Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Things did look better in that video and it is a new area. I can admit that. Still kind of boring over all but I never get a lot out of gameplay videos. Isn't this streamer kind of famous? Really low number of views on that video.

Not that you falling down on their dick wouldn't have happened anyway.

giphy.gif
That might be my favorite fallen gif yet.

I flipped through the stream. The areas do look pretty good. Nice work Pantheon team.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
Isle of Infinite Storm looks pretty fucking cool. Gotta give credit where credit is due. Wish they had more of a team and funding to get this game finished in a more timely manner.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Mat'hir Uth Gan

Trakanon Raider
Who knows when this damn thing will release, if ever, but I have to imagine that if they use Project Faerthale as a demo or even to lead a new kickstarter fund drive, they should get some bites. Zero chance this gets released without significantly more funding, but they do at least appear to have some competent people in their ragtag group. Hope it gets made. Kind of feels like Chris Perkins is just some random dude that could be from this forum and somehow became the guy in charge of this game, and I think it's both hilarious and awesome that he's doing a good job.

• 1Like

Sevens

Log Wizard
Who knows when this damn thing will release, if ever, but I have to imagine that if they use Project Faerthale as a demo or even to lead a new kickstarter fund drive, they should get some bites. Zero chance this gets released without significantly more funding, but they do at least appear to have some competent people in their ragtag group. Hope it gets made. Kind of feels like Chris Perkins is just some random dude that could be from this forum and somehow became the guy in charge of this game, and I think it's both hilarious and awesome that he's doing a good job.
Actually that is exactly what Joppa is, I remember when he first started posting on the Pantheon forums asking about if they would like him to make some music for the game. A bunch of us posters told him to contact Brad and the rest is history.

• 2Like

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Looks like a step in the right direction.

Completely disagree. There have been way too many words lately and we have all lost focus of what this thread is truly about.

• 2Worf
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

ili

Blackwing Lair Raider
Why are they wasting time on end game, raid, content. Seems like their focus is all over the place.

• 1Solidarity

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
My initial impressions of that stream:
  • They have some good ideas
  • The areas shown look real tiny.
  • Visuals make it look like an EQ expansion.
  • I wish they weren't using Unity.
These things in mind, I just don't see how this game fares well with today's gaming culture.

And the fact it took so long to develop these few tiny spaces is not very promising.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Leon

<Silver Donator>
It's not catering to today's gaming culture, which means it will most likely have a niche die hard fanbase, but very small.

The game animations just put me way off, too clunky so far.

Flobee

Vyemm Raider
If Pantheon manages to be good, or even just release and be decent, watching the 180 this forum will make is going to be fun. They're trying to make exactly what we're always moaning about wanting. I'm personally rooting for them and am glad to see they're finally able to show some progress. Hopefully they start getting players in soon so we can get an idea of whether or not its going to float.

*falling intensifies*

• 1Like

Leon

<Silver Donator>
I'm also rooting for them cause why want them to fail? But i won't play it. EQ is my old man MMO graveyard and i ain't got time to invest in a brand new game nowadays.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like

Zaide

TLP Idealist
Why are they wasting time on end game, raid, content. Seems like their focus is all over the place.

The goal of Project Faerthale was to demonstrate a complete vertical slice of the game. So in the several zones which are part of the project they will supposedly have content from character creation, to newbie zones, quests, cities, dungeons and finally a high end “raid” zone.

I think if it as like Neriak/Nektulous/Lavastorm/Sola/solb in EQ. A small geographic region that contains every element of EQ gameplay and has content that allows players to go from creation to max level and even boasts a raid target (Nagafen) at the end.

Ideally this allows them to take the completed Project Faerthale and go to investors saying “this is our game, this is how it feels to play Pantheon in every respect, the only remaining thing is to expand content horizontally “

• 7Like
Reactions: 6 users

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
From reactions here I thought the stream would be more... "impressive"? There is still just an insane amount of stuff to do, then again I don't make games. There is no way this ever gets done unless they land some legitimate funding, right? I hope they pull it off, but the track record of this genre is severely against them.

Brad jokes aside, is there enough actual experience/talent on the team to actual finish a game now that he is not involved?

• 1Like

Sevens

Log Wizard
From reactions here I thought the stream would be more... "impressive"? There is still just an insane amount of stuff to do, then again I don't make games. There is no way this ever gets done unless they land some legitimate funding, right? I hope they pull it off, but the track record of this genre is severely against them.

Brad jokes aside, is there enough actual experience/talent on the team to actual finish a game now that he is not involved?
by the time of his death Brad had become nothing more than the "face" of the company...watch any of the interviews with him and Chris Perkins and you can see it was Chris that was in charge and leading the game. If this game ever gets made it is 100% because of Chris Perkins

• 2Like

Khane

Got something right about marriage
That was always going to be the case, and it was apparent from the failed Kickstarter. If this game ever got made it was going to be in spite of Brad, not because of him.

• 3Like
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 3 users

yamikazo

Trakanon Raider

Duh. Two big reasons why:

1) They don't have anyone with experience managing a project of this scope and shipping a game. Their staff consists of a bunch of true believing volunteer hobbyists and laid-off games employees filling a gap in their resume while they can't find paying work.

2) They're relying on crowdfunding. In order to generate what little funds they have coming in, they have to constantly show off a new morsel to a new audience to wow them into giving them money for a project that still hasn't released a single zone in pre-alpha in 8 years. Instead of laying down the foundation for a game, they're chasing their next infusion of cash by showing off a new trick each time.

That said, maybe they'll prove to the world that a small group of nobodies can go into a cave for 20 years and produce a game designed for an audience from 2004 to some modicum of financial and design success.

• 3Picard