Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

TBT-TheBigToe

Gemcutter
<Gold Donor>
They are showing off the Dire Lord right now.

GET IN HERE!

Oh, how embarrassing
giphy.gif

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Bobbybick

Trakanon Raider
Dire Lord in pre-alpha already feels like it has ability bloat, the incoming ranged attack shield especially seems redundant. In a parallel universe where this game ever actually released I guarantee there would be some major oversight with Bloodfiend(cure a debuff and inflict it on a nearby enemy) + Splatter (Spread detrimental on an enemy to 4 more enemies) allowing some dumb AE god scenario.

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Every time they show this game, it looks less polished, further from being done, and that they accidently deleted half of their assets and replaced them with place holders.

How? Why?

I swear, the game has taken 10 steps back from where they were 3 years ago. Again, I ask... How? Why?

I'm not sure if I'd even play this game if they just game it to me for free at this point. It is barely worth my time of even click on this thread or skip through their Twitch vods.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Metalhead

Blackwing Lair Raider
Every time they show this game, it looks less polished, further from being done, and that they accidently deleted half of their assets and replaced them with place holders.

How? Why?

I swear, the game has taken 10 steps back from where they were 3 years ago. Again, I ask... How? Why?

I'm not sure if I'd even play this game if they just game it to me for free at this point. It is barely worth my time of even click on this thread or skip through their Twitch vods.

Sir you just do not understand the mass commercial appeal that climbing will bring this game.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Dracula's Crew

Molten Core Raider
Some interesting tidbits on the Pantheon Discord. Joppa seems to be a little fiery after some users were talking about VR taking too long to publish.

"Joppa 💚Yesterday at 10:29 PM
If the PA4 version of Pantheon was literally the apex of what you envisioned Pantheon to be, I'm not sure there's more conversation to be had. The game was woefully broken with no real way out, we were headed straight for Vanguard 2.0. We did what we had to do to not repeat history."

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
Some interesting tidbits on the Pantheon Discord. Joppa seems to be a little fiery after some users were talking about VR taking too long to publish.

If the PA4 version of Pantheon was literally the apex of what you envisioned Pantheon to be, I'm not sure there's more conversation to be had. The game was woefully broken with no real way out, we were headed straight for Vanguard 2.0. We did what we had to do to not repeat history."

And yet the exact same people are making the 'improvements' on that woefully broken game. Hilarious. I wonder if he realizes just how bad that sounds.

zinc_turtle

Trakanon Raider

Good god, the pride and arrogance of such a statement! What significant difference has been demonstrated publicly, zone/world-geometry-content aside, from PA1 until now? NOTHING.
The combat loop is the only remotely working in-game system demonstrated to date, and it's identical from 2017/PA1 until 2020/PA5.
What they showed in the 2017 videos is the same as the 2020 videos.
If the combat loop was woefully broken in 2017, it's woefully broken in 2020, because.. yes.. it's the SAME.
WTF Chris? What the fuck did you change from then until now? Climbing? That's what's going to avoid Vanguard 2.0? Your BOTW hard-on? smh.
You've now had twice as long as it took to make EQ1 and you have sweet fuck all to show for it. Congratulations on burning 6 years of donation money. /golfclap

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

dizzie

Triggered Happy

This just reads like "we don't know what the hell we are doing and haven't done from the start".

giphy - Copy.gif

Last edited:
  • 2Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Mat'hir Uth Gan

Trakanon Raider
Project Faerthale was a straight up reboot. The third or fourth one now. This "version" of the game has been in development for two years. It's going to be in development until 2025 in a best case scenario. How the hell they have gotten enough funding over the years to continually trash the progress and restart is beyond me. Some of the pre-alpha folks are optimistic with the new version of the game, so there's that. I'm not sure anyone thinks it's going to ever launch though.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Scrapping the game to focus on climbing is such fucking trash. I’ve been playing through Witcher 3 lately and I vastly prefer running up a ramp than climbing ladders or ledges. They accomplish the same gd thing, going higher.

Fucking hilarious the dudes getting butthurt over how little they have to show for seven years of attempting to make something.

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Sevens

Log Wizard
Is all the "revamp" shit after McQuaid passed? Or was he still around when it was enacted?
I admit I have never played Vanguard but from a lot of people I know who did having a 2.0 version would not have been a bad thing.
I know they are shooting for EQ 3 but seems more like EQ2 -1/2 with all the climbing that was in that shit stain game.