Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

En Sabah Nur

Bronze Squire
I was curious why a topic for a game that I have never heard of has 60,000 posts and spent the last hour going down this rabbit hole, do I have this correct:

- Game is being made by the original Ever Quest developers as a sort of spiritual successor
- Game is 100% crowdfunded with some players being milked for tens of thousands of dollars
- One of the developers died under suspicious circumstances, probably an overdose on crowdfunded oxycontin
- It's been in development for over 10 years and has graphics on par with Sega Saturn games

Anything else I should be aware of?

• 7Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 7 users

BrotherWu

MAGA
<Silver Donator>
I was curious why a topic for a game that I have never heard of has 60,000 posts and spent the last hour going down this rabbit hole, do I have this correct:

- Game is being made by the original Ever Quest developers as a sort of spiritual successor
- Game is 100% crowdfunded with some players being milked for tens of thousands of dollars
- One of the developers died under suspicious circumstances, probably an overdose on crowdfunded oxycontin
- It's been in development for over 10 years and has graphics on par with Sega Saturn games

I think you are more or less caught up.

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>

Good old Brad McQuaalude!

• 1Weird Boner
Reactions: 1 user

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
There's people more rustled than those career casual testers. We have been linking gifs about them in this thread for saying I'd never play the game.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
There's people more rustled than those career casual testers. We have been linking gifs about them in this thread for saying I'd never play the game.
When Duke Nukem Forever released, there was so much vindication to be had too.

• 5Worf
Reactions: 4 users

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
This thread lol

giphy.gif

• 7Worf
Reactions: 6 users

Rael

Golden Knight of the Realm

No, it was originally proposed by one of the original lead developers of EQ and at various points people who had worked on EQ/Vanguard were employed, but AFAIK none of the current team ever worked on EQ, and the current lead didn't even play EQ back in the day. I think they've tried to move away from the "spiritual successor" thing since Brad died, also.

• 1Like

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>

- Game is vaporware originally pitched as napkin doodles in a failed kickstarter by one of the original Ever Quest developers as a scam to obtain funds to pay for oxycontin habit.
- Game is 100% crowdfunded with some whales being milked for tens of thousands of dollars
- the developer died of an overdose on crowdfunded oxycontin
- It's been in development for over 10 years by completely different "team" of volunteers with little to no experience and it shows, thus it has graphics on par with Sega Saturn games. it is the spiritual successor not to everquest, but to the vaporware game originally pitched during the failed kickstarter
- 90% of this thread is falling down gifs making fun of the "game" and the one poor sucker who still "believes", ie Nirgon
- The only person more delusional than Nirgon is Sox, but at least he is entertaining
fixed that for you

• 4Worf
  • 3Like
  • 1Ding!
Reactions: 7 users

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
We also paid to get to play it early and give feedback. People here said I would never play it LOL

Roillerblades-on-slide.gif

• 3Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Synj

Dystopian Dreamer
<Gold Donor>

You forgot that it’s gonna rock.

• 5Worf
  • 2Like
  • 1Ding!
Reactions: 8 users

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Remember boys, after you roller blade down the slide and bust your face. Pick yourself up, dust yourself off and move the goalposts.

For instance, "lol you cant even zone into somewhere else in this game and never will" - ah nvm that's not gonna work, you'll think of something else! Heck, you can make this game in a year by yourself!

Zaide

TLP Idealist
No, it was originally proposed by one of the original lead developers of EQ and at various points people who had worked on EQ/Vanguard were employed, but AFAIK none of the current team ever worked on EQ, and the current lead didn't even play EQ back in the day. I think they've tried to move away from the "spiritual successor" thing since Brad died, also.
Steve Clover is on the team right now.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
  • 1Worf

Chris

Potato del Grande
I got my first story idea for sailors. They invest all of their gold buying bitcoin and lose it all in one day. The episode is called Help Wanted! So they all have to get jobs in town. Imagine the humor of a1800s pirate doing customer service.
Pirates were 1600s to 1700s?