Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Lunis

Blackwing Lair Raider
We are still working on the EMU, just wish we had another C++ coder to make it go faster. We have some really dedicated folks plugging away daily on quests, npc placement and pathing, diplomacy, and crafting recipes. There is slow but steady progress on bringing it back to life, and we are all pretty committed to staying the course until its done, no matter how long it ends up taking us.
And yet you still might release before Pantheon does.

• 4Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 4 users

Creslin

Trakanon Raider
We are still working on the EMU, just wish we had another C++ coder to make it go faster. We have some really dedicated folks plugging away daily on quests, npc placement and pathing, diplomacy, and crafting recipes. There is slow but steady progress on bringing it back to life, and we are all pretty committed to staying the course until its done, no matter how long it ends up taking us.
You are doing Gods work. I thought VG really was a great game once I got beyond the first 6 years where it was unplayable on my PC, it stings so much more because I think that game would have done amazing had it been more playable on release, I know so many who quit just cause the game wouldn't run and at the time WoW at the time would run on any old laptop.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
All NFT transactions are automatically done in Eth. You can convert it to USD (or whatever) after, but initially you pay/get paid in Eth when you transact NFTs. (One of the many reasons you should be investing in Eth).

On a side note, I haven't checked in on this thread in a while. They are still selling shit for a game that doesn't exist and has been in development for how many years? Honestly, and I'm being serious here, I'm going to be surprised if this thing ultimately doesn't end in criminal charges at this point. Civil law suits will obviously happen, but all it's going to take for fraud charges is some kind of documented evidence that they continued to take money knowing that they couldn't deliver on their promises.

Almost impossible to prove fraud. They are in fact working on the game. If 38 Studios, who robbed the state of Rhode Island blind, can't be brought up on fraud charges, I doubt Pantheon will ever face criminal charges. Fuck, if anyone should be brought up on charges of fraud, it should be Star Citizen!

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Desperate
What’s sad is that tweet has nothing but negative replies from people that were interested before. No one saw that tweet and thought “oh shit now I’m onboard!” all it did was lower interest even more, which I didn’t think was possible.

• 2Worf

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
What exactly are they trying to sell? Digital Art? Is there going to be some physical product or are they just going to email you a JPG and tell you to print it off?

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
Pretty much digital art it sounds like lol
NFTs (Non-Fungible Tokens) are basically data on a blockchain - like Bitcoin - that are processed via that blockchain securely in a transaction. It lets you become the 'owner' of the NFT and have digitally verifiable proof. And it's a HUGE waste of time and power to generate them.

It actually ticks no boxes from either the art community (who are more likely to be in tune with 'saving the planet'), or the cryptocurrency/blockchain enthusiasts, who see very little value in wasting electricity compared to other avenues. NFTs are a form of environment-destroying capitalistic waste disguised as 'art' - much like the people who go to auctions and buy paintings that are basically buckets of multicolored paint literally thrown at the easel from prestigious and notable artists.

• 2Like

dizzie

Triggered Happy
I've never got the point of this NFT blockchain art shite, seems likes something the artistic community would create as it generates cash.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Oh.. thats even worse than I thought. When I spent all of 15 seconds looking at stuff there, I thought they were small statues (I dont follow ETH for its actual value conversion). Not saying I would buy it, but I know a ton of people that collect the little 25-35cm tall statues and Im sure those that spent money on donations to Pantheon would probably be some of that clientele.

But Art?.. DIGITAL ART? (A Yordle? GAH)

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
get

• 8Worf
Reactions: 7 users

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Even people who sell digital art for a living have a hard time doing that. Their new idea people suck, no Vision.

I might be the only person uniquely qualified to fill those shoes.

The Vision is strong with me.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Tol

Trakanon Raider
Man this is fucking trippy. I haven't read this thread in like 5 years. I check back in and Pantheon is STILL somehow clowning around 8 years later; Now with NFTs! Pantheon somehow outlasted EQnext and Brad Mcquaid and still exists. This is the weirdest timeline.

• 4Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Man this is fornicating trippy. I haven't read this thread in like 5 years. I check back in and Pantheon is STILL somehow clowning around 8 years later; Now with NFTs! Pantheon somehow outlasted EQnext and Brad Mcquaid and still exists. This is the weirdest timeline.
You have a lot of gifs to catch up with my friend. This thread is a goldmine.

• 4Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 5 users

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
I don't know if any of you have noticed, but you know Gritty?

...Gritty is a legitimate Fuzzy Troll.

source.gif

source.gif

67ca1fce31634ab89826dc9db294a40b.gif

• 3Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users