Bronze Baron of the Realm
giphy (31).gif

• 3Worf
  • 3Like
Reactions: 5 users

uniqueuser

Vyemm Raider
Has better graphics than WoW.
Only if by "better" you mean higher poly count and texture resolution; by every other measure that actually matters they don't surpass EQ, let alone WoW.

In screenshots, Pantheon has that generic plastic quality typical of indie efforts trying to rival those of the big studios (even the latter often have trouble with this). In motion it's even worse: character animations are wooden and the combat looks ludicrously stilted and canned, partly because they're trying to represent archaic game mechanics with modern visuals, but mostly because they're just bad.

I don't know why more art directors can't accept the fact that increasing graphical realism always requires increasingly realistic animation. They either walk hand-in-hand or fall down the uncanny valley.
b5d16d803bde57ca9077014e0ccaece0.gif

• 4Like
  • 2WTF
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 6 users

xzi

Mouthbreather
stream up and they're going through a new zone, looks so much better now goddamn

• 7Like
Reactions: 6 users

xzi

Mouthbreather
Small point bu something I'm stoked about - they just said that as your climbing skill increases the more surfaces/harder ledges you can grab on. Which is fucking rad to me as someone who has spent an insane amount of hours exploring in WoW/Guild Wars.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Zaide

TLP Idealist
Good to see a few new zones with original (non unity store) assets. I assume we'll see some more lighting passes but overall it looked pretty nice.

Climate effects during the encounter shown around 50-55 mins looked pretty cool.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Good to see a few new zones with original (non unity store) assets. I assume we'll see some more lighting passes but overall it looked pretty nice.

Climate effects during the encounter shown around 50-55 mins looked pretty cool.

So they have one zone and uh vaporware and uh graphics bad game bad?

Ok.

[Insert normie tier falldown gif]

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Things did look better in that video and it is a new area. I can admit that. Still kind of boring over all but I never get a lot out of gameplay videos. Isn't this streamer kind of famous? Really low number of views on that video.

Not that you falling down on their dick wouldn't have happened anyway.

giphy.gif

Last edited:
  • 4Worf
Reactions: 3 users