Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
if-an-idiot-fails-in-the-forest-and-no-one-is-around-does-it-still-make-an-ooph-15-gifs-12.gif

• 4Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
To be honest you can pretty much blame the failed Kickstarter on us just as much as them. We did a pretty good job of tanking that shit.

I really hope that pledging $10k and pulling it wasn’t what eventually made Brad OD though.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Dislike
Reactions: 1 users

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
To be honest you can pretty much blame the failed Kickstarter on us just as much as them. We did a pretty good job of tanking that shit.

I really hope that pledging $10k and pulling it wasn’t what eventually made Brad OD though.

Actually pledging it would have got him closer to the OD than denying it did.

• 2Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 2 users

Khane

Got something right about marriage

Uh... the kickstarter was a joke, it was thrown together in what seemed like maybe 5 minutes with very little info and the most idiotic stretch goals. Nobody tanked it. It barely made half of the 800k it was asking for (which wouldn't even have been close to enough to make the game either).

• 4Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 4 users

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
Uh... the kickstarter was a joke, it was thrown together in what seemed like maybe 5 minutes with very little info and the most idiotic stretch goals. Nobody tanked it. It barely made half of the 800k it was asking for (which wouldn't even have been close to enough to make the game either).

Yeah, if a site this small tanked a 'game', then that game wasn't ever coming out. a_skeleton_03 and his delusions of grandeur...

iu

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Yeah, if a site this small tanked a 'game', then that game wasn't ever coming out. a_skeleton_03 and his delusions of grandeur...

iu
Oh they had a ton of issues. I think we, the community, had a large role though.

I thought that I remember that they were trending to meet their goal until we started bashing it hard.

07A5E32A-841D-49E2-8D6B-5FFFB119A0CF.png

My troll had very little, if any, impact on the grand scheme. I was just joking about it and Brad killing himself. No inflated ego on this topic.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
Oh they had a ton of issues. I think we, the community, had a large role though.

I thought that I remember that they were trending to meet their goal until we started bashing it hard.

View attachment 252631

My troll had very little, if any, impact on the grand scheme. I was just joking about it and Brad killing himself. No inflated ego on this topic.

Lol, I'm glad your back.... troll. I enjoyed it at the time and it brings fond memories.

Last edited:

zinc_turtle

Trakanon Raider
I am interested in the animations for the new models. I hope the scar move like an animal and less like a human.
Looks like they're going down the Vanguard path on this one. Throw a different head on a model that is 95% human and call it a new race. When you compare the Skar with the Skar.. I'm not personally convinced they're realizing their style or artistic "vision".

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
The characters might not look great but I don't think this is an issue at all.
One main problem is that these are likely Substance renders and not Unity renders. Once in-game they are going to look much different (worse probably, but can also mask imperfections/silliness).
Also they aren't clothed/armored.
Hair/Clothing can make a big difference in appeal.

I will say that having a diverse set of races to play is one of the few strong appeals with the MMO genre, so kudos to them for creating a unique set. Personally the Dark Myr & rock race look pretty good. Skar looks silly - mainly the face, armored might look like a badass though.

It does take a lot of work, even if they are using a humanoid base (which most teams do, nobody creates a humanoid from scratch anymore).

I am still very concerned about almost everything else they've shown.

Mat'hir Uth Gan

Trakanon Raider
Thought the three remaining model reveals were pretty good. I'm kind of getting a little faith restored with this recent reveal push. I like all the things they are doing, I just don't like the pace at which they are doing them. It does seem like things are speeding up a tad now since they restructured the team. The new lead programmer guy in particular seems to be simply better than the old one. Now, if they can just get the animations to be in the ball park of acceptable. Anyway, had my hammer ready, but not quite ready to put the nail in the coffin yet, might even set it back in the toolbox for a bit and see what the next half year brings.

Coleslaw

Blackwing Lair Raider
Wonder how close the game would be to being released if the fuzzy troll devs were still at the helm

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Skarr in the dark... oooOOOOoooohhh.

Hahahaha. These updates kill me.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user