Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

Tholan

Blackwing Lair Raider
Counter-point:

AAA companies are all overtaken with woke garbage and out of touch suits that wouldn't know a fun game idea unless it came with a micro-transaction attached. If you want a genuinely fun game in the classic style you're going to have to make some sacrifices. Those sacrifices are going to be on budget and that is primarily going to be the quality of the assets. The best you can hope for is stuff made tastefully that fits a theme. Top notch quality calls for top notch pay, you're dealing with passion projects here, with largely self-taught talent.

I don't disagree that things could probably be higher quality, but I mean I play classic EQ still so I'm willing to deal with subpar visuals if the core is quality. We'll have to see if that is Pantheon or not. This argument is admittedly easier to make with a game like Monsters and Memories because they haven't taken any player $$$. I haven't given them a penny so I guess it doesn't sting for me.

This isn't a new argument, but neither is whining about the graphics
That's true, minecraft is here to prove that a sound core design is better than nice graphics. But minecraft was coded in a week, with one guy, not 10 years with millions in $$.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

TBT-TheBigToe

Gemcutter
<Gold Donor>
Can't make Pantheon
samuel l jackson shit negro thats all you had to say GIF

• 6Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 6 users

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
You wanna do the circular argument again about raising kick starter money lol

They're filling in the pie now, give it 4 years

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
You wanna do a circular argument about angel investors and constantly saying fully funded

• 1Worf

Mr. Sox

Trakanon Raider
Jason Epstein was behind it at one time. Originally, he tried to buy pantheon but brad turned him down. Jason got tied up in a federal investigation with his Russian mafia ties when he was a hedge fund investor for Columbus Nova. Also he was friends with Michael Cohen who went to jail because Trump. Eventally he bought d&d online and LOTR online and founded Standing Stone Games. He sold his interests in these games to Darkpaw Games 2021.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
  • 1Faggotry
  • 1Pants on Fire!
Reactions: 3 users

Mr. Sox

Trakanon Raider
They have ties with Green Man Gaming, steam like video service in Europe.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
  • 1Pants on Fire!
Reactions: 2 users

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Jason Epstein was behind it at one time. Originally, he tried to buy pantheon but brad turned him down. Jason got tied up in a federal investigation with his Russian mafia ties when he was a hedge fund investor for Columbus Nova. Also he was friends with Michael Cohen who went to jail because Trump. Eventally he bought d&d online and LOTR online and founded Standing Stone Games. He sold his interests in these games to Darkpaw Games 2021.

I think the biggest donor to the Trump inauguration was the company that owned Daybreak games at the time. You know that one?

I remember making fun of this group of demons for buying Russian krono and they denied it until they saw the truth. One of em can't even face me in a chat anymore cuz he cant admit anything. Don't be like that guy. Panthe-on.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I think the biggest donor to the Trump inauguration was the company that owned Daybreak games at the time. You know that one?

I remember making fun of this group of demons for buying Russian krono and they denied it until they saw the truth. One of em can't even face me in a chat anymore cuz he cant admit anything. Don't be like that guy. Panthe-on.

If I had realized that krono purchases were supporting donald trump I might have bought more!

• 1Like

Shmoopy

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Yeah so pretty hyped about this game and 38 Studios Kingdoms of Amalur. 👍

• 1Like

Mr. Sox

Trakanon Raider
Lol. Old Kurt Schilling zaide, that's a real monk on live(povar). He was EQ's 1st public spokesperson in 2006.