Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
You know what I have never understood about content creation. When I made my website, The Crossroads of Terminus, it is very similar to this page except it had one of the largest libraries of videos and feeds from the Pantheon community. The forums were the best part, so I was told by the community. it had all kinds of ad ones. The forums were detailed and organized. Minus tried to recruit all of the content creators over to his side when he saw my idea. I put a lot of hard work into my website for 3 months before I showed it to anyone. A week later I went on the P+U and talked about my website since it was a community thing. Minus stole my idea and then threaten to copyright strike. Everyone was cool with the idea especially since it was free.

The community back then was scattered for the lack of a better word. Eventually, someone would have thought of the idea after me. When the game launches, they won't be able to control the exposure. Everyone is looking to hold out their hands when the money starts flowing and I am sure there will be some hard feelings coming down the line. I wouldn't be surprised if some of the old devs get together and try to get some of that cheddar from VR since they were never compensated for their time.

I understand the fact that Chinese gold farmers will buy a website so they can use them to see their gold thru them. The YT algorithm is not very kind to small streamers, which is why my idea was so brilliant. YT is so one-dimensional and sometimes you need a little more of an idea. I don't understand why CC has these huge catalogs of videos that nobody watches after two months, and everyone copies every else video idea with very few changes in the meanwhile. So why content them?

There we go.

That's the incoherent mess of a chimpanzee slamming it's fists repeatedly on a typewriter we've come to expect

Last edited:
  • 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
You know what I have never understood about content creation. When I made my website, The Crossroads of Terminus, it is very similar to this page except it had one of the largest libraries of videos and feeds from the Pantheon community. The forums were the best part, so I was told by the community. it had all kinds of ad ones. The forums were detailed and organized. Minus tried to recruit all of the content creators over to his side when he saw my idea. I put a lot of hard work into my website for 3 months before I showed it to anyone. A week later I went on the P+U and talked about my website since it was a community thing. Minus stole my idea and then threaten to copyright strike. Everyone was cool with the idea especially since it was free.

The community back then was scattered for the lack of a better word. Eventually, someone would have thought of the idea after me. When the game launches, they won't be able to control the exposure. Everyone is looking to hold out their hands when the money starts flowing and I am sure there will be some hard feelings coming down the line. I wouldn't be surprised if some of the old devs get together and try to get some of that cheddar from VR since they were never compensated for their time.

I understand the fact that Chinese gold farmers will buy a website so they can use them to see their gold thru them. The YT algorithm is not very kind to small streamers, which is why my idea was so brilliant. YT is so one-dimensional and sometimes you need a little more of an idea. I don't understand why CC has these huge catalogs of videos that nobody watches after two months, and everyone copies every else video idea with very few changes in the meanwhile. So why content them?

The most important part about content creation, is "creating content" you know the part you always skip out on since you are mentally ill and retarded. How is that pod cast intro coming along, about as swiftly as Pantheon pre-alpha.

Mr. Sox

Trakanon Raider
Have you ever read The Old Man and the Sea? Was the theme of the Novel? Since every one0 in this channel is an intellectual scholar

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Have you ever read The Old Man and the Sea? Was the theme of the Novel? Since every one0 in this channel is an intellectual scholar
So you'll keep fighting and yet still always be a failure? Sounds right.

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Chris

Potato del Grande

visible.jpg

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Mr. Sox

Trakanon Raider

VR made Minus give up ownership of his website for him to come to work for them. Minus put Draxx in charge of the website while he was gone, and the community now works together on it. Also, Nephele took down his Pantheon Crafter website too. His site was extremely nice looking. I am sure both of these sites will start back up when they have more content to place on the sites. The idea of collusion doesn't bother me.

There will be more people trying to do similar ideas later down the line. It's not hard to make a website, it's maintaining the site after the release of the game. Most games die 4 months after the game launch. There will be no more allazhams or Wowheads anymore. MMOs are dead. Developing a website is like a second job. I wasn't looking for a job in the video industry.

Last edited:

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm

I actually have read it. A good analogy for this game. The marlin was way too big and he was way too ambitious, so it ended up torn to shreds and he continued to be a has been and failure.

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Mr. Sox

Trakanon Raider

After 19 minutes of bragging Minus resigns from P+U and 2 weeks later he goes to work for VR. In all fairness Minus has worked hard than anyone in the company, except for Joppa. Brad didn't want Kilsin as the CM after Reinfeldt left.

Last edited:

Mr. Sox

Trakanon Raider
The villagers saw how massive the fish was and how this little old man caught this big fish. In the end, he earned their respect.

Too many times it's not about winning and losing. It's about respect for the community.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
The villagers saw how massive the fish was and how this little old man caught this big fish. In the end, he earned their respect.

Too many times it's not about winning and losing. It's about respect for the community.

Perfect analogy.

VR doesn't care if the game flops immediately or crashes and burns before ever releasing.

It's all about respect.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users