Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

Rescorla_sl

shitlord
Jesus are you people gullible. These are assets that have been in the screenshots for the last 2 years for God's sake. A fly by of about 5% of a land mass without any mob population and no game play, and wait what??? Am I in the same thread as last week? Do you realize how easy this shit is to produce in a pre-made engine?

C'mon people.
I firmly believe you are 100% correct when you say this is easy as shit to produce in a pre-made engine. Since it is easy to produce, when will we see a similar demo for Our World?

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Is that the pro argument now? It is better than what a no name consumer can do? Seriously? This game is either going to die on the prefab vine or release and be the biggest cash grab the world of MMOs has ever seen.

Bruman

Golden Squire
Is that the pro argument now? It is better than what a no name consumer can do? Seriously? This game is either going to die on the prefab vine or release and be the biggest cash grab the world of MMOs has ever seen.
Nah, it won't be anything so binary, although people will claim it's the former (because any MMO that they personally don't play 24/7 for a year solid "failed", just like WoW with it's million of dollars or SWTOR).

I think at this point it will actually release in some state (whether it's one of those 'permanent beta/early access' like Landmark or not), will have people on it for the first 1-3 months, then see a big dropoff, like every other MMO/expac that comes out, and eventually get a core dedicated but small community. The VR team will then shrink, but probably the game will be accessible longer than anyone imagined.

Hell, fucking HORIZONS (now Istaria) is still online!Istaria is the BEST crafting MMORPG and has playable Dragons!

I think at this point it will actually release in some state (whether it's one of those 'permanent beta/early access' like Landmark or not), will have people on it for the first 1-3 months, then see a big dropoff, like every other MMO/expac that comes out, and eventually get a core dedicated but small community. The VR team will then shrink, but probably the game will be accessible longer than anyone imagined.[/url]
You just gave the track record of almost every Mmorpg that has launched in the past decade. Pretty easy to predict when it's the norm.

EQ, WoW, and FFXI are the only MMOs that truly have shown stamina to hold a large audience for a long period of time in the industry.

Literally hundreds of MMOs have come and flopped with limited niche followings in the history of the industry.

If you consider the box sales as success, you can add NWO, WHO, GW2, AoC, SWTOR, and FFXIV to that list.

I really don't think the days of holding a million plus loyal subscribers to one MMO for 5+ years are ever going to return.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
You just gave the track record of almost every Mmorpg that has launched in the past decade. Pretty easy to predict when it's the norm.

EQ, WoW, and FFXI are the only MMOs that truly have shown stamina to hold a large audience for a long period of time in the industry.

Literally hundreds of MMOs have come and flopped with limited niche followings in the history of the industry.

If you consider the box sales as success, you can add NWO, WHO, GW2, AoC, SWTOR, and FFXIV to that list.

I really don't think the days of holding a million plus loyal subscribers to one MMO for 5+ years are ever going to return.
Eve, Lineage2, ragnorak, maple story and plenty of others. Especially if you are using eq as a bench mark.

Bruman

Golden Squire
I think at this point it will actually release in some state (whether it's one of those 'permanent beta/early access' like Landmark or not), will have people on it for the first 1-3 months, then see a big dropoff,like every other MMO/expac that comes out, and eventually get a core dedicated but small community.[/url]

They are successes! They just didn't live up to what fans had in mind, so then people call them failures, even though by money sense they were successes. Even if the original investors/publishers/whoever had hoped for something larger, they were still successes. Just to varying degrees.

And no, I absolutely do not think those days will ever return. Nor should they. Fuck playing the same exact game forever.

I dunno, your post seems like you're trying to argue with me, but then you just restate all the things I said, hah. Maybe I'm just interpreting your post wrong.