Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Sounds like some heavy filtering. Very interesting tho.... are there any archives of this stuff?
They were posted here, at least the links. Honestly, all memes aside, they felt very manic and scattered... and not long before his death.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
They were posted here, at least the links. Honestly, all memes aside, they felt very manic and scattered... and not long before his death.
He’s talking about the Vanguard beta stuff which would’ve been like 2006.

Vepil

Gamja
<Bronze Donator>
ezgif.com-gif-maker.gif

• 4Worf
  • 1WTF
Reactions: 4 users

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
When you're a small team with limited resources and you decide to constantly reshape your world, redraw concepts, redesign core gameplay elements, rehash, rehash, rehash...

...you no longer get a pass. You're wasting time you never had much of. Like I've said to you before - they needed someone to sit them down and make them stop the ADHD idea hopping and just finish what they started. They are the development equivalent of someone who keeps rerolling alts and putting their starting stats in differently or saying actually this race is better oh wait now this class is better oh actually... and never ends up actually reaching end game. Pantheon isn't even moving in the direction of an end product. They're just tossing shit around.

This is what can’t be explained with the limited budget excuse. Look at the CohhhCarnage video in 2016. The game looked like they were moving forward fairly well. Suddenly, let’s design Fart’s Home in a way no one has ever done and then scrap that two years later.

You don’t play thru a couple dungeons in 2016 and FIVE years later show conceptual bullshit over and over in ‘outer realm’. No one does for good reason especially on a tight budget. I see no real identifiable progress. Just enough for Grifters Paradise.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

First

Trakanon Raider
This is what can’t be explained with the limited budget excuse. Look at the CohhhCarnage video in 2016. The game looked like they were moving forward fairly well. Suddenly, let’s design Fart’s Home in a way no one has ever done and then scrap that two years later.

You don’t play thru a couple dungeons in 2016 and FIVE years later show conceptual bullshit over and over in ‘outer realm’. No one does for good reason especially on a tight budget. I see no real identifiable progress. Just enough for Grifters Paradise.

The videos I assume you are referring to were mostly Unity assets - you could manage to locate many of those assets in the Unity store back then when I looked - I could still find some last month when I took a look. I can break this down by zone if you want, but suffice to say they expanded the geography and grayboxed/removed the Unity assets they were using on several of those zones to eventually add in custom ones. Others of those Unity asset zones are still around, and appear to have undergone some expansion even (presumably because they met some sort of criteria for them the other zones did not). Faerthale hasn't been scrapped and I have no idea what you're trying to say about "design in a way no one has ever done". Worth noting that they have talked about alot of the art being placeholder art over the years, so its not entirely unexpected that stuff gets pulled. There are a couple of zones we haven't seen in awhile though.

I'd absolutely call using Unity store assets to design zones around in 2016 to be a limited budget move. I'd also call changing/expanding said zones later on and removing the Unity store stuff to put in custom stuff to be evidence of progress. Yet somehow you see a conspiracy or some nefarious behavior by interpreting it the opposite way. I'd give someone a pass for not following VR's lengthy videos over the years to be able to follow the exact changes by zones in-depth, but I don't think that's your angle, so hey, don't let any of this get in the way of continuing some calf-splatter.

• 1Pathetic
Reactions: 1 user

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
The videos I assume you are referring to were mostly Unity assets - you could manage to locate many of those assets in the Unity store back then when I looked - I could still find some last month when I took a look. I can break this down by zone if you want, but suffice to say they expanded the geography and grayboxed/removed the Unity assets they were using on several of those zones to eventually add in custom ones. Others of those Unity asset zones are still around, and appear to have undergone some expansion even (presumably because they met some sort of criteria for them the other zones did not). Faerthale hasn't been scrapped and I have no idea what you're trying to say about "design in a way no one has ever done". Worth noting that they have talked about alot of the art being placeholder art over the years, so its not entirely unexpected that stuff gets pulled. There are a couple of zones we haven't seen in awhile though.

I'd absolutely call using Unity store assets to design zones around in 2016 to be a limited budget move. I'd also call changing/expanding said zones later on and removing the Unity store stuff to put in custom stuff to be evidence of progress. Yet somehow you see a conspiracy or some nefarious behavior by interpreting it the opposite way. I'd give someone a pass for not following VR's lengthy videos over the years to be able to follow the exact changes by zones in-depth, but I don't think that's your angle, so hey, don't let any of this get in the way of continuing some calf-splatter.
I can’t believe you expect someone to watch all of these videos then go load up the unity store to compare their assets. We aren’t 22 with nothing but time on our hands. Our free time must be spent wiser in old age, like browsing gifs and shitposting.

• 4Worf
  • 3Solidarity
Reactions: 6 users

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
I can’t believe you expect someone to watch all of these videos then go load up the unity store to compare their assets. We aren’t 22 with nothing but time on our hands. Our free time must be spent wiser in old age, like browsing gifs and shitposting.

Hey man, if you can't have blind faith in Pantheon, then it's on you to pore through their scripture if you want to have any hope of avoiding eternal MMO damnation.

r0i.gif

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>

Sure, since you deep dive into this, I'd love a zone by zone breakdown of changes. That would help my belief immensely. I haven't seen a lot of the early zones in ages. How is the city doing? Have they added in any NPCs? Show me a video of them playing in Faerthale. It was the original show everything zone so they must have it looking pretty good right? How is that elf starting area looking right now? I've been dying for 3 years to see it.

They've never gotten past the limited budget part so why did they do so many redesigns? Doesn't that waste time and money? Tell me again why they focused on wall climbing. Do you really believe there is a market for that? They supposedly had to redo all the zones to make it 'wall climbing friendly.' What if they only really had 3 zones? Pretty easy redesign, huh?

I'm going to let you in on a secret. This has been demo making for the hope of eventual publisher support to make a game. They are making random areas that aren't connected yet in the hopes someone will like their snippets of a game. They've mentioned it tons of times. We are making this in the hopes of getting a publisher. It's why they just released a video of a 'demo' with all the different gaming parts working together. To get money to make the game instead of a couple working zones. I bet they haven't done a single thing to the city since 2016. I bet 90% of the world still hasn't been built except in limited 'demo mode'. That's why they can redesign so easily.

I don't mind it but they aren't being honest with the people paying the bills.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users