Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
Has Brad been contacted for an AMA?

The EQ AMA went great, and this thread is more popular then all EQ ones combined.

Pretty sure Nirgon Nirgon can mail him a reward package if needed

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 2 users

Noble Savage

Kang of Kangz
<Bronze Donator>
Didn't we have an AMA with the pantheon devs? I seem to recall a situation where we wanted to pool together like 10k for a pledge so we could design a boss fight. I believe @a_skeleton_03 reached out to the Devs and we were rejected. I thought they did a mini AMA for us instead and it provided no additional information lol. I smoke alot of weed so there is a good chance this may not have happend at all.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
What are ya, new?

gzQ5DlV.gif

• 1Like

gLobal

Trakanon Raider
Their first 'Video Newsletter' came out. A little cringe inducing with how they talk, but they revealed supposed racial traits.

Humans

A People Inspired - Increases melee, ranged and spell haste by 2%

Wanderlust - Grants a bonus to faction gain with neutral factions. Also, increases experience gained through exploration.

Shield Specialization - Increases shield mastery skill by 10 points

Thronfastian Charm - Increases the effectiveness of skills & abilities modified by charisma

Humans will have an advantage against the alarmist disposition.

Elves (General)

Lucent Ancestry - Grants Innate resistance to nature magic and increases the effectiveness of nature abilities

Nimble - Increases the effectiveness of skills & abilities modified by agility

Elves will have an advantage against the Truesight disposition

- Ashen Elves -

Deep recitation - Grants an innate 20% chance to resist spell interruptions and counterspell abilties

Sagacious - Ashen elves gain extra spell rating from each point of wisdom

- Ember Elves -

Unflinching - Grants an innate 20% chance to resist knockdown and knockback abilties

Deftness - Grants extra attack rating from each point of dexterity

Halflings

Wild Mind - This grants innate resistance to charm and mesmerize effects

Dagger Specialization - This increases dagger skill by 10 points

The Fire of Youth - This grants a bonus to the effect of consumables

Wraith Hunters - This grants a bonus to damage inflicted against wraith targets

Halflings ill have an advantage against the Deranged disposition

Dwarves

Fortitude - Dwarves gain extra hit points from each point of stamina

Grip of the Dwarven Father - Grants Immunity to Disarm

Ice and Stone - Innate bonus to cold resistance, frigid and toxic accimation

Mountain-forged - Increases blunt weaponry skills by 10 points

Dwarves will have an advantage against the Avenging disposition

Archai

Living Reservoir - Mana-drain effects are reduced by X%

Effervescent - Immune to effects that drain endurance

Elemental Attunement - Grants a bonus to the effectiveness of elemental-based abilities based on attnement (fire, water, wind, earth)

Natural Acclimation - Innate bonus to acclimation score based on elemental attunement: fire = sorching, water = frigid, wind = windshear, earth = toxic

Archai will have an advantage against the Playful disposition

Gnomes

Incantation Mastery - Grants an innate 20% chance to resist silence

Enigmatic Brilliance - Gnomes gain extra mana from each point of intelligence

Ethereal Being - Increases dodge chance by 3%

Constant Scholar - Increases the rate at which skills improve

Gnomes will have an advantage against the Mastermind disposition

Skar

Long-suffering - Increases maximum health by 5%

Fear of the Nine God - Grants an innate 20% resistance to fear effects

Pack-hunter - Increases movement speed up to a maximum of 5% whin in range of skar group members

Skar will have an advantage against the Predatory disposition

Ogres

Broken Maw's Grit - Ogres gain extra attack rating from each point of strength

Staggering Strength - Increases critical damage by 5%

Battle-hardened - Grants and innate 25% chance to resist non-magical stun effects. This becomes 100% immunity to non-magical stuns during battle trance (active)

Ogres will have an advantage against the Bloodthirsty disposition

Dark Myr

Vestige of Syronai - Grants underwater breathing and increased swim speed

Perceptive - Increases insight skill by 10 points

Embittered Psyche - Increases both stealth effectiveness and awareness by 10 points

Born of Deep Waters - Grants an innate bonus to anaerobic and pressure acclimation

Dark Myr will have an advantage against the Cunning disposition

• 1Cringe

Siliconemelons

Ehh too much on racial imo that will drive X class to Y and Z races vs it being open and racial things being a nice bonus or niche thing.

Straight up 5% more HP or more HP per STA is why would a tank be anything but, same with the attack ones and caster stuff etc.

• 1Dislike

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Ehh too much on racial imo that will drive X class to Y and Z races vs it being open and racial things being a nice bonus or niche thing.

Straight up 5% more HP or more HP per STA is why would a tank be anything but, same with the attack ones and caster stuff etc.

I cant believe you're asking for homogenization in another game. Like.. wtf is wrong with you? I dont think this game is going to come out anytime soon, if at all, but the racials look to have at least had some thought put into them. Each race having something that makes them unique, more powerful than another race in a given scenario - but not totally ruling them out in all scenarios. Using the tank for example -

Human - Shield Specialization - Increases shield mastery skill by 10 points
Elves - Nimble - Unflinching - Grants an innate 20% chance to resist knockdown and knockback abilities (More Damage = Less Damage Taken)
Halfings - The Fire of Youth - This grants a bonus to the effect of consumables (Additional HP healed over another race)
Dwarves - Fortitude - Dwarves gain extra hit points from each point of stamina
Archai - Resists against Drains, giving more damage than a comparable tank in that situation. Resists against elements, taking less damage in those situations.
Gnomes - Ethereal Being - Increases dodge chance by 3%
Skar - Long-suffering - Increases maximum health by 5%
Ogres - As a polar opposite, if you play a Shaman - you have stun immunity and an increase on critical damage as a whole to balance out with other races that are casters.
Dark Myr - Embittered Psyche - Increases both stealth effectiveness and awareness by 10 points (Awareness decreases the chance you'll bit critted, supposedly).

I feel like Im defending the game, but Im not. Im defending the concept that its ok to have a GD Ogre be a better tank than a fucking high elf. People shouldnt believe that a faggot waving a rubber dildo around, wearing wings on his back, prancing down the street, is going to be a great soldier, either.

• 1Like

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Dark Myr looks good

Progress continues

Lol at this tho:

Blizztard Incorporated with the censorship. They should add that u can suck Lebron/Xi's dick to the ban/suspend messages.

EfhEUut.jpg

Down with McDonalds MMO, all hail Brad

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Pharone

Trakanon Raider
I cant believe you're asking for homogenization in another game. Like.. wtf is wrong with you? I dont think this game is going to come out anytime soon, if at all, but the racials look to have at least had some thought put into them. Each race having something that makes them unique, more powerful than another race in a given scenario - but not totally ruling them out in all scenarios. Using the tank for example -

Human - Shield Specialization - Increases shield mastery skill by 10 points
Elves - Nimble - Unflinching - Grants an innate 20% chance to resist knockdown and knockback abilities (More Damage = Less Damage Taken)
Halfings - The Fire of Youth - This grants a bonus to the effect of consumables (Additional HP healed over another race)
Dwarves - Fortitude - Dwarves gain extra hit points from each point of stamina
Archai - Resists against Drains, giving more damage than a comparable tank in that situation. Resists against elements, taking less damage in those situations.
Gnomes - Ethereal Being - Increases dodge chance by 3%
Skar - Long-suffering - Increases maximum health by 5%
Ogres - As a polar opposite, if you play a Shaman - you have stun immunity and an increase on critical damage as a whole to balance out with other races that are casters.
Dark Myr - Embittered Psyche - Increases both stealth effectiveness and awareness by 10 points (Awareness decreases the chance you'll bit critted, supposedly).

I feel like Im defending the game, but Im not. Im defending the concept that its ok to have a GD Ogre be a better tank than a fucking high elf. People shouldnt believe that a faggot waving a rubber dildo around, wearing wings on his back, prancing down the street, is going to be a great soldier, either.
While I completely agree that normalization is a very bad thing in a RPG, I have to say that the Ogre being the only race to have stun immunity in Everquest (originally ... through AAs, any race can get stun immunity now as a tank) was a mistake because you either played an Ogre as a tank, or you played a tank that was worthless. It was too overpowering of a racial for a single race. They should have made it so that the other races who could play a tank class at least had a way to gain stun immunity through accomplishments in the game or something (which they ultimately did MANY, MANY years later).

Personally, I don't think that anybody should have 100% immunity to anything. I think that anytime you make a game mechanic completely resistable 100% of the time, you have effectively removed that game mechanic out of the game. In my opinion, Ogres should have had a greater base chance of resisting stun, but all races should have been able to obtain some level of stun resistance as a tank class, and none should ever be able to get to 100% stun resistance ever.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Ways to gain AA for other essential racial stuff is a good way offset the non min maxxers who wanna snow flake

2h bash is another good example

koadic

Golden Knight of the Realm
I know it would be abused as all hell, but I really enjoyed the sense of presence/mass in EQ. The fact that you couldn't go straight through another toon always seemed to me to add something to the game. Now all games let you run right through other people or bad guys without a nudge of your character. I realize that the tech involved may be laborious and, as I stated, it was sometimes abused but I would still like to see that make a come back.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
they uploaded like 5 videos today:

This is a video of all the clips together + commentary
(edit, guess this was posted above? Can't see cause that link goes to twitter or something, here's the Youtube link though for people @ work!)

Last edited:
  • 1Repost

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
While I completely agree that normalization is a very bad thing in a RPG, I have to say that the Ogre being the only race to have stun immunity in Everquest (originally ... through AAs, any race can get stun immunity now as a tank) was a mistake because you either played an Ogre as a tank, or you played a tank that was worthless. It was too overpowering of a racial for a single race. They should have made it so that the other races who could play a tank class at least had a way to gain stun immunity through accomplishments in the game or something (which they ultimately did MANY, MANY years later).

Personally, I don't think that anybody should have 100% immunity to anything. I think that anytime you make a game mechanic completely resistable 100% of the time, you have effectively removed that game mechanic out of the game. In my opinion, Ogres should have had a greater base chance of resisting stun, but all races should have been able to obtain some level of stun resistance as a tank class, and none should ever be able to get to 100% stun resistance ever.

Tons of people played tanks that were anything but Ogres. Furor played a Barbarian Warrior for example. Comparing racials without how they will work in tandem with the game world is a little bit of a circle jerk, anyways. It was ultimately the philosophy behind the designs that changed to where playing Trolls, Ogres, etc. was not a hindrance anymore. Which sounds like that is the freshest thing in your mind. I played an Ogre and could barely operate inside of Solusek, much less a bunch of other places. Getting stuck on a god damn door in Hate for example and getting butt fked by the thing you pulled, plus the 15 pats that all immediately start walking your way as if they knew you was stuck.

The game, whether by design or not, made you as an Ogre seek out a Mask of the Deceiver - which they removed as a sign of their mistake. Or wait until an Amulet of Necropotence was going to rot and use that, repeating their mistake and standing by it this time. But what Ive always thought was interesting was .. that shit?... it is Alternate Advancement. The game didnt need some task list added to it so you could get Frontal Stun Immunity on your Wood Elf Warrior. The game gave you content in the form of making you seek out some item that gave you that ability. Which would have been vastly more entertaining than that check list of shit required to raid.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
I've noticed that you can definitely over engineer race/class equivalency in RPGs to the point that choice of race/class starts to feel pointless. It's not a bad thing for some races to lend themselves to certain classes (or playstyles)- in fact, it's a good thing. I think where you draw the line is if one race has such a huge advantage over the other races for a certain class that you'd be stupid to play any other race, then you've gone too far.

• 1Like

ardesco

Trakanon Raider
Chunky dude was solid as a host, but the guy with the schnozz is so uncomfortable on camera, it makes me uncomfortable watching it.

You probably live in your mom's basement and your calling out a game devs as uncomfortable? Dude, shut the fuck up. As soon as you put out a game, let us all know.

• 4Salty
  • 3Hodjing
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 13 users