Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

ili_sl

shitlord
Which might not be a bad thing, no? Watching COH right now. Guy is really trying too hard not to be the sponsored content shill he is all the time. Anyway, game is pre alpha and hell might turn out to be a nice niche game in two years, who knows. They are really redoing EQ somehow, even the faction messages in the chat window are the same.
I'm not sure what kind of an effect multiboxing would have on a newly released EQ slow combat type game, but I think players should be able to do whatever they want. Pantheon should just start off with the mercenary type stuff that EQ had later on, then it would be a non issue. That is not likely to happen though, so plan on seeing a ton of multiboxers imo.

If someones livelihood is dependent on sponsorships and such of course they are going to be a fake sellout shills. They need to suck up to those game Devs for that exclusive content. COH is a good con man, he deserves every penny. A good con man/woman will go far on twitch, you just have to put the time in, be able to act like you care about people and play on peoples emotions. A lot of people out there have no one, and if you just acknowledge them they feel better.

Iadien

Silver Knight of the Realm
Who the fuck cares if he's a sellout, he wasn't paid to stream that broadcast. If you listen to him talk he very clearly enjoys old school MMOs, and him showing the game off to thousands of people who would have never seen the game is a good thing.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Mechanics and world seem ok, but the characters and animations are a turn off atm - However id still play it, i hope that since its such an early build that the things that bother me are the last things they iron out

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
have not watched the video. have they discussed how itemization will be, tho? that was one of the best things about the first few EQ expansions...

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
Mechanics and world seem ok, but the characters and animations are a turn off atm - However id still play it, i hope that since its such an early build that the things that bother me are the last things they iron out
New characters and animations (and sounds-- they definitely need more combat sounds) will make a big difference assuming they do a significant overhaul, as they have indicated they will.

forehead

Trakanon Raider
They stated multiple times in the stream that the character models and animations are pre-alpha placeholders. Their focus is on gameplay mechanics first.

Laura

Lord Nagafen Raider
have not watched the video. have they discussed how itemization will be, tho? that was one of the best things about the first few EQ expansions...
This is exactly my first concern after watching their March stream. I went to their website and this is what's in their FAQ page:

"Our desire to bring back the value and personality of items drives our item design. This means that the frequency of upgrades will be slower and when you do get a new piece of gear not only will the experience be memorable but so will the item. We want you to collect your items and be able to remember their names. When you get that epic item or rare drop after an incredible dungeon crawl, we want you to be in awe of what you have accomplished and the reward that came from it. Items will be memorable, deserved, cherished, and desired."

They've also answered a few questions about itemization when someone asked if they're going to do that infamous Common, Uncommon, Rare...etc color coded items with levels. Brad said there are going to be item rarities (probably more like EverQuest's approach) but they most likely won't be color coded. I also recall them mentioning only named/bosses are going to drop stronger items and magical items will not appear until the mid levels (again, very EQ like). They also mentioned weapons/items that proc and clickies (in their FAQ).

From what I've collected; I believe they're going with an approach closest to EQ than WoW/Vanguard which is a HUGE plus for me. But I hope they don't get lazy and end up with an itemization system like every other MMO (prefix and suffix with item levels).

Oh, and "No Drop/No Trade" items are going to be the exception not the rule. In other words; we will see people selling valuable items like Fungi Tunic/etc. And again items are not going to be level restricted. Thank god for that.

Gamma Rays

Large sized member
2eLpD4z.gif

Dullahan

Golden Knight of the Realm
Agree with whats being said. Time is now for them to focus on models, animations and so forth. Thats where the money is imo. They have a handle on the combat and have already added some good things on top of the eq foundation, but people who aren't looking to replay EQ are going to click away when they see the lack of polish.

Thats the way crowdfunding works. Every update is an advertisement, and should be treated as such.

ps. posted a meme in honor of rerolled... No it wasn't one of bisi's fallen gifs.

Jait

Molten Core Raider
Well it's good to see Brad has got all the big ticket items out of the way.

It's like me saying I have a new restaurant coming soon and we've made some signs with all our money. I guess maybe you can all play his game on Pogo or something in 2047 when the assets are done and he realizes he still needs 40 million in hardware so more than six people can play at once.