years.
Yep. It's really about execution at this point. That is what they will ultimately be judged on and they know it. What they lack in experience they make up for in passion. I feel better about this project now than ever. What has experience delivered us anyway? Certainly not a good old school RPG MMO.