Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

Frenzic

Lord Nagafen Raider
I have the original "alpha" build on a harddrive. Booted it up just for a laugh and I dunno... It might be better than what they show now :trump:

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Can you believe it actually looked more impressive 10 years ago when they were scamming kickstater?

0036565.jpg

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Lunis

Blackwing Lair Raider
Vu was actually a really good artist, he made Sebilis and a bunch of other stuff. I would have much rather played the game they pitched on the kickstarter. I even miss that fat bastard Silius.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
What this really looks like is a budget version of Vanguard - you know, an MMO that was already a budget MMO? lul

Empty buildings with dead face NPC's staring off into the distance - waiting for the PC's to interact with them just to give them a spell or skill. No basic furniture like tables and chairs. No training dummies for the combat skill trainers. No tradecraft type furniture. No spooky books or w/e for spells, etc. Just the same, boring, exact shit that early EverQuest did. It takes all of 5 minutes to not only buy an old fashioned beaker set table with medieval looks on the marketplace, place the graphic in a spot and throw that same dead faced NPC in front of it. With the NPC occasionally opening his spell book as if hes reading something, and then do a bauble making emote. Or have the dire lord trainer doing something relevant to his craft, too. Shits just too easy to make it look good and they cant even be asked to do that. Just awful, boring, and uninspired looking.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Thanks for your review of the pre alpha

Did you see they added spells with graphics to the thing that doesn't exist?

Crazy huh

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
What this really looks like is a budget version of Vanguard - you know, an MMO that was already a budget MMO? lul

Empty buildings with dead face NPC's staring off into the distance - waiting for the PC's to interact with them just to give them a spell or skill. No basic furniture like tables and chairs. No training dummies for the combat skill trainers. No tradecraft type furniture. No spooky books or w/e for spells, etc. Just the same, boring, exact shit that early EverQuest did. It takes all of 5 minutes to not only buy an old fashioned beaker set table with medieval looks on the marketplace, place the graphic in a spot and throw that same dead faced NPC in front of it. With the NPC occasionally opening his spell book as if hes reading something, and then do a bauble making emote. Or have the dire lord trainer doing something relevant to his craft, too. Shits just too easy to make it look good and they cant even be asked to do that. Just awful, boring, and uninspired looking.
this exactly.

like vanguard is the off brand version of an MMO, and this is the cheaper mexican knock off of the knockoff. like its Afghanistanimation

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Thanks for your review of the pre alpha

Did you see they added spells with graphics to the thing that doesn't exist?

Crazy huh
You're correct. I didnt think that through. Would be awful if they had to recreate the zone from scratch and waste all that time, right?