Lost Ranger_sl

shitlord
Need 4.7 million stat. Monks!
That certainly is a stretch!
tongue.png

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
Interesting an EQ Next dev on the team.

Also, did you guys see the female character look just like AB from EQII?

Going to review more once I get home from work. I'll definitely be giving $100+ to this just because I like what I hear. I have no monthly subscription right now so why not.

Tauro

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Heh, nice pledge levels, "pure digital" = all the money for the game!

1k = design boss encounter or quest line
10k = design dungeon or raid

so, who will pay
smile.png

arallu

Golden Knight of the Realm
Why are all the higher tiers limited. You're going to have to add more tiers and/or not limit them to get into the millions...
/boggle

Edit: also LOL at Silius as the first person shown in the KS Video...

Lethality

Lord Nagafen Raider
didn't add all that much, such as housing, ships, diplomacy, crafting(at least the detailed crafting, work orders and all that shit), starting zones(they were really cool but tbh you don't need 12starting zones or whatever it was). If they had diverted all the time they wasted on these during VG creation into actually making endgame content and shit, game probably would have been a ton better. Also client stability.
Actually, all of that stuff is precisely what added everything to Vanguard for me. Without it, it would have been another generic fantasy combat game. Who needs that?

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
Tad just quit: "Pantheon's combat places a focus on preparation and awareness of the enemy. The player can actively dodge, block, or deflect attacks. "

Khane

Got something right about marriage
You know, stretch goals dont have to be available at the launch of a game, as long as you tell everybody about it, no problem...
Actually, in practice all stretch goals should indeed be part of the launch. Otherwise where did that extra money go? Adding them in after launch is basically just hiding that money and using the extra box sales, microtransactions and/or sub fees to fund the development of said stretch goals. It's not nearly as transparent and is kind of nebulous otherwise.

Lost Ranger_sl

shitlord
I think those class stretch goals are retarded. Monk is probably the easiest to design, but is the most expensive. Sounds like some devs don't want to hear the bitching about FD
biggrin.png

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I came back after 3 days off, see 60 new pages thinking "KS must be out!" only to see the shitposters came out en-masse.

Reign in the tards please mods!

Crazy to see 60 pages of shit, and the KS only dropped on the previous page to this one.

*cracks open the wallet*

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I think those class stretch goals are retarded. Monk is probably the easiest to design, but is the most expensive. Sounds like some devs don't want to hear the bitching about FD
biggrin.png
I would assume monk is the hardest to actually make, because it needs a ton of unique animations that you could otherwise ignore. You need several punching and kicking animation for all your races. In comparison designing most other classes you just swing your weapon and you can put any weapon in there and be fine, and spellcasting animations would be fairly generic and be about the particles and spell effects.

That said don't like that there's a bunch of classes in the stretch goals, especially iconic classes like bard and monk.

Lost Ranger_sl

shitlord
Yeah I don't like that at all. Ranger should be easy to get, bard is likely not happening. I'm going to call it now and say monk is out. Unless they got more to show I'm not seeing 4.7 million+ there.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
They should have a stretch goal at $8 million to unfund the water content at 6.7. That shit would get hit np.

Who's fucking idea was water content? Fired.