No one posted these yet?

image.jpg

image.jpg

• 6Worf
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 6 users

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
That's real? Getting ahead of themselves, no? Why would you do that kind of advertising when you don't even have polished product? There's still far too much placeholder animations, etc in game. Someone sees an ad like that and gets curious and fires up one of their vids is going to think that's final product and never look at it again.

Just Brad things.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Laura

Lord Nagafen Raider
That's real? Getting ahead of themselves, no? Why would you do that kind of advertising when you don't even have polished product? There's still far too much placeholder animations, etc in game. Someone sees an ad like that and gets curious and fires up one of their vids is going to think that's final product and never look at it again.

Just Brad things.

Yeah, I was surprised when I saw that and I've heard they only did it for one bus stop. Why would you advertise for a game that will not come out for at least 1-2 years. That in-house made video and those bus-stop posters makes me think someone wants to play the "Hey I own a game studio company!" game.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
We've already seen't it ~

It depends on the advertisement space. Some spaces are relatively cheap, so much so that an individual can afford them. My city also provides simple advertising spaces like that for free to businesses in a certain tax bracket. The Better Business Bureau also has some perks like that as well. If its not city wide, then its not a campaign and its doubtful they paid for it. Just Brad, or whoever hes connected to taking advantage of the opportunity, I would imagine.

We can laugh and poke fun at the questionable format of the games advertising, but its apparent that by just being here that the advertisement is doing its job.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
How effective is it really though? I mean you drive eyeballs to their site someone's like oh shit a new MMO from the bus stop let me check this out. 10 minutes later you have watched a joke of a video presentation and some has been hack faggot shit talking his betters then you nope the fuck out forever. Money well spent, he still hasn't learned anything since the day that kickstarter launched.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
How effective is it really though? I mean you drive eyeballs to their site someone's like oh shit a new MMO from the bus stop let me check this out. 10 minutes later you have watched a joke of a video presentation and some has been hack faggot shit talking his betters then you nope the fuck out forever. Money well spent, he still hasn't learned anything since the day that kickstarter launched.

This is exactly what I was saying.

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
"watch the trailer"

ain't noone going to buy it after they do

wasn't this supposed to be a niche game? this is how you reach that audience?

money blown away, shocking surprise

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
But bro for only $14.99 a month you can post on our super leet beta forums and when the game does release "at a later date" you get free cloth map and jboots. You can't afford not to get in on this shit.

* at later date - is a trademark of Visonary Realms and is not a promise or commitment to ever release a fully functional game.

• 1Worf

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Putting out an ad like that speaks of someone who is listening way to much to all the cock-gobblers and yes men who praised the video. That video they made should not be enough to make you want to advertise like that, imo.

Last edited:

Fordrynn

N00b
Cool posters though. It would catch my interest, as a gamer. Weird timing, seeing as how you really only do this kind of advertising a month or two out from release.

• 1Picard
  • 1Solidarity

zhakran

<Banned>
If the posters were backed up by like....a game...with an imminent release date, yeah, I would say that is pretty cool. But they're not. They are directing to a site that alludes to maybe, hopefully, potentially getting started with alpha testing in 2017....and maaaaybe releasing a full game sometime in 2018. Which let's be honest, is wishful thinking. So you have to ask yourself, what the fuck is the point? Just get more suckers to donate $1000 for early access? I honestly don't know.

If they were going full hype machine and planning on ads like this popping up all over the world in some sort of marketing bonanza that was going to persist for the next 2ish years before presumably this game comes out, that would be interesting. I somehow doubt they have the funding for that, and if they do, they are fucking retarded and should spend that money on creating content and a game that doesn't suck infinite ass.

• 1Solidarity

Melvin

Blackwing Lair Raider
Were the posters put up in the same city as Visionary Realms World Headquarters Main VIP Executive Office Complex? Are they surrounding the bus stop that's closest to the Unemployment Office in said city? Just a hunch, but maybe Visionary Realms is cat-fishing for programmers and/or artists that are willing to work for peanuts if it gets them a "foot in the door at ground level" at a company with a "well known and historically successful" person like Brad McQ at the helm.

Jarek

Molten Core Raider
Damn I haven't checked this thread in a while and had to scroll back like a dozen fucking pages just to see that shitty trailer was the cause of all this ruckus?

Also, that EQNext Cat Dude was named Keeshar. I just wanted to make sure y'all never forget that. Fucking Keeshar.

So, that trailer is completely embarrassing in every way imaginable. It's like a parody of Pantheon that someone would make in an hour for the lulz. I thought it actually was just recut stream footage with a purposefully fake cheesy movie guy voiceover as a joke. Seriously I thought one of you idiot savants here made this as a joke.

Here's some advice from a nobody: If you're going to claim that art and animation is the last thing you're going to work on, then maybe don't make a trailer showing off your current, "temporary," and supremely shitty art and animation.

• 1Solidarity

Sevens

Log Wizard
Were the posters put up in the same city as Visionary Realms World Headquarters Main VIP Executive Office Complex? Are they surrounding the bus stop that's closest to the Unemployment Office in said city? Just a hunch, but maybe Visionary Realms is cat-fishing for programmers and/or artists that are willing to work for peanuts if it gets them a "foot in the door at ground level" at a company with a "well known and historically successful" person like Brad McQ at the helm.

Actually from what McQuaid said on Facebook they are like right across the street from the Convention center where they just had SDCC.

Edit: They were located between the train station and the convention center

• 1Like

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
HAHAHAHHA, I was curious after the dogshit teaser trailer and even the bus stop Cleveland steamer they dropped on everyone. It's so bad that even their loyal mindless drones on the Pantheon forums were like hey guys this shit sucks.

The reply from "Visionary Realms" is fucking golden. It's basically "Hey guys we did this 100% in house as like a joke haha. trust us with your cash we are better than that we super serious promise it's labeled as Pre-Alpha so we're totally cool - guys - wait come back - guys - oh shit., we'll here check out these awesome bus stop posters instead. - Pantheon forum goes, OMG that shit is awesome I want to masturbate to this game again for the next 2 pages."

Even when a couple of guys on the forums call it out for being dogshit, they are like well guy your opinion is wrong and you are stupid. We got like 17 likes and retweets on that shit.

Pantheon Forums - Check out our new promo video!

brad-mcquaid.jpg

• 2Worf

Genjiro

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Man, some of you have close to a thousand posts (or more) in this thread. Brad brings out the stalkers like no other in this industry lol.

Keep on keeping on, shit is amusing to read.

• 3Worf
  • 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
No one posted these yet?

image.jpg

image.jpg
That's pretty cool that they hung those posters up in the future bedrooms of the Pantheon devs.

Sorry please no salt me!!!

• 6Worf
  • 2Like
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 9 users

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Even a bad game has a few good months of PvP grief. I'll get my box price out of this one.

I wasn't going to play but realized I didn't want to miss the circus when it came to town.

My worry is it seems like too much ambition with the dual wielding battle wizard spec being in but many classes are unfinished. That said I liked the battle wizard concept. Reminds me of the blade Weaver casters from shadow bane and those were great.