Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Honestly, it shouldnt take you hours to get to a dungeon anymore. Thats the old skool mentality and the whole "its a part of the journey" thing is kind of played out. I was either alt tabbed out, running in a line with autorun on. Or I was watching TV. Nothing memorable happened unless a griffin swooped in and started kicking my ass, or similar. Nor am I on the side of just straight teleporting to the dungeon. I hope, and I already have a feeling that we'll have some kind of city to city transport that is, or almost is instant. That 3 hour trip to Odus is only cool when you read it in a book.

Which, if that is the case and we're TP'ing to druid rings, wizard circles, major cities, TP items, etc. then you should be getting to your objective within 10 minutes if I had to hazard a guess. Especially with mounts.
That may be old skool mentality but unless you want just another WoW clone it might be one of the things to consider. I remember figuring out how to get everywhere. It was pretty cool. I had all sorts of things memorized. I knew where to run to not get ganked by mobs in Kithcor at Night. I was very familiar with different bits of terrain. I still know most of the original EQ zones by heart just because I had to. I hope this game brings that back.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
I could probably run from Freeport to Qeynos with my eyes closed lol. What I do remember was making several runs and stopping at random places and chatting with people. Sometimes you would even see people with items you began striking up conversations about and where to find them. I don't want it to consume my entire sitting but I don't think it's much to ask for a group to get to their local port location and starting picking up people. It helps in the economy and community to have a travel system that is player dependent. It's not as much of a big deal any more but in early agnarr, you could do pretty decent porting people around. I also started some group such as Unrest knowing that some people were going in that same direction.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Hey, I knew how to get to ToV without aggroing shit as a Warrior, quickly. But I can remember logging off just because.. "meh, I cant find a port. Fuck it" plenty of times, too. I think we're all pretty close to the center of the decision, but off by just a hair. I dont think, at least I hope not, that anyone wants to spend 3 hours of their night running from one side of the world to the next. But most people arent asking for instant teleports too. A simple, major hub port system to get around continents, and then player and item ports to get you around in the more secluded areas.

All in all, this started based off group finder. If its just an LFG tool, Im fine. If its WoW's "Group Finder" then Im sad.

• 1Like

Dullahan

Golden Knight of the Realm
I remember so many times when I decided to go somewhere and ended up getting side tracked by something else. You run into someone and end up joining them doing something random like killing crag spiders in EK on the way to Freeport. Especially on PvP servers when you'd run into gankers lying in wait along the way. That is how a world should be. When you eliminate the need to travel in between, those situations do not occur and you end up with the game being reduced to insta travel hotspots.

There should always be alternatives. I never just logged out because I couldn't get to one place. Even if I could get there, nothing was guaranteed. There was always alternatives. I guess it's in how you look at it, but part of what made me excited when i played EQ was that you could expect the unexpected. Now it's just Burger king your way right away and the meat is shit and the bread is stale.

• 4Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Miele

Lord Nagafen Raider
I still play vanilla WoW on private servers, the game has changed a ton from 12 years ago. All I do in vanilla is running around, from place to place, pick up pre-quests scattered all over the world, do small chains, get to the last quest for each chain and finally go in the dungeon and complete the story behind. That I like, a lot to be honest. I still have to run (by feet mostly, for several levels), or ride and after the first time, can use gryphons/wyverns to do a good portion of the traveling distance, but I still have to get there on my own.
This is in my opinion better than Everquest, where without teleports (or SoW), traveling could be tiring, but also better than modern WoW, which is basically Diablo 4 in the Warcraft universe. Most other games are WoW-like, so it's ports everywhere.

Some LFG tool is required, absolutely required and with a tutorial on how to use it. I liked a lot the first LFG tool in EQ (PoP era if I remember correctly), but something not totally automated would be the best option. Exchanging a few words with someone before making a party is not the end of the world, right?

I like modern WoW too, absolutely love it, it's just no longer a true MMORPG, it's just another online game with matchmaking for groups of all sizes and shapes.

• 1Like

Srathor

Blackwing Lair Raider
Crowfall could be fun as shit. It has been quite fun at times over the last year. But it is still being made. It has also been frustrating as hell. But thems the breaks.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
It's purely for helping people find groups with people who are not just looking for a group, but that also share things in common like play style and play time

So there's going to be a description box and a checkbox for item level? Groundbreaking.

"Lower Upper GukSpiders Group needs Big Dick 940 equipped 1.5mil DPS+. Link PantheonProgress"

I'm already immersed.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
So there's going to be a description box and a checkbox for item level? Groundbreaking.

"Lower Upper GukSpiders Group needs Big Dick 940 equipped 1.5mil DPS+. Link PantheonProgress"

I'm already immersed.
Well to be fair, I was already doing that in EverQuest.

Dullahan

Golden Knight of the Realm

I'm already immersed.
Play style and time they play is not the same thing as class and level. Different words mean different stuff.

Sounds like they want to help players find others who share things in common. I don't know all the details, but i have heard things like playtime. Could also do stuff like like casual/moderate/hardcore or whether they're interested in lore or roleplay.

Someone that plays hardcore and is striving to reach max level and raid is probably not going to appreciate the casual guy who is interacting with every NPC, reading quest dialogue and talking about barshing and eatin gnomes.

• 1Worf

Khane

Got something right about marriage
You really have no idea what all that actually boils down to do you?

• 1Solidarity

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
That’s right, Dullahan, it’s more of a system looking to link players up that have common interest/play styles. We certainly don’t want a lobby game so please don’t worry about that.

Last edited:
  • 10Like
  • 1Salty
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 11 users

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Boy that's how long I haven't been in this thread, Convo did turn out to be a shill.

• 5Worf
Reactions: 4 users

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Appreciate the feedback. Positive and negative. Even more important to keep things real when you guys get into the game. Cheers.

• 3Like
  • 1Salty

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Boy that's how long I haven't been in this thread, Convo did turn out to be a shill.

I said that long ago =p

Actually though I was happy to see Convo Convo working there in the end. I might have some distaste for Brad but I am fully behind most of the tormented souls that post here.

• 2Like

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
For the record.. I actually bailed on this thread once I became more involved with the game. It wasn’t fair to everyone. I had fun in other threads... ;-) That’s ancient history now but just wanted to jump in and say thanks for all the conversation, feedback and lolz. I’m a proud member of the fallen.

• 3Like
  • 1Barf

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I said that long ago =p

Actually though I was happy to see Convo Convo working there in the end. I might have some distaste for Brad but I am fully behind most of the tormented souls that post here.

Sorry to steal your thunder :p Just haven't checked in a while. Just funny to see with all that previous, what is obviously now shilling, in this thread and turns out to be staff. :p

"Become more involved", so started out as just a poster on forums spouting the propaganda, did so well got a promotion(2500 post and counting, over double next person). Curious how many game companies employ people that like.

And yeah good he has a job, hard business to get into.

Just need variise to admit it now that he does/did the same thing for Star Citizen.

• 2Worf