Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

shabushabu

Molten Core Raider
Its funny.. I was just asking myself, when did i stop coming to this thread for pantheon news but just wanted to see the new gifs u guys found. I am not sure !

• 2Solidarity
  • 2Like
Reactions: 3 users

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
We're fast approaching 6 years on this project.

I'm gonna laugh if this thread is still the same on Sep 9 2023

will be here desperately praying for anything that isnt another WoW expac or "classic" using legion values and a humongous melee hitbox when moving

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
Its funny.. I was just asking myself, when did i stop coming to this thread for pantheon news but just wanted to see the new gifs u guys found. I am not sure !

My motivation to visit this thread never changed.

Its just a different kind of disaster tourism now.

giphy.gif

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Vepil

Gamja
<Bronze Donator>
Some good gif's since my last visit. This thread is depressing without them.

Last edited:
  • 6Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 6 users

misery

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Oh wow I knew raktika greeatwood looked familiar. Looks like square just ripped off gfay

It did have a very similar feel. At least at first. After the quests in Rak'tika were finished it just became a glorified quest hub. No real reason to ever go back unless you just wanted to. I think that's one of the major flaws with FFXIV as it's a reoccurring theme. Never make amazing zones with no reason to be there or come back after the initial quests are over. After the leveling rush, some people quit and the others are funneled into one of the cities by the auction board and summoning bell or to their FC or personal house. To make matters worse, most players end up going to the same city and area. Makes the game feel like an instanced hub world.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Clasic WoW is going to compete with normal WoW and win. Then it will get all the funding and they'll bring out the xpacs and it'll either be the same tired shit or it will suck. and WoW will finally die by the real WoW killer. Itself.

Right about that time, Pantheon might or might not launch.

View attachment 214517

Jesus Fuck if any of that is true ROFL. Herp derp we failed so hard at announcing the next Diablo as a mobile game that we decided to crunch Diablo 4 into a Destiny like shooter. They must be pants on head fucking retarded if that is the case.

I honest to god would lose my shit if that's what my leadership told me. Wait wait wait. So, our diehard fans who have been playing Diablo for 20+ years as an Action RPG ( a genre we basically defined) bitched because we threw them a money sucking faggot mobile game. Now your plan is to not only not give them an action RPG, which is the only thing they want, but rape the series into a.... shooter modeled after Destiny. Do you hear yourself fucking talk?

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Trying to turn every single game you make into an E-sport not working out for you? You don't say!

Never understood why they focused so much on that.

After reading all that it almost makes me want to try out FFXIV lol

It all goes back to Brood War. By just making a good game that people really loved they inadvertently created an actual generation defining cultural phenomenon in Korea. One that they had zero control over for a variety of reasons. They know exactly how much they lost out on with that. For the next 20 years they thought they would get ahead of it and ensure they wouldn't be left out of the loop if it ever happened again. Hence why SC2 and all future games were designed in such a way that they would always have control. Which also evolved into a strategy where they believed they could force such a phenomenon to happen.

This went about as well as you might expect because in SC2 they hogtied so much of the multiplayer that Battle.Net in SC2 was significantly worse than the basic IRC structure used in Brood War and Warcraft 3. Even the use map settings culture was strangled by their idiotic marketplace map setup. Which is what created multiple new genres of billion dollar franchises (DOTA, Madness, Tower Defense, etc). All of which they utterly failed to capture any of and killed off any additional future in SC2. Ever wonder why very few SC2 maps became hugely popular by comparison? No LAN play, shitty used map settings marketplace/trending bullshit rather than organic popularity and a battle.net that you couldn't even enter chatrooms in like you could in WC3 and BW.

Then we roll into the rest of their games this past decade. So you force ESPORTS HERP DERP into everything. Esports wasn't expected originally for Hearthstone but it happened organically and then they fucked that up too. Letting cancerous decks run for years and years because of their analysis paralysis in changing anything live. Really killed the mood for the casual player who you actually need to support the top Esports of the game. Then to Overwatch and so on.

The talent at Blizzard simply isn't there anymore.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

goishen

Macho Ma'am
I think the talent is still there, it's just that they've been indoctrinated to the idea that people should rain cash down on them as they walk down the street.

And the entire esports thing... Meh. I think that they're forgetting how bad it sucks to have a whole bunch of someone's gang rape you. I understand their position of "git gud", but I don't have all of my waking hours to spend staring at a screen and improving my hand-eye coordination, like little 13 yo Johnny does.

Is it exciting? Yeh, sure. Does it suck ass when you're being gang raped until you have 0:30 Kill/Death ratio? Oh yes. Most definitely. Blizzard is riding on the highs of esports, and is completely discounting the fact that the lows even exist, much less that they are even there.