Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

Helldiver

Bronze Knight of the Realm
"My past has taught me that fallen deities become vengeful god kings." -- Aradune Mithara, Ranger Lord, warning the people of Triundia about the exiled god, Oranthel.

I thought Aradune Mithara was a ranger that wielded a Fiery Avenger and lived in Norrath?

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Silly question. My 1st kickstarter. I donated, but I don't see the money removed from my account. Did I actually donate?

Jimbolini

Semi-pro Monopoly player
I know some of the people here have Kickstarter knowledge, that much is clear.

It's also clear that most of us want this to succeed...it's just like watching your kid make mistakes when you know you can help.

Hopefully Brad takes some of this advice given (Hidden in all these pages) and understands it comes from experience.

Aradune_sl

shitlord
Brad or Ben, get over to the Kickstarter site and clear up all this shit about the two $250 tiers. People are freaking out over there. Gawd, why couldn't you have made the new one cost $255 or $245 to avoid all this confusion?
We're making some changes ASAP. You guys are right, it wasn't thought out as well as it could be. We're doing our best to get a better grasp of how pledge rewards and stretch goals should be handled. It's simply not what we're used to... KS and how to approach it is so very different from our years of game development in the past. I know that's not a good excuse, though, and we're doing our best to get up to speed. Thanks to you and everyone who are giving use great feedback (in fact, I'm overwhelmed with great suggestions and feedback right now, not just here, but on other boards and my inbox is full as well
smile.png

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
"My past has taught me that fallen deities become vengeful god kings." -- Aradune Mithara, Ranger Lord, warning the people of Triundia about the exiled god, Oranthel.

I thought Aradune Mithara was a ranger that wielded a Fiery Avenger and lived in Norrath?
MY IMMERSION IS SHATTERED!

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
I agree the KS seems to be something they didn't really plan out. I mean, if they were talking about this kind of stuff for a few months now, you would think they would have the tiers properly mapped out. But everything seems so 'on the fly', basically reading here (and maybe a few other places), then modifying the KS based on suggestion. That does not instill confidence in the average person who would be interested in your type of game. Add to the fact there is nothing tangible (the cleric update today is the perfect representation of this, mostly just a wall of text) and it's not rocket science to figure out why people won't just throw down 250 or 100, heck even 50.

It's like one day the conversation went to funding. Someone pipes up, what about Kickstarter. Another one says "yea, that chris roberts dude is making bank, lets do that". Goes to the website, sees 'sign up your project', hey this is easy, and then here we are.

I think redoing the KS, get something a little more tangible out there, get a nice website is the way to go. What's the rush, the game is 3 yrs potentially away anyway.

Aradune_sl

shitlord
I know some of the people here have Kickstarter knowledge, that much is clear.

It's also clear that most of us want this to succeed...it's just like watching your kid make mistakes when you know you can help.

Hopefully Brad takes some of this advice given (Hidden in all these pages) and understands it comes from experience.
We are deluged with great advise right now and are going through it, assigning new tasks to people, etc. It may feel slow, but there's a lot of feedback to go through. My inbox is full of great suggestions.

Aradune_sl

shitlord
I agree the KS seems to be something they didn't really plan out. I mean, if they were talking about this kind of stuff for a few months now, you would think they would have the tiers properly mapped out. But everything seems so 'on the fly', basically reading here (and maybe a few other places), then modifying the KS based on suggestion. That does not instill confidence in the average person who would be interested in your type of game. Add to the fact there is nothing tangible (the cleric update today is the perfect representation of this, mostly just a wall of text) and it's not rocket science to figure out why people won't just throw down 250 or 100, heck even 50.

I think redoing the KS, get something a little more tangible out there, get a nice website is the way to go. What's the rush, the game is 3 yrs potentially away anyway.
We're not KS experts, we're MMO development experts, and a lot of how one uses KS is radically different than convention game development, where a lot of these ideas wouldn't be even talked about for 1-2 years.

Honestly, if there is a 'rush' it's that we've been working hard since September pro bono, and people have bills to pay.

Anomander Rake

Golden Knight of the Realm
It will be removed from your account on Feb. 22nd, that's the day the Kickstarter campaign ends
smile.png

It can be a little confusing, so don't sweat it
smile.png
And as I said before, only if it reaches the 800k. If it doesn't reach the minimum tier, which is 800k, then it doesn't get funded, i.e. you don't get charged.

Grave_sl

shitlord
It's probably already been commented on, but I can't keep up with this thread at work. Haha.

Grammar/punctuation errors and poor wording aside (but seriously, that thing reads like it was just word vomited this morning and posted) I would really suggest reworking the class reveals to actually have some interesting substance to them. Revealing a Cleric and describing it as the typical Cleric isn't anything that is going to get people excited/encourage them to back. Don't get me wrong, Ilikethe basic traditional classes and their themes, but that also means I'm not really interested in you telling me what a Cleric is - we know that already. The few actual abilities talked about are pretty much the standard repertoire, with the summoning of "Paladins" being the only thing that stands out a bit.

Even if you can't call out specific spell/ability names and their full descriptions yet, I'd suggest adding a section below the description for each class that looks something like this.

Play a Cleric if you want to:

• Customize your healing style--melee or ranged--by carefully selecting your abilities and equipment
  • Be themost durableof the healing classes
  • Be the cornerstone of your group by providing thestrongest direct healingand useful buffs only available from a Cleric
  • Possess unique tools that make youmore effective against Undeadthan any other class
  • Summon petswithout the hassle of pet management, sending it into the fray while you focus on your spells or attacks
  • Offer thebest resurrectionspells to your group or raid for faster recovery

At a glance, this list highlights the unique features of the class but also calls out elements of the core game to get people thinking old school. It also causes them to become curious about other class mechanics and what group makeup might look like. If I see Cleric has the best direct healing, I'm starting to think about what other classes you might reveal and particularly what other healing classes might bring to the table. When I see they're more effective against Undead, it makes me excited to consider whether or not I could customize a Cleric that can solo Undead. When I see pets, I think that's not normally something Clerics have and you tell me I don't have to manage it - which then leads me to believe you'll be revealing a class that does manage pets. When I see best resurrection I start to think about the different types there might be and also whether or not resurrection will soften the death penalty like in EQ.

You aren't actually revealing or saying much more than the blurb did, but it gets me thinking about actually playing the class and what this game will be like.

tad10

Elisha Dushku
I was pretty sure that Brad said in this thread that they are not attached to SOE for funding at all and don't want to be. Someone correct me if I am wrong.
You are right. Brad stated SOE is all eqnext, all the time. The only connection he said was the possibility of using some SOE tech, didn't say what tech (storybricks?) or if vr would have to pay. Unless Pantheon is going to run on the PS4 SOE is not going to get involved now or tomorrow.

Anomander Rake

Golden Knight of the Realm
We're not KS experts, we're MMO development experts, and a lot of how one uses KS is radically different than convention game development, where a lot of these ideas wouldn't be even talked about for 1-2 years.

Honestly, if there is a 'rush' it's that we've been working hard since September pro bono, and people have bills to pay.
Wait... you guys have been at thissince September? Oh lawd. I don't even...

Aradune_sl

shitlord
You are right. Brad stated SOE is all eqnext, all the time. The only connection he said was the possibility of using some SOE tech, didn't say what tech (storybricks?) or if vr would have to pay. Unless Pantheon is going to run on the PS4 SOE is not going to get involved now or tomorrow.
This.

Jimbolini

Semi-pro Monopoly player

Everything can be fixed...still plenty of time. I know that there are people here that would give you honest answers to any ideas or questions about KS or anything else. (Once you get past the blah blah etc)

Don't be afraid to ask or delegate something to us...you may be shocked how much we (or they) can help.

omg advice time over..carry on

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

Have you guys considered plucking some of the better feedback poster here and a few other places and using them as a focus group? There are some really knowledgeable KS people here and other places posting. I am certainly not one of them lol. Going forward this KS has to be constantly improving in every area..From updates to stretch goals. It could really give you guys an insight you're missing..

AmberT._sl

shitlord

I was probably too harsh in my post. I know you're working hard. I'm impressed even. But we want you to work smart too. I don't want to sound arrogant, but if you're going to make any further changes to the KS page, why not run it by us first? Or if not the whole board, preview it to the ones on here who seem to have some experience with Kickstarter.