Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Did they have a major source of their own income and revenue? I think I tried to make that point.
So.. you're saying they should have created a single player game with multiplayer components first? THEN worked on an MMO?

I mean, you cant deny that that would have been the smarter avenue to take.

Mr. Sox

Trakanon Raider
Here's a harsh dose of reality Alex, You are worth saving my friend you just need to get your life in order. You need to take control of that demon in the bottle. Your fans are very short sighted when it comes to great gaming. Like yourself i was threaten with female empowered shit too like you. You need to rise about your critics and make a great game and the trolls like Asmon will go away. I am sure they will be loud in the beginning as you make you ascend back up the mountain. i know you can do it. All players want is a great game and someone to play with them. The rest will always work itself out.

I am also aware of some of the reasons that were never published about the WOW situation. Blizzard was making great games in the past because they cared about the players involvement. Most of them were into community-based games like D&D and M:TG. Did you know that Gary Garax's granddaughter, marsha, worked for SOE back in the day? How cool was that? I know Mike has started his own company now called DreamHaven. I am not going to downplay the wow situation because it was a really bad accusation but i know there were political motivations for the smear. You let Holly Longdale come work for your company which was your first mistake. She has no business ever being in the industry again after what she did to Brenlo. Yes, I know Blizzard and Activision were always battling with the ideas of Mobiles vs. MMOs. Mobiles are much easier to maintain and easier to make more money but at the cost of the community. Microsoft does nt care about the players like the old WOW staff did, Its is all money and profit now. i was never a fan of Wow but i know what makes a great game being involved in online gaming for over 20 years. Your fans will come back if you make a great game. Will Smith is a good actor and he will eventally regain his career once again and rise back to the top of the mountain. I know its not going to be easy but you just got to be patient and be sincere. Cream will always rise to the top. Find a support group.

On the other hand, Maybe you are ready to retire like Kaplan now that you made your millions in stocks, but I also know that every great developer believes that he has one last good game in him. Come on and do my podcast Alex.

Last edited:

yerm

While I don't personally blame ol furor for wow's faults, and hate to say this, chris is right here. He is linked directly with hurt stock value and indirectly with the deteriorating quality of the game aspect he was growing more responsible for. Myself, I think the stock loss for woke bullshit is a loaded gun anyone can be hurt by, and I liked a lot of his horde stuff (afaik alex made) and presume that a great deal of the garbage was the result of too many competing heads and no real soul to keep the game together. They probably would have produced better content giving him MORE control so the plot was cohesive.

It doesn't matter what I think though. He was responsible for a floundering department and lost stock value. Any publicly traded company who picked him up would be, very fairly, reamed by investors for the decision. If he wants to make games he needs to go small indie.

Mr. Sox

Trakanon Raider
A small indie studio like Dreamhaven?

The downward stock valve was to hurt Mike's new company. As the old regime leaves Blizzard, Mike would hire them to join his team at Dreamhaven. too many times content creators play both sides of the street in order to get ratings. No ratings. No podcast.

I want to address the elephant in the room. Making a game PVP oriented or faction based good vs. evil is only a short-lived concept in gaming. i am surprised it has lasted as long as it did. It was only meant to be put into the game to act as a cock block for your games content. The games are different now with the math nerds figuring out the perfect meta for your game and are exploiting the hell out of it.

There was a cleric on Quellious back in the day who would roleplay as an evil dark elf, and he would never rez any good aligned players in the game. Guess what now the game passed him by, and he no longer plays. I have a saying in life, "Either you evolve, or you die with the dinosaur."

Furor was the first MMO superman. Did you know superman died four times in the comics? The last time i looked he is still kicking ass and taking prisoners.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Daidraco

The stock valve was to hurt Mike's new company. As the old regime leaves Blizzard, Mike would hire them to join his team at Dreamhaven. too many times content creators play both sides of the street in order to get ratings. No ratings. No podcast.

I want to address the elephant in the room. Making a game PVP oriented or faction based good vs. evil is only a short-lived concept in gaming. i am surprised it has lasted as long as it did. It was only meant to be put into the game to act as a cock block for your games content. The games are different now with the math nerds figuring out the perfect meta for your game and are exploiting the hell out of it.

There was a cleric on Quellious back in the day who would roleplay as an evil dark elf, and he would never rez any good aligned players in the game. Guess what now the game passed him by, and he no longer plays. I have a saying in life, "Either you evolve, or you die with the dinosaur."

Furor was the first MMO superman. Did you know superman died four times in the comics? The last time i looked he is still kicking ass and taking prisoners.
stupid-aaahhhduh.gif

• 2Like
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Zzen

Potato del Grande
Amod Amod , cleanup on aisle Pantheon.

We’re approaching Jestor Rodo levels of craziness here.

• 5Worf
  • 3Like
Reactions: 7 users

Mr. Sox

Trakanon Raider
Man i have not heard that name in a long time. What was his deal any way? Good Old Nathan Sully. or was it Al Sweareagen?

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Mr. Sox

Trakanon Raider
Getting back to Pantheon now. Bazgrim is designing a game show called Pantheon Jeopardy. He is giving away an alpha pledge if you win. Should I sign up on his board to be the final contestant? Would you guys watch me? Believe it or not, i am a real person not someone who is made up to drum up traffic on this board due to low ratings.

• 1Like

yerm

Getting back to Pantheon now. Bazgrim is designing a game show called Pantheon Jeopardy. He is giving away an alpha pledge if you win. Should I sign up on his board to be the final contestant? Would you guys watch me? Believe it or not, i am a real person not someone who is made up to drum up traffic on this board due to low ratings.

Live your best life.

• 6Worf
  • 1Double Worf
Reactions: 6 users

Mr. Sox

Trakanon Raider
I heard this morning that Microsoft is offering $95 a share right now for Blizzard stock. It is my belief that higher power because this scare to buy the stock cheaper than it current rat in hopes of gaining control of the board. I remember IBm dropped down to an all-time low in 1992 over the court case of the Pentium chip and its prioritory function.Blizzard is still the best stock to buy in the video game market who why would you discount it. Hold it. Fool.

• 1Like

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
I heard this morning that Microsoft is offering $95 a share right now for Blizzard stock. It is my belief that higher power because this scare to buy the stock cheaper than it current rat in hopes of gaining control of the board. I remember IBm dropped down to an all-time low in 1992 over the court case of the Pentium chip and its prioritory function.Blizzard is still the best stock to buy in the video game market who why would you discount it. Hold it. Fool.

freak out lol GIF by Archer

• 5Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 6 users