<Medals Crew>
get

• 4Worf
  • 1Like
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 6 users

gLobal

Trakanon Raider
I know this thread is falling gifs, but I played during the stress test and enjoyed it. I had given up hope and stopped paying attention to it long ago. Seeing the email invitation caught me totally off guard.

Quick things I noticed:
  • Loading/zoning was so much faster than I anticipated. I put the patcher on my mechanical (storage) hard drive, and it downloaded files to the same location. Instead of moving the files, I decided to see how it ran. Very good honestly!
  • There was no rubber banding, lagging, etc. Seemed solid, but I believe there was only 40-50 ish people on my server.
  • Itemization seemed like they were moving in the right direction. Mobs would often have 2-3 items each, and several of them were tradeskill, quest, etc. My inventory filled up too fast with only 1 bag. I hope this is something they improve on. I started gathering leather and jute to make a bag, but I never managed to get it done. See next point.
  • Tradeskill system seemed like it had some serious work behind it. There's tradeskill items everywhere.
  • Magic system seemed pretty on par with what I'd expect from a spiritual successor to EQ. Cast times, duration, etc.
  • There was persistence between logging out (I know this was a question earlier)
  • There was a 'smart target' bound to Tab that worked pretty well! It seemed like it would prioritize mobs in your quest log, or field of view, etc. A small touch, but well received.
  • The lighting system was pretty good. Still has room to grow, but it was immersive where it was dark.
  • The graphics were not bad at all. A little cartoony, wow-ish - but I'll take it as long as it runs fluid.
  • No tutorial or help of any sort. To be expected during an early preview, but something basic would be nice. Just 'hey, here's how your class works'.
  • Options menu was very limited. I would have loved to mess with graphics settings a bit because I play across 3x4k monitors and getting framerate and fidelity just right is a balance at high resolutions. Honestly, I'm just happy it supported 11520 x 2160 & 5760 x 1080.
  • Needs UI scaling ASAP, and the ability to move around ALL UI elements. I was able to move everything but the menu button and buffs.
  • The zone seemed quite large. There was also no map. I'm ok with both of these.
  • Character customization seemed like it had some depth. I didn't get to level up much, but there was a 'mastery' type system for individual abilities. It also seemed like classes had 2 primary paths, but I was able to cast spells from both. I'll have to research this a bit more.
  • Climbing was dumb, clunky, and is probably wasted development. I hope I'm wrong about this in the future.
  • Mobs were pretty tough and some were fast as hell. Got my ass handed to me a lot, even while trying to sprint away. Thumbs up.
Overall, I have played some shitty MMO's in my time, and I'm happy to report Pantheon seemed reasonably fun, ran fluid, and was interesting during my brief day with it. I'm "only" in the supporter tier, but I'll be following it more closely now.

• 6Like
  • 1Worf
  • 1Seriously?
Reactions: 7 users

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Every zone but dungeons and raids needs to have a map. Cities should be fully explored, and over world zones should have a fog of war like WoW's map discovery.

Amazon Games decided not to have a minimap with New World, so what did the player base do? They incorporated a pixel reader into an overlay and, ta-da, a fucking minimap that auto-updates, and has more features and functionality than the devs want it to have. But theyre the ones that let the cat out of the bag by being pricks about it. How long do these devs, and other indie devs, think it will take before THEY lose the battle to just a fucking pixel reader /yawn.

• 1Pathetic
Reactions: 1 user

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Maps are cool but always on minimaps can die. I didn’t realize how much I stared at them until I played Elden Ring.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Ichu

Molten Core Raider
  • Loading/zoning was so much faster than I anticipated. I put the patcher on my mechanical (storage) hard drive, and it downloaded files to the same location. Instead of moving the files, I decided to see how it ran. Very good honestly!
Not surprising given that the game isn't much further along than the loading screen.

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

If the game ever releases I'll be happy for the folks that will be able to play it. I probably won't if I'm honest, I can't dedicate the hours I used to do with EQ and I'll never be happy half-assing it.

I can't help but think the team behind it are disorganised shills who have only managed this long on invester goodwill and if it does eventually launch I don't think that bodes well for just how the players are likely to be treated.

Mr. Sox

Trakanon Raider
I bet it drives joppa crazy to have people refer to Pantheon as Brad's game or idea.

Last edited:

Chris

Potato del Grande
Every zone but dungeons and raids needs to have a map. Cities should be fully explored, and over world zones should have a fog of war like WoW's map discovery.

Amazon Games decided not to have a minimap with New World, so what did the player base do? They incorporated a pixel reader into an overlay and, ta-da, a fucking minimap that auto-updates, and has more features and functionality than the devs want it to have. But theyre the ones that let the cat out of the bag by being pricks about it. How long do these devs, and other indie devs, think it will take before THEY lose the battle to just a fucking pixel reader /yawn.
Game has to not only not have a minimap, but be designed to not need a minimap for players to not mod one in.

Like Elden Ring has massive fucking points of interest everywhere to help orient you.

Quests need to not require you to be pixel perfect to find something, like maybe there are multiple places to find quest items and they stand out from the landscape clearly.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
If the game ever releases I'll be happy for the folks that will be able to play it. I probably won't if I'm honest, I can't dedicate the hours I used to do with EQ and I'll never be happy half-assing it.

I can't help but think the team behind it are disorganised shills who have only managed this long on invester goodwill and if it does eventually launch I don't think that bodes well for just how the players are likely to be treated.

Oh I know no one here will be "the best" which is why their sanity cant afford for it to release (retarded doubling down and goalpost moving aside). The sideline stewing will break them.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user