Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

Vandraad_sl

shitlord
Brad.

Can you confirm if there will be "named" weapons such as Ghoulbane, Short sword of Ykesha...I think most of us miss getting such weapons and stick to them for several levels (20-30). I don't want to get flooded with items every 2 hours

Thanks!
Given that 2 tiers of the Kickstarter give you the option to name an item, yes, there will be named items.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Went ahead and up'd mine to $250, hope I don't end up regretting it. Felt compelled since there are less than 100 left.

Lost Ranger_sl

shitlord
Etchazz... It's $45 man. I get the whole 'principled stance' thing, but come on.
Principles have a price tag?
tongue.png

I wouldn't worry about this getting funded. I'm pretty confident they hit the goal. I'd be more concerned about them only hitting their goal though. $800k-1mil means no druids, bards, monks, ui customization, housing, pvp, multiple races, no additional lands etc. I assume they are looking at other options for funding, but some of that stuff is either very important (ui customizing), or stuff people loved from EQ (the classes/races). Also no pvp whatsoever means no pvp server which means you lose all the Zek crowd, and any new blood you might of attracted who have a interest in pvp. They might get the game made with that $800,000, but the finished project could be a bit...shallow?

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Shows 900 left for me.
lol, read that completely backwards, either way, I'm in for it. Only thing I still dislike about this is having classes be stretch goals and hoping that will change to at least they all are ahead of the other goals.

arallu

Golden Knight of the Realm
Sent out some emails to other sites ala slashdot, forbes it, engadget. Why hasn't IGN had an article on this yet?

Gaige

Legal Ephebophile
How quickly people forget Vanguard. Humorous, really. Bitch about industry, fund everything they bitch about lol.

Odds that Brad does the same shit that doomed Vanguard and cost people their jobs?

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
How quickly people forget Vanguard. Humorous, really. Bitch about industry, fund everything they bitch about lol.

Odds that Brad does the same shit that doomed Vanguard and cost people their jobs?
You either believe or you don't dude. Pretty simple

Quaid

Trump's Staff

Nobody forgets... Like 50% of this thread is people discussing the dev team's history.

Also, none of the dev team are paid employees (yet)

Jimbolini

Semi-pro Monopoly player
Nobody forgets... Like 50% of this thread is people discussing the dev team's history.

Also, none of the dev team are paid employees (yet)
I am sure they are getting free Mountain Dew and Hot Pockets. (Or whatever programmers eat and drink)

Miele

Lord Nagafen Raider
It's on multiplayer.it (no idea how many read it, but it's a known site here) and 10 out of 11 comments are negative.
Your starting KS presentation is to be blunt extremely lacking: there is absolutely no reason new generations should give it a second look. Generic uninspiring material.
For veteran players it may ring a bell, but reality states that a lot of them moved on.

Do an overhaul of your KS page, it's your best investment right now.

Grave_sl

shitlord

People screw up and make mistakes, and there are always more to these stories than what we hear. What matters so many years later is whether or not these unfortunate events can be taken as lessons learned.

Vanguard was way overscoped in my opinion, and it sounds like Pantheon could easily repeat that error, but it remains to be seen. I'd be more worried about whoever funds the rest of development making demands that compromise the initial vision and blow out scope than Brad mismanaging anything. Although, that said, it is certainly always a danger when small teams of passionate guys spend too much time saying "how cool would it be if..." instead of realizing that their motto should be "cut early and cut often" so they can just make a polished, fun core game experience with strong systems that result in a game that is simply enjoyable to play and be in even without tons and tons of content updates. This was one of the strengths of EQ. Sure, they were decent at getting new content out to us, but it was always fun to jump back into places like Seb or NToV with alts or lesser guilds and just play.

krysanth

Golden Knight of the Realm
Just hard to justify me throwing money at them for an idea. It's not that I can't afford it, but to "fund" a game development that won't be released for 3+ years and we don't know anything about it......Just doesn't sit rigt with me. I'll wait till release if I still have time for MMOs then.

*who am I kidding never gonna stop gaming

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Vanguard was overscoped but how many people actually played it after the initial shitfest? It's a really good game as long as you are playing with others. Graphics are still decent today, gameplay is solid, and the classes are great. I also love the exploration, the minor dungeons everywhere, you can quest or grind, solo or group. By all accounts it is a good game. There were a lot of shitty decisions made and the game got killed because of that. Behind it all, there is a good idea and a great game there.

I think I'll pledge to the kickstarter on one of the lower ones and keep the game in mind. I'd rather spend the box price on something from Brad than any other MMOs on the horizon.