Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
You mean leave mod rods on the ground. Those were the days.

I like how you mentioned a fond EQ memory and not a ActiBlizztard era WoW one :)

Man! This one time in cataclysm!

Said no one, ever.

• 1GreNeg
Reactions: 1 user

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
That video was pretty good but at 5 years, they need to start showing a lot more if they want to garner real interest or belief. There needs to be some new zones shown...maybe not playable but shown. It would be nice to see something epic somewhere in the game. A roaming frost giant in the distance or maybe a giant dragon uncurling from a massive tree? Something more epic than a 6 man group beating on random spiders and humanoids for a few hours. Something more than climbing a wall which old 2D platformers used as WOW moments 3 decades ago.

I give them credit for a playable zone with functional EQ type combat and graphics. There just needs to be so much more in 2019. That Copernicus trailer looked awesome. They were showing off their WORLD. Places you would be able to adventure and explore in. EQ, decades ago, said, "you're in our world now". Everything these developers are doing is wrong. You can't sell a world with a couple play-thrus in a couple zones. You can't sell a game to investors when this is all you have. If they ever want to get there, they need to start showing a bigger picture(if they have one). If they don't, this has been a horrible waste of time for most of them. That one developer who left already figured it out. He was done wasting time.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

xzi

Mouthbreather
tbf the last several gameplay streams have shown a lot of different zones, (by last I mean over the last 2 years lol) there was that big fuck tower place, the actual city itself, some plains on a hillside, and some giant dungeon cave system. Not sure where the autists got the idea that they've only shown off one zone the last several years.

They did mention on the stream they have new zones to show but they're not allowed to at the moment, whatever that means. Given how game dev works, texturing and animations are usually pretty much the last thing to happen so not wanting to show off giant gray blobs everywhere is pretty rational, but I think greyboxing is interesting when there's a clear start->finish

• 1Like

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Multiple zones, functional mechanics, great graphics, fun climbing

Praise it

• 1GreNeg

Zaide

TLP Idealist
They’ve shown the following zones on stream or in videos on YouTube.

Thronefast
Avendyrs Pass
Black Rose Keep
Wilds End
Halnir Cave
Tower of the Reckless Magician
South Saol
Amberfaet

There are two zones we know of from dev diaries / newsletters which have not been shown as well.

The zones seem much larger than EQ zones (they should be, given the 20+ years between release), for perspective Thronefast looks like Qeynos, Qeynos Hills and Qeynos Aqueducts merged into one large zone. Avendyrs Pass is like the Karanas merged with Eastern Wastes and Halnir Cave is like if Blackburrow and Paw were one dungeon.

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Multiple zones, functional mechanics, great graphics, fun climbing

Praise it

Amen

tenor (9).gif

• 4Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 4 users

gLobal

Trakanon Raider
Decided to check back in, and read the December newsletter. They actually provided a rundown of where they're at. I appreciate that.
Of the systems completed for PA5 (with varying degrees of polish and tuning), we offer a Chat System; Basic Climbing; Atmospheres; Climates and Acclimation; Perception; Basic Travel tools (like binding and gating); all classes are currently playable; world and player persistence (this creates the ever-living world regardless if you are online or offline); a basic pet system; basic crafting and harvesting; unique NPC Behaviors and Dispositions; a further-refined UI; a faction system; and an updated combat and resource system.

What’s left before we open up PA5? This list is a lot shorter. The living codex that governs the spell and ability system is in progress. We are refining and tuning some of the above listed systems, something that will continue through Alpha and Beta. Apart from that, it’s mostly content work -- finishing up zone areas (Faerthale has several play spaces, the last of which is currently under construction) adding population, itemization, more quests and storylines.

The was one additional tidbit that caught my eye.
Within the last month alone, and as of this writing, we've done 296 new game builds.
I'm not sure how builds are incremented in their environment, but doesn't that seem like a fluffed kind of number? Are they counting every single time they commit changes as a new build?

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Jorren

Maximum Derek
<Bronze Donator>
I'm not sure how builds are incremented in their environment, but doesn't that seem like a fluffed kind of number? Are they counting every single time they commit changes as a new build?

I am figuring they are counting every commit. Assuming they have a QA department, there is no way they are getting much testing done otherwise.