Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

goishen

Macho Ma'am

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Flying Mounts, sure. If they decide to implement flying mounts, its not like it's outlandish to expect them to be gated as well. Not only gated by themselves, but gated behind the climbing mechanic. "Climb the highest reaches to earn the Aether Current. Collect them all to be able to fly!" Replace Aether Current with what whatever Pantheon wants to call FFXIV's system.

The fact that the devs have tried to pump up people about "climbing" is what amazes me. Then, to top it off - clearly state that climbing is going to be a way to gate content. As a developer, even if Climbing was the biggest coding break through of my career, I still would have presented it in different manner. I wouldnt have presented climbing as a barrier, but as greater freedom of movement in the game.

Remember how irritating FFXI was because you couldnt jump? A f'n 5 inch tall hill made you go all the way around it. Instead, imagine a quick cut scene of crush bone - you climb over past the entrance, sneak past a few guards, swim through the moat, climb through the window, sneak past those guards, and kill D'Vinn and his immediate guards. That would have gave me all I needed to know about "climbing" and not make a mountain out of an ant hill.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

TBT-TheBigToe

Gemcutter
<Gold Donor>
PNJJ9uu.gif

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
love all the hate and flailing this thread produces, haha wew boy

• 1Worf
  • 1Pathetic

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
It wouldn’t bother me if they had any kind of server at all.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
  • 1Mother of God

dizzie

Triggered Happy
Didn't they do the Pre-Alpha already? They must be running out of cash as they are promoting their 1k plus pledges again, they also posted a youtube video about pledges within a couple of days of this announcement. Something's afoot financially, like "whoops, we don't have any money or a product to sell".

Doubt is forming in the minds of the brainwashed idiots now. Reddit aside, (due to its heavy moderation) VR are getting more flak over time.

p8r88k9r0yq51 - Copy.jpg

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Repeat after me:

"I am glad this is fully funded. I am looking forward to another good MMO coming out. I will not pay in to Kotick OnlyFans."

If you're involved in said Kotick OnlyFans, I want you to know it's not your fault. It's OK.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Didn't they do the Pre-Alpha already? They must be running out of cash as they are promoting their 1k plus pledges again, they also posted a youtube video about pledges within a couple of days of this announcement. Something's afoot financially, like "whoops, we don't have any money or a product to sell".

Doubt is forming in the minds of the brainwashed idiots now. Reddit aside, (due to its heavy moderation) VR are getting more flak over time.

View attachment 307781

Yeah, that’s why it’s called pre-alpha 5. This will be the fifth iteration of pre-alpha. That’s right, 7 years and still not comfortable calling it alpha yet.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Best was y'all slipped and said CyberTranny 2077 was in development for 7 years by a company with millions lol. Think there was some butt rustle about it too. Im keeping score.

Be patient and Panthe-ON.

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Repeat after me:

"I am glad this is fully funded. I am looking forward to another good MMO coming out. I will not pay in to Kotick OnlyFans."

If you're involved in said Kotick OnlyFans, I want you to know it's not your fault. It's OK.

No. It's not ok. And you are the one here who played wow religiously so you are probably not ok.

Pantheon is never going to be completed.

• 2Like
  • 1Worf

dizzie

Triggered Happy
The only thing I took from skipping through the developer roundtable is that they don't know anything about their own pledges or what will happen in the future. They pretty much confirmed that the game will be subscription based, which means the game has to be good, otherwise they'll bleed players and everyone will shit all over it. Every question asked just seems to be answered with "yes, we have plans to implement that down the road".

You can name items that drop, but they will have a filter in place so that whatever you name it fits the lore (you have to pay for this feature from the sounds of it). Probably be the funniest feature as most filters are quite easy to bypass so there will be hundreds of Azzraper claws and dickkchopper swords on the broker etc.

• 2Worf

Mat'hir Uth Gan

Trakanon Raider
The only thing I got from the round table was the current team thinking the original team was a bunch of dumbasses for the pledge packages they put together. These guys are not happy about being stuck dealing with some of the pay-to-win rewards, and they really aren't happy about the life time subs and collector's box rewards.

"Production", and I use that term loosely, of this entire project has been a humongous shit show. Nirgon, when is this thing releasing?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user