Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

Toony

Molten Core Raider
During Vanguard days, Brad came on FoH personally to share beta screenshots and engage in dramatic lightsaber duels with Utnayan. Dunno what's funnier, that he's apparently incapable of even that level of 'community engagement' nowadays, or that people are apparently willing to eat shit a second time.
Why the fuck would anyone step into this toxic shitfest? Plenty of of other places to market w/o coming here.

Quaid

Trump's Staff
Why the fuck would anyone step into this toxic shitfest? Plenty of of other places to market w/o coming here.
Lol is this your first day on the Internet? If you think rerolled is a 'toxic shitfest' I suggest unplugging your modem. You aren't ready for the world.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I've talked to Brad about this place. He doesn't hold any ill will. We mashed up what happen. He understands he fucked up and is deserving of the shit that was flung his way. He wants to make a game that this community would pick up and enjoy. Thats all. He knows that's his only true redemption in a lot of people's eyes. I personally want him to take it another step and offer positions to some of the old team (he's already doing that,) Not all...because I don't think all of them are worth the rehire and didn't carry their weight last time. That and some other drama that was going on behind the scenes that was making the project toxic. Im open about my support and desire for this project to succeed in this thread but I totally agree with and understand the reservations people have. Even when im going back in forth with guys like Skanda and Abe, I totally understand why they might think I'm mildly retarded for being back on board. Brad is better off just making the game then approaching a community like this. If not, he's just going to sound like a broken record. Saying you've learned from your mistakes doesn't carry any weight around here. People need to actually see it.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Tell Brad no hard feelings about me pledging 10k and then pulling it midway. He just can't deliver anywhere near 10k worth of anything I don't feel.

Quaid

Trump's Staff
Tell Brad no hard feelings about me pledging 10k and then pulling it midway. He just can't deliver anywhere near 10k worth of anything I don't feel.
See, I thought you'd for sure want people to forget about how retarded you were to pledge 10k to a video game kickstarter. Yet here you are, proudly spouting off about it to remind us.

To each their own.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
See, I thought you'd for sure want people to forget about how retarded you were to pledge 10k to a video game kickstarter. Yet here you are, proudly spouting off about it to remind us.

To each their own.
i heard your check bounced.

Lol agreed quaid.
LOL I had no intention of giving that money up and no check bounced! How could it bounce when you can't pay by check and they didn't meet their goal on the kickstarter to even collect it?

Quaid

Trump's Staff
LOL I had no intention of giving that money up and no check bounced! How could it bounce when you can't pay by check and they didn't meet their goal on the kickstarter to even collect it?
Three posts ago: 'sorry about pulling my pledge! I did it because I had no faith in your ability to produce results, loser!'

*gets called out for being a massive retard*

This post: 'hahaha just trolling guyz!'

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Three posts ago: 'sorry about pulling my pledge! I did it because I had no faith in your ability to produce results, loser!'

*gets called out for being a massive retard*

This post: 'hahaha just trolling guyz!'
It was sarcasm from the first post on. Why would I be angry at Brad for trolling him with 10k? He should be mad at me. That was the joke ....

I told everyone back when I pulled it that the whole thing was a troll .... this shouldn't be news to you if you were following the game here the whole time.

Sithro

Molten Core Raider
I've talked to Brad about this place. He doesn't hold any ill will. We mashed up what happen. He understands he fucked up and is deserving of the shit that was flung his way. He wants to make a game that this community would pick up and enjoy. Thats all. He knows that's his only true redemption in a lot of people's eyes. I personally want him to take it another step and offer positions to some of the old team (he's already doing that,) Not all...because I don't think all of them are worth the rehire and didn't carry their weight last time. That and some other drama that was going on behind the scenes that was making the project toxic. Im open about my support and desire for this project to succeed in this thread but I totally agree with and understand the reservations people have. Even when im going back in forth with guys like Skanda and Abe, I totally understand why they might think I'm mildly retarded for being back on board. Brad is better off just making the game then approaching a community like this. If not, he's just going to sound like a broken record. Saying you've learned from your mistakes doesn't carry any weight around here. People need to actually see it.
Eh, he can come back when there's a game that can be played. As far as I'm concerned I've yet to see anything to make me REALLY believe that this game will actually exist.

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
If he comes back when there's a game to play we'll maybe never get him to visit us again! Come back anytime you want, Brad. We only think you're a ridiculous, egotistical, delusional letdown because we care so much about The Vision!

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
I think the problem has always been needing companies that took MMO's seriously as the great and risky ventures they were. Too often over the years game studios acted like if they can spend a few years shitting one out, then surely it will be successful. Making it easier and more accessible to shit out an MMO isn't going to change the trend of thinking if you shit one out, surely it will be successful. MMOs and their devs have always gotten a ton of attention and praise, and imo far too much that the focus became more about the studio and people making them and the fans going nuts, and the hype, etc.

What's going to change the trend is if a game studio realizes what a foolish and desperate thing making a MMO is, and that they'll probably fail, and that the public is getting sick of devs thinking they're hot shit for launching hot shit. Basically, check the egos, suppress the hype, keep their heads down, realize it's not about them creators or studio or IP or even the fucking rabid fans that will get hyped years in advance of a launch. Focus on the game, work with the sense of urgency you're nobody, will probably fail, and making the game is the only way to redeem you. Then maybe we won't get some over-hyped, piece of shit game that seem more like a self-congratulatory, over-produced nod to the developers than a game that's fun to play.

Sithro

Molten Core Raider
Sturgeon's Law: AT least 90% of everything is shit.
Not to mention that there HAVE been a few good JRPG games made in RPG Maker. If we just got a "FEW" good MMOs from indies, that would be a massive improvement over what we have now.

Also, the biggest problem with RPG maker is that it's fucking stagnant. They hardly upgrade it, and when they do the upgrades are underwhelming. A new version was just announced and the biggest upgrades are basically side combat and fucking mobile support.

Brikker

Trump's Staff
I wonder how easy it would be to do something like put Everquest into, say, a browser?

Feasible?

*someone thinks i'm Tyen, heehee and ick

Vinyard_sl

shitlord
Looks like a game is being made to me
smile.png

11879014_1682774325270434_1811624767821373219_o.png