Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Chris

Potato del Grande
I could have swore I saw a video a long time ago about how awesome-sauce their networking code was. How people all over are going to be jealous that they arent using it.

This "game" is nothing but a smoke show.
Well the letter says it's some sort of awesome proprietary technology, it's just not finished lmao.

Mick

<Gold Donor>
Does anyone really think that this ragtag group of people who have never developed or shipped a piece of software before are actually making their own "custom network solution to enable performant player concurrency and server-side calculations on the required scale of an MMORPG"?

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Does anyone really think that this ragtag group of people who have never developed or shipped a piece of software before are actually making their own "custom network solution to enable performant player concurrency and server-side calculations on the required scale of an MMORPG"?
And let alone be it such a game changer that devs with years of experience haven’t even developed lol

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider

Didn't they state that "We have this already..." YEARS AGO like before Brad died ... wtf happened too that?

Rael

Golden Knight of the Realm
LMAO they are still figuring out how to do "networking", they don't even have a way to be an MMO yet.

So the multiplayer demo they showed with Cohh was just some standard 8-16 man multiplayer hacked together with Photon or something? Have they ever stated at any point the maximum number of clients they've had connected at once?

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Ya I mean with such a large budget, staff and going so hard coding from day 1 which was 8 years ago.... I'm enjoying this alternate reality version of the timeline.

Frankly, Cohh might be CGI and the Qeynos UFO is some how involved in all this. The plot thickens.

• 1Pathetic
  • 1Moron
Reactions: 1 users

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
get

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Montreseur

Trakanon Raider
So the multiplayer demo they showed with Cohh was just some standard 8-16 man multiplayer hacked together with Photon or something? Have they ever stated at any point the maximum number of clients they've had connected at once?
Back when I was on the team, we had a server authoritative network. I think anything hard coded at that point was few and far between, and mostly for the sake of prototyping perception or something. Brad was adamant about it and Daniel Krenn worked hard on it. Im sure there is nuance, and things I dont remember 100%, it was a long time ago, it was common knowledge and was talked about often. I cant find newsletters past a certain date to validate. But yeah it was a very small percent of things being hard coded.

My guess is that was scrapped, and then redone being hardcoded however many times. Now its 8 years later and they are working on it still. I hate to see them saying that everything was always hard coded, as I said Brad was adamant about everything being server authoritative, as was Daniel. Kills me that Dan is getting dragged and being called incompetent when he is the furthest thing from that.

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

Mr. Sox

Trakanon Raider
Monty, who owns Brad's share in Visionary Realms now? From what i hear is that other BODs hold a 2/3 majority over Julia's shares and are running the company into the ground. Why are they still using Brad's name on the documents with FTB for over the last 3 years as the registered agent on file when it comes the tax situation in California. They are required to pay taxes on the pledge purchae packages?