Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
It's possible I took his replies here in this thread the wrong way. Unlike the people who stalk me on the official forums, I am not above admitting when I am wrong. In this case, I believe I think I was wrong about Nirgon.

But, here's the main difference between me and the fan club I have that follow me around Yerm; I don't go to other forums and look for opportunities to point out my dislike of them for something they say somewhere else. I've had people call me out in game and even in Discord just because they figured out I was who I am, and what was my great crime to be stalked like that and harassed every time I turn around? I posted something they disagreed with on a forum. Oh... My... God. Someone call the national guard. This guy doesn't agree with me!

I mean seriously guys. Grow up. I had someone call me out in discord just this year because he wanted to point out that I am Risiko on the official forums. And, it totally didn't bother me one fucking bit because dudes... THIS IS A GAME. Holy fucking shit. You people act like this is life or something. I'm a 48 year old fat ass that programs for a living. I have way more things in the real world to deal with than someone not agreeing with my opinions on a forum ... especially one about a GAME.

Anybody else care to reply back and say how much they hate me on the official forums... be my fucking guest. I literally could not give a shit less. Maybe we should make a badge to award everyone that makes an "I know you on the official forums" comment. Then we can all /grats and give you a golf clap to help your ego along.

stop-posting.jpg

• 9Worf
  • 2Solidarity
  • 1Double Worf
Reactions: 12 users

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
You know, whether you believe this game is either going to be released in whatever state it's in when the funds dry up or it will be fully completed for launch. It's important to hope for a true MMO in these uncertain and dark times. When even our own Fuhror caved to making games for Timmy, I still believe it's possible to create worlds with true risk and reward that represent our values and traditions.

I wish I had more to give than what I would have wasted on nuBlizzard/EA games and some antagonistic memes.

• 1Picard
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
You know, whether you believe this game is either going to be released in whatever state it's in when the funds dry up or it will be fully completed for launch. It's important to hope for a true MMO in these uncertain and dark times. When even our own Fuhror caved to making games for Timmy, I still believe it's possible to create worlds with true risk and reward that represent our values and traditions.

I wish I had more to give than what I would have wasted on nuBlizzard/EA games and some antagonistic memes.

More good MMO games are good for everyone, however are any of the ideas presented here good? When you press these fags on concrete design choices you are met with PR double speak and zero integrity.

• 2Like
  • 2Truth!
Reactions: 3 users

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
I think they were very honest about going easier on the penalty for death and corpse recoveries in the game. Im not a fan of it, but can understand how that would drive off so many in today's society of weak individuals.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Masakari

<Gold Donor>

If a company decided that chasing quarterly returns wasn't important and they focused on creating a game that is specifically dangerous and required players to be extra careful, I think it'd do well. Doesn't even have to feature standard class design, dungeon grouping, or end game raiding. A lot of MMO gamers grew up with that expectation, so I think it hurts the development of new concepts.

I think they were very honest about going easier on the penalty for death and corpse recoveries in the game. Im not a fan of it, but can understand how that would drive off so many in today's society of weak individuals.

I think that was part of the appeal with Everquest, it was dangerous and everything wasn't as heavily documented as modern MMOs are now. Shit did suck at times and was really inconvenient, but it did create a generation of hardcore gamers. Transitioning to WoW was like jumping off the empire state building into a sea of pillows.

#MakeObjectiveHazardsGreatAgain

Last edited:
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

Pharone

Trakanon Raider
Maybe I'm crazy, but I just think that waiting many years to put out a MMORPG, and hope it's something people will like is not a good business model for the next big thing. Its failed just too many times and cost way too much money for the risk involved.

What if a small company (or even bedroom operation) took a completely different approach to making a MMORPG, and in stead made it completely transparent to the players.

From day one of the first pre-pre-pre-pre-Alpha build that actually manages to build and run for any length of time, you put that sucker out there as "this is what we are working on". Let it be known upfront that the game will change drastically with no notice, characters will be deleted non-stop (until the game is released), and you probably can't count on even connecting to a working server most of the time.

Put it out in that state 100% free, and let your customers decide to donate to the project if they want. Start with something like character creation. Add in some UI. Put in one non-descript area to move around. Toss a mob in to hit. Little by little the game comes to life all the while your potential customers are watching and participating with you along the way.

It probably wouldn't work, but it wouldn't hurt to try something other than the typical throw hundreds of millions of dollars at a development studio and pray you get a game that lasts more than a month when it releases.

• 1Picard

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
I mean, Amazon is a group that is far from technically retarded. They're having a bad go at it as far as I can tell. I don't think id attempt one. Glad to throw some at people to try.

The_Black_Log Foler

Stock Pals Senior Vice President
<Gold Donor>
It's possible I took his replies here in this thread the wrong way. Unlike the people who stalk me on the official forums, I am not above admitting when I am wrong. In this case, I believe I think I was wrong about Nirgon.

But, here's the main difference between me and the fan club I have that follow me around Yerm; I don't go to other forums and look for opportunities to point out my dislike of them for something they say somewhere else. I've had people call me out in game and even in Discord just because they figured out I was who I am, and what was my great crime to be stalked like that and harassed every time I turn around? I posted something they disagreed with on a forum. Oh... My... God. Someone call the national guard. This guy doesn't agree with me!

I mean seriously guys. Grow up. I had someone call me out in discord just this year because he wanted to point out that I am Risiko on the official forums. And, it totally didn't bother me one fucking bit because dudes... THIS IS A GAME. Holy fucking shit. You people act like this is life or something. I'm a 48 year old fat ass that programs for a living. I have way more things in the real world to deal with than someone not agreeing with my opinions on a forum ... especially one about a GAME.

Anybody else care to reply back and say how much they hate me on the official forums... be my fucking guest. I literally could not give a shit less. Maybe we should make a badge to award everyone that makes an "I know you on the official forums" comment. Then we can all /grats and give you a golf clap to help your ego along.
Go to a fucking gym you fat fuck

• 1Worf
  • 1Double Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>

What the fuck is this post?

• 1Like

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
What the fuck is this post?
I feel like he forgot where he was posting. He joined in 2019, though. So maybe hes legitimately new'ish to the forum and missed out on the last two decades of people getting dunked on incessantly for similar posts.

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
So Nirgon, which is it:

1. Pantheon is fully-funded and we're wrong when we say that they're just grifting, or

2. Pantheon isn't fully funded, so they're currently more focused on funding so that they can eventually move on to 'focused development'

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
So Nirgon, which is it:

1. Pantheon is fully-funded and we're wrong when we say that they're just grifting, or

2. Pantheon isn't fully funded, so they're currently more focused on funding so that they can eventually move on to 'focused development'
1639805209212.jpeg

• 1Worf
  • 1Like

dizzie

Triggered Happy
I feel like he forgot where he was posting. He joined in 2019, though. So maybe hes legitimately new'ish to the forum and missed out on the last two decades of people getting dunked on incessantly for similar posts.

Fucking 19ers.

• 2Worf