Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

Excidium

Trakanon Raider
I love the M&M team and have enjoyed sharing the sickness from my brain that has formed from decades of EQing. They are everything but blood brothers to me in these regards. They're true EQ fans, the equivalent of some old sports team fan who knows all the stats of the greatest players in history and a basement full of memorabilia to use that analogy.

Most of them have the full hindsight and deep dive, having been fully immersed in an "overly solved" extra late end game of the original 3 EQ expansions. I think this is essential for making something that will stick today and not fall victim to the same old problems. Some of those problems like people demanding instant gratification should be expected and not catered to, but for the rest of us enthusiasts we can be sure they have the right minds deciding things.

That being said, they're taking a more realistic approach to make something we will appreciate while Pantheon seems deadset to reach for that impossible dream they've set forth in true Brad fashion. EQ wasn't even close to finished as I've begun to realize, Brad just had too many damned ideas and his eyes were always bigger than what was humanly possible. But maybe that's what it takes and the kind of push/drive you need to get things to become real like hand held computer phones or an MMO like EQ that was ahead of it's time.

I think both teams are making an immense amount of progress on the fuel tanks of code warriors and artists our age without billions backing them.

You're hoping for the day Pantheon shuts down without launching, hopefully only for the sake of a doubled down forum argument, and I can't say that's a good thing to hope for but I'll be here to say I was sure it would launch but didn't.

All that being considered, I see a functioning client and server. I predict a launch day that is overwhelmed with logins, as apparently even Amazon for all their serverless architects and load balancing geniuses couldn't even nail. This will be mocked too, pretended to be a unique issue and an I told u so.

Look no further than the positive responses and well wishes for the game in the comments following Asmoncucks corporate hit piece on P:RotF to see the true state of things.
Cope

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
I hope we have two great MMOs. I can't imagine anyone would want an EQ-like MMO to fail.

Pantheon seems like it simply has taken longer to get to the finish line, more than most would have expected. But that doesn't discredit the accomplishments they've made, even if 80% of them were made in the last year or whatever.

Tribalism is stupid.
I am simply glad that we have two teams interested in creating MMOs and I hope both games are great.

• 3Like
  • 2Truth!
Reactions: 4 users

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
I hope its just people who've doubled down on their argument too much and not something else weird.

I see too much of it lately, you know?

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
All you Pantheon apologists miss the point. We don't want it to fail. But, we also don't want them to run a blatant scam on people.

The past 9 years have been filled with lies, incompetency, and a kickstarter robbery. If they had been developing this on their own dime and not bilking hundreds of thousands from the mentally challenged, then many of us would be cheering them on just like Nigron.

Even if this game does release, they still stole about 5+ years of people's money. That shit is immoral and they should be held accountable for it.

• 3Like
  • 2Solidarity

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
All you Pantheon apologists miss the point. We don't want it to fail. But, we also don't want them to run a blatant scam on people.

The past 9 years have been filled with lies, incompetency, and a kickstarter robbery. If they had been developing this on their own dime and not bilking hundreds of thousands from the mentally challenged, then many of us would be cheering them on just like Nigron.

Even if this game does release, they still stole about 5+ years of people's money. That shit is immoral and they should be held accountable for it.
That's the thing; we don't know who should be accountable now, as the project has seen many hands change (fuzzy trolls, Brad's death, etc) and it's impossible to tell if it's either incompetence or a scam at this point. We know that maybe only 2 or 3 of the OG folks are interested at this point still. They lost a lot of developers, whom were likely the cause of no progress.

They have a playable game. They have a few solid ex-SOE engineers.

I'm willing to excuse 5 years of scams if they continue showing they can deliver something.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>

If they release a dope ass game all will be forgiven. I couldn't care less how many soy simps lost their allowance on this. Fake it til you make it. Great content is all that is required for forgiveness in gaming.

That being said to your point until they release said dope ass game they are nothing but incompetent scammers peddling vaporware.

• 3Like
  • 1Worf
  • 1Solidarity

Lunis

Blackwing Lair Raider
Watching that stream I can see now why they're not even in alpha, large parts of of the zone are barely developed and look very barebones. They should of spent their time & money on creating/populating zones & combat, not creating 10 side systems.

Nemesis

Bridgeburner
Watching that stream I can see now why they're not even in alpha, large parts of of the zone are barely developed and look very barebones. They should of spent their time & money on creating/populating zones & combat, not creating 10 side systems.
you've summed up the past 1350 pages of this thread (aside from the falling gif's of course)

Lets break down what i saw there...

- a login and password screen
- a character creation
- finding your guild master and starting a quest
- completing a quest and getting a reward

😂 gottem​

not only is your bar set a bit low as Trickle said, but having these UI interfaces designed does not mean that they have a persistent server structure on which to house them.
now, I don't know if they do or don't at this point, but last I was aware the answer was no.

goishen

Macho Ma'am
Merry Christmas, all.

santa-falling-2.gif

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
  • 1Double Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

This is what I can't fathom. Why not make one persistent zone that works and is fleshed out which they can show investors rather than fucking loads of concept art and sparse landscapes which will only attract 50+ year old autists waiting for the next EQ coming.

That was hypothetical I guess as we all know the answer.

200w.gif

First

Trakanon Raider
This is what I can't fathom. Why not make one persistent zone that works and is fleshed out which they can show investors rather than fucking loads of concept art and sparse landscapes which will only attract 50+ year old autists waiting for the next EQ coming.

That was hypothetical I guess as we all know the answer.

200w.gif
Guess you missed the whole Fortress DeViare thing.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Man when that pan flute and tambourine play, chills everytime. This is both stunning and brave. Can't wait for pre alpha to be done. Then the real fun begins.

PS: all the people that said there was "no game".... ahahaha wew.
I think this is the first time I've seen you clearly trolling, this comment was not subtle enough.

Kinda sad that I see through the act now.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Oh I embellished some of that to be annoying to all the seethers.

However, there is a game like I said and you can go see it for yourself. Not a troll.