Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

dizzie

Triggered Happy
They got shit on so much in that pledge video that was posted a few days ago that they pulled it and then later reuploaded it with comments disabled.

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
I doubt there are 500 people in the world left that think this will ever launch as a somewhat complete game.

Still, the "devs" should keep at it, not like we want them to start onlyfans accounts.

• 4Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 4 users

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
These 'Green 99" posts make me curious. Do uh, do the emu players not realize that the people who played EQ to hell and back during 1999-2004 were at the bleeding edge, when they left? Like... does nirgon somehow think that the people shitting on EQ for being tedious also didn't experience that tedium?

It's an interesting thought experiment. At the end of the day, the majority of people shitting on Pantheon are people who were at the absolute bleeding edge on live EQ when it wasn't whatever it is today. You know, the era that the emu kids think they rule. Like calling your grandpa a pussy for not killing 100 nazis in WW2 while they play Battlefield and pretend it's the same.

It's interesting.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
Like... does nirgon somehow think that the people shitting on EQ for being tedious also didn't experience that tedium?
I think there is a fundamental difference in goals that is never explicitly stated:

a) Some people legit want a more old-school MMO where you have group interdependency and limited soloing, so you have to form social bonds. This comes with a lot of problems and headaches, but I can also see the appeal.

b) Some people seem to want a tedious experience in their MMO, because that is their (maybe only) way to compete: through time-investment. Basically this is the welfare progamer crowd, sitting on their ass with 16 hours a day to kill, and they want something they are "good at" to stroke their ego. This is the "on a long enough timeline everyone reaches max level" concept.

Both seem to share goals, but the end result may be totally different. I don't think Nirgon falls totally in the second category. He's more like a cheap troll without his own bridge who tries to fuel the flames with stupid throwaway lines once he loses any of his arguments.

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
He's more like a cheap troll without his own bridge who tries to fuel the flames with stupid throwaway lines once he loses any of his arguments.

The irony is that his pathetic trolling attempts just help keep the thread active. And when he rails against us bagging on Pantheon for years, it's funny because he's been white knighting the game for just as long.

If anything, we should thank him for his service. He probably deserves some sort of medal for white knighting Pantheon.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
He probably deserves some sort of medal for white knighting Pantheon.

spele2.gif

• 2Worf

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
People preferring classic EQ to BLM craft has to be a real mind bender for you

• 2Like
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 3 users

zinc_turtle

Trakanon Raider
If you have any interest in the theoryforge video interview with Joppa from Oct 11, here's the youtube transcript with some paragraphs.

A summary? He really, really, really likes Zelda. They're definitely stacking all the chips on climbing, and all of the previous differences, tenets, and features that grabbed all the cash from Feb 2014 to August 2020? Those are gone, and there is no hint they are ever coming back. Gracias for the greenbacks, kthxbye.
Now? Pillars.. it's all about the pillars. Could I make this up? No, no I could not.
Apparently, now that the old order has been swept away, the three pillars are: Immersion, Challenge, and Community. :emoji_neutral_face: Whatever the hell that means.
Oh, and everyone is going to be a "Keeper". Yep. So they can trigger server-side asynchronous check volumes/areas/polygons, like it's 2001 again.

Honestly, he's all over the place. The player behavior expectations are just so far from reality, I don't know why anyone would give them any money. It's like listening to a video game developer from an alternate universe where people aren't a bunch of selfish greedy bastards, amplified when anonymous.
If 21 years of history has taught the genre anything, it's that most of their customers aren't going to act like what Joppa is describing or expecting. Especially not MMO customers looking for a challenging experience.

• 2Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 2 users

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Who said those aren't core things and don't need to be mentioned.

That's his list beyond the basics.

Are you dense enough to think they will just blindly write everything, hit compile and put it in a box?

They literally mention internal testing constantly.

Feel bad if you're enslaved to cranking out homogenous bs with tons of hand holding. This one isn't for the McMMO crowd, and is probably a jarring realization that many people don't want that. They're even sick of it to the point they will donate thousands of dollars to see something else. This is literally happening.

The discord for the game is filled with people playing BG3 Early Access and no one playing BLM craft BarFA or Faggotlands mobile. I can't imagine being so out of touch with the base culture that you'd believe there's no interest in this game.

Last edited:
  • 1Salty
  • 1Worf

Mat'hir Uth Gan

Trakanon Raider
Listened to that two hour marathon. Joppa gets it, he says the right stuff, I just have little faith the VR team of two programmers can create the dynamic MMO he envisions. The goal HAS to be to sell out to somebody. There's no chance they can make what he just spent two hours describing. And the way he talked about so much of it still being theoretical, this game is still being designed. We might be ten years away. He also said that Convo was their top designer and said he had amazing ideas. Game not ever launching.

• 3Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 4 users

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
Ya, climbing fetish aside, Joppa seemed like he had a good plan for this project, and for a period of time atleast appeared capable which may have been just a sense of relative coherence when juxtaposed to brad. I’ve found less and less to be assured by lately however . Maybe they can be acquired by star citizen and create some kind of gamer black hole that absorbs all the stupid money in the universe

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
The discord for the game is filled with people playing BG3 Early Access and no one playing BLM craft BarFA or Faggotlands mobile. I can't imagine being so out of touch with the base culture that you'd believe there's no interest in this game.

How many average users does this discord have?

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Pantheon discord is more active than yours.

Not everyone wants hand holdy dadquest, sorry. You're very out of touch.