Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
Brad seemed to have some pretty hardcore ideas, and had to be talked out of them by the other developers:

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

dizzie

Triggered Happy
Brad was a dreamer. Bit off more than he could chew with Vanguard, and his ideas for Pantheon were just silly. Make a simple game as a foundation and build up from there.

Pantheon's dev teams making the same mistakes, you keep things simple as fuck if you've not got the experience.

Elidroth

Trakanon Raider
A Vanguard post-mortem would have been educational if people could keep the emotion out of it and just honestly look at the mistakes made. We're way past that now though.. IMO, Pantheon should have ended with Brad's passing.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
A Vanguard post-mortem would have been educational if people could keep the emotion out of it and just honestly look at the mistakes made. We're way past that now though.. IMO, Pantheon should have ended with Brad's passing.
yeah with all these other spectacular globo corpos making these amazing mmos amirite

I could do a Rift classic timeline box from Trion till this comes out, "Snyder Cut" style tho - with all the original brutal invasions

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
A could see a netflix documentary

PANTHEON : Rise of the Failures

From the humble beginnings of scribble on a Dennys napkin drunk at 3am to a failed Kickstart let's explore of a bunch of middle aged unemployed jackasses scammed their own fans for over a decade with pre-alpha promises and used one of the lamest gayess faggoty streamer to pawn their smoke and mirrors vaporware.

• 2Like
  • 1Double Worf
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
I read this last post with a surprised "wow" Cohh face.

MMO is a crazy bold project. Gotta respect their humble beginnings and pressing forward as far as I'm concerned.

I don't think those guys are simply grifting. The ones on camera look like they've been putting in crazy hours. I have done the same in my writing code career and I know it when I see it.

If some Calladooty or Madden mega house was working on this, yeah I'd be raughing at progress but those places have projects that go this way too - with WAY more funding. Seems fine so far to me and it has been entertaining to say the least seeing them finish and release things coupled with the pure hatred here when it happens.

If I were them I'd be thrilled to keep rattling the cage of this thread. To that end, I've already gotten my money's worth over the past years.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Chris

Potato del Grande
I read this last post with a surprised "wow" Cohh face.

MMO is a crazy bold project. Gotta respect their humble beginnings and pressing forward as far as I'm concerned.

I don't think those guys are simply grifting. The ones on camera look like they've been putting in crazy hours. I have done the same in my writing code career and I know it when I see it.

If some Calladooty or Madden mega house was working on this, yeah I'd be raughing at progress but those places have projects that go this way too - with WAY more funding. Seems fine so far to me and it has been entertaining to say the least seeing them finish and release things coupled with the pure hatred here when it happens.

If I were them I'd be thrilled to keep rattling the cage of this thread. To that end, I've already gotten my money's worth over the past years.
Sorry if I'm repeating myself but regardless of the intent, they have created a scam MMO.

Being wilfilly ignorant of the resources, expertise and community needed to make this work doesn't absolve them of responsibility.

• 1Like

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
And yet, all the Who's in Whoville still get up and sing for Pantheon. Much to the dismay of some. Isn't that odd.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
How do you feel about Star Citizen?
When I was reading about it, they kinda lost me at the characters having actual in game bathroom breaks or something?

Or like a work day with paper work? I dont know. There's some people who were like "next big thing" but I never did EVE or any of that.

Chris

Potato del Grande
classic mmo enthusiasts
So nobodies within a niche of a niche?

It isn't enough people to populate a MMO, there's no way this will work.

I'm not being rude saying "nobodies", I'm being realistic about the reach of the people on the dev team and in the community.

FF14 has 6 zones with grinding and exp loss on death by the way, I'm enjoying them but it's nice to mix it up with queuing for a theme park ride sometimes, I can also take my shiny gear from those zones into the more mainsteam content.

• 1Worf

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
That's the intended target audience, right? Which is roughly the same size of the "full loot pvp mmo" target audience.

The McDonalds audience is your people. That's cool, the Big Mac daily quests and Paris Hilton bag seller npcs are great for some but not for me.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
The McDonalds audience is your people. That's cool, the Big Mac daily quests and Paris Hilton bag seller npcs are great for some but not for me.

I have done the same in my writing code career and I know it when I see it.
You do know that posting gibberish on an old dying game forum does not actually count as a coding career right?

Korillo

Molten Core Raider
This game will never launch and anyone still supporting it is either drowning in a pit of sunk cost despair or personally involved in the project.

I honestly feel bad for anyone who originally funded this project. I remember talking to someone 6 years who was paying $1,000/year in support of this game and was telling me how great it was going to be, just give it about 2 more years. Well they've had 8 years and nothing to show for the game, and the original creator has unfortunately passed away.

Cut your losses and move on with your life.

• 1Truth!