Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

No game has ever engaged me like Everquest did. WoW is way too cartoony for me. I think EQ was a brilliantly designed game and believe Brad can do it again. I'm totally down for it taking longer to make to ensure his vision is realized. Much better than some publisher forcing out an unfinished product.

• 3Worf
  • 2EyeRoll
  • 1Repost
Reactions: 6 users

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
No game has ever engaged me like Everquest did. WoW is way too cartoony for me. I think EQ was a brilliantly designed game and believe Brad can do it again. I'm totally down for it taking longer to make to ensure his vision is realized. Much better than some publisher forcing out an unfinished product.

Welcome back, Brad, but you forgot to capitalize Vision (tm).

• 12Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 13 users

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>

1549745515868.gif

• 16Worf
Reactions: 15 users

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
Just, I can't...

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
His only vision is that of the top of gullible people's heads as they bob up and down on his half-flaccid micro-dick

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users
Designing a game that will encourage more player interaction via chat is all good to me. Not sure why you guys are hating, but I was stoked to find out about Pantheon. I tried playing EQ again and EQ2 recently, but I just want something fresh. I don't really like a game where I'm just pointed where to go the whole time... couldn't get into GW2 for the same reason. Also, actual interesting gameplay... having to be tactical about how you kill things, Enchanter, Bard, those are things I don't really have an interest in playing a game without.

• 2Worf
  • 2Seriously?
  • 1Repost
Reactions: 4 users

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Designing a game that will encourage more player interaction via chat is all good to me. Not sure why you guys are hating, but I was stoked to find out about Pantheon. I tried playing EQ again and EQ2 recently, but I just want something fresh. I don't really like a game where I'm just pointed where to go the whole time... couldn't get into GW2 for the same reason. Also, actual interesting gameplay... having to be tactical about how you kill things, Enchanter, Bard, those are things I don't really have an interest in playing a game without.

There's up to 2180 pages describing why we're "hating". But the core of the issue is that we've all been burned by this hack in the past.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users
Oh, alright... I can understand if you feel cheated if you funded EQ:Next. I don't really know anything about that, just that I think the crowd funding and not selling out to a publisher is going to make for a really great game. I've pledged for alpha access and look forward to helping find bugs with the game, so it is perfect at launch.

• 2Picard
  • 1Repost
  • 1WTF
Reactions: 3 users

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler

There's a difference between wanting a game like that and wanting Pantheon.

Also, EQ next has nothing to do with Pantheon or Brad...

• 3Like

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Oh, alright... I can understand if you feel cheated if you funded EQ:Next. I don't really know anything about that, just that I think the crowd funding and not selling out to a publisher is going to make for a really great game. I've pledged for alpha access and look forward to helping find bugs with the game, so it is perfect at launch.

Who's this clown that has a whole 3 posts all with the last few hours and all in the Pantheon thread?

giphy.gif

• 4Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 5 users

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Thanks for the clarification. Where did the burning come from, then?

Vanguard, probably. The early development of this game, too, I guess. You missed some sad moments, liking him stealing a bunch of money from his fellow devs.

I think people don't trust him as a leader and see him as a bit of a snake oil salesman.

• 3Like

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
Much better than some publisher forcing out an unfinished product.

Like what Brad caused to happen with Vanguard? He's got a 50% track record on squandering huge budgets on a game so badly some publisher had to force out an unfinished product.

Also, what would be worse then releasing an unfinished product early? I'd say starting to accept donations on a project when no work had even started on it yet. Oh yeah, Brad did that too with Pantheon's kickstarter.

But I guess I'm looking past the important things, like whether player interaction via chat is encouraged!

• 3Like

Lunis

Blackwing Lair Raider

Kill yourself.

• 2Like
  • 2Dislike
  • 1EyeRoll
Reactions: 4 users

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Don't let the salt get to you. We know damn well Pantheon is legit these American Inventors got bus stop signs. Dollar for dollar the best use of advertising dollars for a game that won't be released for a decade.

DFmvpn7V0AAVJ_c.jpg

DFWrfGEVwAAZ9ZL.jpg

• 5Worf
  • 1WTF
  • 1Like
Reactions: 6 users

Smithy

Trakanon Raider
There's up to 2180 pages describing why we're "hating". But the core of the issue is that we've all been burned by this hack in the past.
Were you a Microsoft shareholder or part of the dev team? I played beta and all it cost me was a few hours and an unreasonable portion of my hard drive.

• 2Solidarity
  • 2WTF
Reactions: 3 users