Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
LOL the storm at 4:58 of that video has the trees whipping all over and the lights hanging from chains perfectly still along with the banners.

happy make it rain GIF by Capital One

Weird that they had that demo run on a 20 year old PC. At that same timestamp, you can see that the final textures never loaded on the lion faces, or tower itself. Just low-res placeholder textures. So strange!

Last edited:
  • 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
Another thing not mentioned was that town in the full day cycle didn't even have lights in it after dark. It's like you were crossing a bridge into nowhere. You would think after all this time, they'd notice small details like that, the trees constantly swaying, or the unmoving banner. It looks better than I thought it would so I'm sure the monthly donors are happy to keep this going. ..forever.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Haha welp, the banner doesn't move in the weather, trees and night cycle video. Guess it's confirmed never coming out. I really wanted to play that one zone.

Rael

Golden Knight of the Realm
LOL the storm at 4:58 of that video has the trees whipping all over and the lights hanging from chains perfectly still along with the banners.

Because the trees are just reacting to a standard Unity windzone. They haven't developed a new wind system for other assets, it's just the Unity trees shader. I can't believe they're showcasing this as some sort of revolutionary new system.

• 3Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
I’m not sure if nirgon posts those videos cuz in his mind it’s some kind of delusional mic drop silencing the critics , or he’s just trolling and egging on the hate. Maybe both?

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
Because the trees are just reacting to a standard Unity windzone. They haven't developed a new wind system for other assets, it's just the Unity trees shader. I can't believe they're showcasing this as some sort of revolutionary new system.
This is exactly like most of the NFT metaverse crypto scams nowadays work, you know. They build some hype website with some images and videos showcasing their "awesome development progress", and how its "100% real". Once you dig deeper you can see they bought some asset pack for the Unreal Engine/Unity. Some of the videos are just the showcases developed by the asset pack creator.

I don't like most of Bellular's hot takes, but when he said that most of them are "Twitter bio entrepreneurs", it was spot on. They have zero clue about the technology.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
I’m not sure if nirgon posts those videos cuz in his mind it’s some kind of delusional mic drop silencing the critics , or he’s just trolling and egging on the hate. Maybe both?

See forum avatar, fill in the sound byte

This is not to indicate anything

Mr. Sox

Trakanon Raider
Ben de la Durantaye listed on the first page is actually Ben Dean. Halfway thru the project for some mysterious reason he changed it. When I purchased access in October 2019 Brasse told me he only responds to emails. He claimed he shorten it because it was French, and people had a hard time pronouncing it. So, he simply shortens it to Ben "No Beans" Dean.

Last edited:

Mr. Sox

Trakanon Raider
Like i can't start another twitter account. Sheesh.
This is the guy who used to work for Ten Ton Hammer, right?
VR still lists all the people who helped with the project on their credit page insert. Tell me why does Ben de la Durentaye not appear on the credits on the website. if he was an old school developer. Take off the glasses, slick his hair back, and use a b/w picture. All of a sudden, they are twins.
i sm not going to tell on him for ban evading on twitter.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Rael

Golden Knight of the Realm
I can't get over how crap the roads look in their latest video:

1647945011014.png

They've literally just used the hard brush in the Unity terrain texture paint tool and drawn a line. No blending with the other terrain textures, no variance in pressure, no raising/lowering the terrain to make embankments/cart tracks. Just a line. Must have taken them a whole thirty seconds.

• 3Worf