Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

tad10

Elisha Dushku
You guys have more sway.
Yes, all the Devs, all the time: on messageboard like MMORPG or Massively or Kotaku or Reddit is key.

Except Salim - keep him away from the people.
wink.png

Aradune_sl

shitlord
Well, I let my old guild know about this game. Not even a thread on their forums about this game! United Kingdoms was a pretty big guild, if not bleeding edge. We used to have tons of real-life friends get exposed to EQ and EQ2 by knowing a UK member IRL, and I don't think that's gone anywhere, some more mature guild members have inducted their kids into the guild... So there's a lot of growth potential :p

Just shows how little Pantheon has been pushed. I'd say a lot of the suspects (to use old marketing speak) aren't even aware the project, much less kickstarter, exists. This needs to change. Trust me, I used to work as an insurance agent.
wink.png

---

By way of introduction, I started lurking at fohguild in January 2005, when a guildmate in UK EQ2 told me McQuaid was developing a more traditional MMO. Got into Vanguard beta in Dec 05. Been looking to recapture the autonutpunching goodness of LPMUDs ever since. (As in, playing e.g. BatMUD is about as enjoyable as punching your own nuts)

I was almost motivated to post regarding the terrible copyright trap of EQNL (day gig is IPR law/research) but thought it would be more amusing to drink the delicious tears of gamers instead. Now posting in this thread because I want my hardcore LPMUD in 3D, dammit.
Thanks very much for reaching out to your old guild. I think you're right, that we're not reaching some people, and that there's still a lot of people who don't even know what kickstarter is. We need help reaching out to those folks.

Tannlin_sl

shitlord
Thanks very much for reaching out to your old guild. I think you're right, that we're not reaching some people, and that there's still a lot of people who don't even know what kickstarter is. We need help reaching out to those folks.
I just finish updating the summary atKickstarter: QA | Pantheon: Rise of the Fallenand Aradune starts posting again.
smile.png

I've been trying to make the information as easily available as I can, spreading it out to as many gaming communities as I've been part of. Gonna get to sleep now, but I'll catch up in the morning.

Aradune_sl

shitlord
I just finish updating the summary atKickstarter: QA | Pantheon: Rise of the Fallenand Aradune starts posting again.
smile.png

I've been trying to make the information as easily available as I can, spreading it our to as many gaming communities as I've been part of. Gonna get to sleep now, but I'll catch up in the morning.
Thanks Tannlin -- I hope you don't mind if I steal some stuff from your summary and put it in the FAQ.

Going to try to get some shuteye. See you guys tomorrow.

Sithro

Molten Core Raider
Those screenshots are pretty rough looking. Is it the limitations of Unity, or just because it's early?

Lunis

Blackwing Lair Raider
In fairness, Shroud of the Avatar looked awful in their first videos when they were using all placeholder art, and that game looks totally different just 9 months later. But the smart thing Garriott did was make sure the game was instantly recognizable as a spiritual successor to Ultima. The problem with Pantheon is that you need to do a little digging before you really know that it is in some ways a spiritual successor to EQ. Maybe you guys should have held off on the actual name of the game and just used the placeholder title "The new EQ1" or something like that.

The video you guys made also isn't explicit enough I think, the opening words should literally be "The spiritual successor to the original Everquest" and not "an exciting MMO experience!". The words in the video are just too timid and generic.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
In fairness, Shroud of the Avatar looked awful in their first videos when they were using all placeholder art, and that game looks totally different just 9 months later. But the smart thing Garriott did was make sure the game was instantly recognizable as a spiritual successor to Ultima. The problem with Pantheon is that you need to do a little digging before you really know that it is in some ways a spiritual successor to EQ. Maybe you guys should have held off on the actual name of the game and just used the placeholder title "The new EQ1" or something like that.

The video you guys made also isn't explicit enough I think, the opening words should literally be "The spiritual successor to the original Everquest" and not "an exciting MMO experience!". The words in the video are just too timid and generic.
I agree. If they align it with a specific idea, in this case Everquest, people will naturally take the positives from EQ and base their hopes on a vision of what Everquest was/is. Although you fully may not wanna do that completely, in all honesty that is the crowd you're trying to reach!

Arthanis

Trakanon Raider
Brad.

Can you confirm if there will be "named" weapons such as Ghoulbane, Short sword of Ykesha...I think most of us miss getting such weapons and stick to them for several levels (20-30). I don't want to get flooded with items every 2 hours

Thanks!

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
I hope there are no item level restrictions at all. If the game is going to be hard please allow for items to nearly be usable across the board. It was nice to finally get a FBSS or SSoY and use that shit forever, because it took work! Hope Brad can answer this.

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Brad.

Can you confirm if there will be "named" weapons such as Ghoulbane, Short sword of Ykesha...I think most of us miss getting such weapons and stick to them for several levels (20-30). I don't want to get flooded with items every 2 hours

Thanks!
I don't think we've reached the information era yet. I think all they have at this point is a bunch of them vets sitting around a table, saying "this is gonna be awesome" for three hours, then they go home.

Merawen_sl

shitlord
Hi,

another longtime Lurker here (since the EQ2 Start on the foh boards).

What do you guys think about pre-launch social building features?

I really like the system SWTOR has (tried to) done (this was the only thing i liked about that game...).
A few month ahead of the launch, Guilds could be created, with own Private Guild Forums etc.
On launch day, you log in, created your char and bam you were in your guild on the right server. No hassle with "Which Server are we going? Is anyone on that
can invite me?". That was great.

I also liked the Feature of EQ2 and FF14 that you could create and finetune the look of your char weeks ahead of the Launch. At Launch only load your premade char,
and ready to go!

Gecko_sl

shitlord
Draegan, we might need a Pantheon sub forum.This thread moves way too fast and there's too much going on for just it alone. Maybe let a Pantheon person mod it?

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
we need some actual information providing in depth design choices made already to start multiple threads. Right now, all we can do is start dozens of threads about different subjects, discussing the lack of information about said subject.

Brad.

Thanks!
They are letting people choose names for items in the game on their Kickstarter for $150+, so I think it's safe to say that named items are definitely in.
smile.png

i wouldn't give a car company money for a car that wasn't built, nor would i pay $300 for a dinner before it was served.
Actually, people do this all the time. If you want something custom on a car, you can pre-pay and get it build just he way you like. People do the same when ordering something like a Dell computer. And as for a dinner, Groupon and Living Social make a good business out of people pre-paying for food they haven't eaten yet. Kickstarter is kinda like that. You pay ahead either to get a discount or to get customization. It's not for everyone, so maybe you're one of those who Kickstarter wasn't meant for, but this type of model is common in a lot of different industries.

Gecko_sl

shitlord
What would be different with a sub forum? Would still be in the single thread.
Make a thread for the 50 different topics and things being addressed here? We had a subforum for FFXIV which never had the level of interest as this.

Plus there is actual developer feedback, so it seems appropriate, and might add a lot more to rerolled then just trying to keep up with the 900 posts a day in a single thread that's tough to follow.